IGNORED

Antolín Alcaraz

Funny isn't it. The lad cost zilch, was on about £15-20k a week but gets some stick. The irony is that on the majority of the games he played he was a very useful and tidy player. If course it will be the Kiev game that will get remembered.

It's not like he was Andy van Der meyde.

Be interresting to see our current fans view retrospectively looking at a mark Higgins, Kevin Richardson or Alan Harper.

Harper, Richardson and Higgins were all excellent players for us

Alcaraz was a disaster of a signing , not just because he was shite, but also because he was never it

I would say both of his performances against Kiev and his performance at Analfield were right up there with Glen Keeley as the worst I have ever seen from any Everton defender in all the years Ive been watching them

It doesn't matter whether he was on £90k a week or 5p a week he was a total waste of money

Harper, Richardson and Higgins were all excellent players for us

Alcaraz was a disaster of a signing , not just because he was shite, but also because he was never it

I would say both of his performances against Kiev and his performance at Analfield were right up there with Glen Keeley as the worst I have ever seen from any Everton defender in all the years Ive been watching them

It doesn't matter whether he was on £90k a week or 5p a week he was a total waste of money

I wouldn't want to rubbish any Everton player and I can remember the odd outing for Everton where Alcaraz was half decent.If he could have maintained that standard as a minimum and not been so injury prone he could well have been worth buying, sadly he did neither.Maybe his signing was a case of Martinez knowing what he 'was' capable of once, and taking a gamble......just didn't work out.

To compare a present day Alcaraz against excellent stalwarts such as Richardson and Harper.....is mind blowing!

Howard Kendall named Harper as one of the unsung heros of his 80's team and didn't Richardson help us and Arsenal to title wins.

Higgins cut down in his prime (excellent prime) is a lame example.

Have to disagree. His first few games with the club were truly excellent. He stepped in when one of the regulars was out (was it Jagielka), and most here were praising his abilities. Then he was injured, and was plagued by injury for most of his stay. He made mistakes in some games, for sure, but that should not define him. He contributed well more than he contributed poorly, and it's sad he's getting such a poor sendoff. I wish him all the best.

I was pointing out the perspective of squad fillers.

When Harper and Richardson played it was met with the same "oh well, it's not exactly Peter Reid but let's hope we get a result"

And that is it... The same way that John oshea or Wes brown was for United.

Have to disagree. His first few games with the club were truly excellent. He stepped in when one of the regulars was out (was it Jagielka), and most here were praising his abilities. Then he was injured, and was plagued by injury for most of his stay. He made mistakes in some games, for sure, but that should not define him. He contributed well more than he contributed poorly, and it's sad he's getting such a poor sendoff. I wish him all the best.

Maybe if jags was judged by one of his horror shows and didn't have another 20 to dispell the critics things would be the same for him.

Difficult being a cheap stand in, fans hate you straight away and have a long time to remember the stinker as you sit on the bench waiting for the opportunity to put it right.

Edited by Hafnia

Let's be honest here. He will be remembered for being shit because when we needed him he was shit. That's what matters to me. Forget any comparisons, we needed him and he was shit. Nothing more, nothing less. I wish the fella no harm, he seems an honest man, and on a man to man basis I wish him all the best. But as a player, I'm glad he's gone.

Let's be honest here. He will be remembered for being shit because when we needed him he was shit. That's what matters to me. Forget any comparisons, we needed him and he was shit. Nothing more, nothing less. I wish the fella no harm, he seems an honest man, and on a man to man basis I wish him all the best. But as a player, I'm glad he's gone.

Exactly. Well said sir.

• 5 weeks later...