IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/8756729/Whelan-won-t-stop-Everton-poaching

Guess we might be seeing a few of Wigan's lads here.

What and pay over the odd prices for championship players??

It is true what Harry Redknapp said earlier on in the season if the players were that good then they wouldn't be in the championship and got relegated. Simples. There is probably 1 player who I would like from Wigan and that is McCarthey. Nobody else thank you.

Guest blueboy122

back on track boys....

Rumours saying the compensation of 1.5m has been agreed. Every penny less than the 2m counts I suppose. Still amazed its us thats paying compensation since Martinez has resigned.

I said that earlier on in the thread. Whelan came out shouting his mouth off saying he had resigned etc and was to be our new manger an then Wigan released a statement saying he hadn't resigned he was just given permission to speak to us.

Whelan almost cost his club millions.

Guest blueboy122

blimey, can someone insult me, i'm feeling left out here...

chill out guys, it's a good time to be a blue, suns shining and all that, get a cold one and chillllll

Exactly what I am thinking.

Ecstatic about Martinez

Whose round is it?

Yours isn't it MikeO

If you resign from a job but go to somewhere you have either worked for (I.e. Outsourcing) or a competitor who has poached you then you are entitled to compensation. As there was time left on his contract and he has come to us who we have poached as we know he still has time left on his contract plus we were a competitor in the league. Wigan are entitled to compensation.

1.5mil for Martinez, go on then :-)

Are you messing?

Who the fuck are you anyway?

Blueboy122 - I'm far too old to hold grudges with guys on here, and will have forgotten about your comments by the time I've finished my afternoon cup of tea, so why not consider cooling down a little, and let what happens happen, before the stresses of the occasion spoil the enjoyment of the forum for everybody? Everybody is concerned about the same thing, and everybody wants the best for the club.

blimey, can someone insult me, i'm feeling left out here...

chill out guys, it's a good time to be a blue, suns shining and all that, get a cold one and chillllll

beer garden soon for me..can't fuckin wait..can't say i'm delighted about martinez but not devastated either...hopefully i'm proven wrong!

also it's probably my round always fuckin seems to be :lol:

beer garden soon for me..can't fuckin wait..can't say i'm delighted about martinez but not devastated either...hopefully i'm proven wrong!

also it's probably my round always fuckin seems to be :lol:

Always feels that way for me too, cos I drink too quick - Becks Vier is one of my new favourites

Av, in fairness you are missing a massive point. Martinez had to bring wages down as Wigan were heading for serious trouble, he actually brought them down by 22% when all other clubs were increasing theirs.

In terms of attracting defensive quality he had absolute peanuts to work with. You can't compare his time at Wigan to Bruce and jewels, they were part of the problem in having some overpaid players.

I think people seem to forget how small a club Wigan are. Relegation was a certainty for them each year. You can't sort your defence out if you can't get top defenders. When they did get Ramos for £5m, he got injured and was out for the bulk of this season.

Are you not missing the point aswell though Haf

He had money to spend and used it in other areas when it was obvious his back four was a priority

Are you not missing the point aswell though Haf

He had money to spend and used it in other areas when it was obvious his back four was a priority

vicious circle isnt it Dunc? If he had invested in his defence he might not have been able to play attacking football. Again the point is, he didnt have the cash needed to improve his team.