IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Some have watched Wigan play and trust what they saw. Di Santo has got very few attributes going for him. The surest way to actually change into a relegation struggler is signing Wigan's second choice striker.

To be fair Di Santo tore us apart at Goodison a couple of years ago. Did I hear right that he's actually been capped by Argentina now?! I don't actually think he's awful, got some really good attributes in fact.

To be fair Di Santo tore us apart at Goodison a couple of years ago. Did I hear right that he's actually been capped by Argentina now?! I don't actually think he's awful, got some really good attributes in fact.

bench warming?

His attributes certainly don't include many goals. Which is what you'd want from a striker.

He's good at running round though, I'll give him that. But I did think we'd moved on from having a headless chicken upfront.

Goals no but hold up play, power and pretty decent when running with the ball. He may end up becoming a half decent player. *disclaimer... I'm not saying I want him, just he's not as bad as many make out.

2 points Haf:

Everton are 46m in debt. Wigan are 12m in debt. In my book, we are therefore poorer than Wigan by 34m. Not sure how we can look at it any other way.

Midfield wise, how are we stronger?

We lost Arteta, Bilyaletdinov, Gosling, Rodwell, Drenthe, Wallace, Gueye, and Cahill, all with the exception of Wallace were getting first team football, and we already had Fellaini, Osman, Barkley, Pienaar (spurs noted) etc etc.

We've since brought in Gibson, Kennedy, Hitz, and Junior. Mirallas is much more of a striker.

We are short of bodies for midfield, and could do with investment. It may be we have to sell a big name in order to do this.

Wigan operate on a totally different model to us, think of the debt as a mortgage and the turnover as someone's income. Wigan live in a one bed flat with a £100k mortgage and bring home £150 a week. They have to shop in netto for their groceries (players).

We live in a 3 bed detached house with a £250k mortgage and bring home £500 a week. We get our groceries from asda.

Point is the debt needs to be relevant to the turnover, our debt is manageable the same as wigans but ultimately wigans revenue means they can't afford to pay players anywhere near the wages we can. Wigan are a small club, low attendance (revenue) and small fan base. We are a big club, we can service higher running costs better = players wages.

Out of all the midfielders you mention name one who would get into our starting 11 bar arteta? When I say we are no weaker/ as strong, we have as good a starting midfield a we have done. We have just got rid of dead wood. Having a collection of players not good enough for first 11 does not make us atronger. I would argue that having the likes of mirallas, lundstrum and Barkley getting better is more favourable. We clearly have a few mill for a midfielder which we could do with as per the leroy fer bid.

Wigan operate on a totally different model to us, think of the debt as a mortgage and the turnover as someone's income. Wigan live in a one bed flat with a £100k mortgage and bring home £150 a week. They have to shop in netto for their groceries (players).

We live in a 3 bed detached house with a £250k mortgage and bring home £500 a week. We get our groceries from asda.

Point is the debt needs to be relevant to the turnover, our debt is manageable the same as wigans but ultimately wigans revenue means they can't afford to pay players anywhere near the wages we can. Wigan are a small club, low attendance (revenue) and small fan base. We are a big club, we can service higher running costs better = players wages.

Out of all the midfielders you mention name one who would get into our starting 11 bar arteta? When I say we are no weaker/ as strong, we have as good a starting midfield a we have done. We have just got rid of dead wood. Having a collection of players not good enough for first 11 does not make us atronger. I would argue that having the likes of mirallas, lundstrum and Barkley getting better is more favourable. We clearly have a few mill for a midfielder which we could do with as per the leroy fer bid.

That's a fair explanation of your point Haf

(I'm far too nice to you lately - it will have to stop). :P

Still, almost 50m of debt is almost 50m of debt, and should sell our best players and pay it back, or how can we ever close down without our chairman having to work far beyond retirement age. It's simply not on.

That's a fair explanation of your point Haf

(I'm far too nice to you lately - it will have to stop). :P

Still, almost 50m of debt is almost 50m of debt, and should sell our best players and pay it back, or how can we ever close down without our chairman having to work far beyond retirement age. It's simply not on.

The good news (relatively) is the the new tv money coming in will devalue debt somewhat. This extra money clubs will get will dilute such debts.

Example:- you have a credit card bill of £5k that you are paying £20 a month off (you spent the £5k on nice clothes to go out and pull) it seems massive as all you can afford is £20.

All of a sudden everyone including you get a £1000 bonus and a 20% pay rise. That debt seems a lot lighter you feel like you can wipe a lot of it out. The problem is, all your rivals are spending big, they are getting the best gear and you need to get laid! That £5k can be wiped out but you will look like a gimp... And you ain't gettin laid.

The good news (relatively) is the the new tv money coming in will devalue debt somewhat. This extra money clubs will get will dilute such debts.

Example:- you have a credit card bill of £5k that you are paying £20 a month off (you spent the £5k on nice clothes to go out and pull) it seems massive as all you can afford is £20.

All of a sudden everyone including you get a £1000 bonus and a 20% pay rise. That debt seems a lot lighter you feel like you can wipe a lot of it out. The problem is, all your rivals are spending big, they are getting the best gear and you need to get laid! That £5k can be wiped out but you will look like a gimp... And you ain't gettin laid.

So, Everton should become gay?

Speculation matey. There could still be a surprise knowing Everton. Pen runs out type thing. :rofl:

You sure it ain't wishful thinking on your behalf Av?

I know you will get behind him once he's here - to be honest I will have a friendly bet that by Christmas you will be delighted with him.

So its still not confirmed to be Martinez? No news apart from the press conference? Curve ball anyone? Haha *puts on hat made from tin foil

Tbh, I don't think anyone else was even in the running and the other names we were linked with were a load of press made shite.