IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. Forgive my terrible english but im spaniard.

From now, Everton has a new fan in me. I've been following RM since his first season as Swansea coach and i support every team he is in charge.

See u!

Thanks and welcome to the forum :)

It wasn't what was said, it was how it was delivered - "one of the first things he said to me was I can get you in the Champions League". Even Martinez was making light of the comment after he had explained his position and the process behind it.

I guess it's because what you say in a job interview is usually a bit OTT and you wouldn't really want anyone else to hear it because you might sound like a knob!

For example

"Yes I'm dedicated, hard working and an excellent team player who would push this company to the apex of the industry..."

Isn't too dissimilar from...

"I will get this team into the champions league"

I must say I did grimace when Kenwright opened with that.

Martinez also said it's going to be a process - doesn't mean next year, or next season. You can never say never but you can never say 100% either. Just take it in good faith that we have a manager who has ambition to take the club forward and will do his best. Only time will tell. Even DM at Manure is not 'guaranteed' winning ANYTHING next season; but he has a hell of a platform to start with. So RM here is saying Everton is now established as a top half, if not top six team - and we must build on that. Building on that will naturally lead to a European place.

But funds will always play a part in the long run. We spend piddilies compared to other teams so in the back of my mind, I'm not going to 'expect' too much unless we get the financial side of things sorted out - board and ownership.

Martinez also said it's going to be a process - doesn't mean next year, or next season. You can never say never but you can never say 100% either. Just take it in good faith that we have a manager who has ambition to take the club forward and will do his best. Only time will tell. Even DM at Manure is not 'guaranteed' winning ANYTHING next season; but he has a hell of a platform to start with. So RM here is saying Everton is now established as a top half, if not top six team - and we must build on that. Building on that will naturally lead to a European place.

But funds will always play a part in the long run. We spend piddilies compared to other teams so in the back of my mind, I'm not going to 'expect' too much unless we get the financial side of things sorted out - board and ownership.

You think I grimaced because Martinez said it? Because that's not it at all. I'm pleased Martinez has got that ambition (I even said so after watching the interview). I grimaced at Kenwright saying it, particularly as it was pretty much the first thing he said.

Laudrup on his way to Fenerbahce after row with Swansea. Only sticking it in here as he was my fave for the Everton job. Still chuffed to bits with RM though

I always rather had Martinez to be honest. Laudrup never seems to stay for to long, he left Mallorca because of a row with the board, he's leaving Swansea the same way now. (He's also being summoned to court for a tax case by Ajax)

You think I grimaced because Martinez said it? Because that's not it at all. I'm pleased Martinez has got that ambition (I even said so after watching the interview). I grimaced at Kenwright saying it, particularly as it was pretty much the first thing he said.

I saw that as typical BK showmanship. Of how DM first told him Everton was not going down, then a segue to RM. It's the kind of emotive fluff talk from Bill that we should all be used to by now. I saw a comment that BK was like an Uncle at a party who tries to make jokes but...

Hi, this is my first post on this forum. Forgive my terrible english but im spaniard.

From now, Everton has a new fan in me. I've been following RM since his first season as Swansea coach and i support every team he is in charge.

See u!

Pleased to meet you Sibenik and welcome. Como estad usted?

Theres loads out there with their own little interview traits:-

Jermiane "YA KNOW" Defo

Wayne "Touch my ear" Rooney

Robert "absolutely" Elstone

Ian "errr" Rush

Bill "little teary eyed fairy tale coming right now" Kenwright

Brendan "I'm shucking a shweet ash I talk" Rodgers

Estoy muy bien, gracias (I'm fine, thank you)

I'm not new in following Everton. For some reason I like the club (maybe Moyes' philosophy) since few years ago so I'm very pleased with the news of Roberto becoming the new manager. I also have an Everton shirt (Cahill rulez) that I bought in one of my few trips to the Island!

I hope you all can forgive my bad english. I understand it perfectly but it's hard to me to explain myself on this language (I don't use any translator) I think I could become a regular on the forum.

Edited by Sibenik

I'm not new in following Everton. For some reason I like the club (maybe Moyes' philosophy) since few years ago so I'm very pleased with the news of Roberto becoming the new manager. I also have an Everton shirt (Cahill rulez) that I bought in one of my few trips to the Island!

I hope you all can forgive my bad english. I understand it perfectly but it's hard to me to explain myself on this language (I don't use any translator) I think I could become a regular on the forum.

Your english is really good, as is Martinez english. Theres lots of non english people on here but most of them seem to come from the US. A few from the Nordics (myself included), Belgians, Irish, Scots etc etc. Welcome to the forum.

Agghhh went the boozer earlier and was hit with "wrong appointment" then a barrage of statistics, win ratios, goals conceded etc etc.

Thankfully I had enough soberiety to ask the question "are they stats that answer questions you ask, or are they spot ones that you have read?"

The question everyone wants to know is "what can martinez do with more resource?", those who want to read into a few stats and base their opinion on that should join the "don't know, but lets get behind him and see" gang. At least then they won't be pretending to know more than the odd tabloid journo that spouts this shite.

Already done my research, the mans a winner. Be happy.

Your English is better than my Spanish. Actually, your English is better than most of our English.