IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

So its still not confirmed to be Martinez? No news apart from the press conference? Curve ball anyone? Haha *puts on hat made from tin foil

From efc.com

Everton Football Club is today delighted to confirm the appointment of Roberto Martinez as its next manager.

The 39-year-old Spaniard joins from Wigan Athletic and has signed a four-year contract at Goodison Park.

Mr Martinez will be officially unveiled as the Club’s 14th permanent manager at a media conference on Wednesday afternoon.

From efc.com

Everton Football Club is today delighted to confirm the appointment of Roberto Martinez as its next manager.

The 39-year-old Spaniard joins from Wigan Athletic and has signed a four-year contract at Goodison Park.

Mr Martinez will be officially unveiled as the Club’s 14th permanent manager at a media conference on Wednesday afternoon.

Ok, confirmed then. Great signing, really looking forward to see what he can do!

We have got a manager who has been in demand for the past couple of years and he's a decent and honest bloke - so all the very best of luck to him.

I don't think we could have realistically found a much better replacement. As I have said before, there are positives and negatives about all the front running candidates. Lets all focus on Martinez positive attributes and look forward to seeing some ever increasing attractive football!

Meh, I'm not creaming my pants over Martinez but he's much better than the shite we've been linked with. The only two I'd have over him are Pereira & the Schalke bloke. He's a million steps ahead of Lennon, O'Neill, Redknapp and the other bum-duffers the press have linked us with.

Yeah it could have been a lot lot worse, and just remember, Moyes was not exactly a world renowned manager when he came to us. Welcome Roberto, do us proud!!!

Absolutely delighted. Weigh up the pros and cons and we potentially have a world class manager. A return to the school of science after Royles dogs of war, Smiths golden oldies, Moyes conservative hard to beat.

He's not going to be everyones cup of tea, but anyone who is prepard to look into performance versus resource (seriously - not just transfer fee's, wages versus turnover etc) and we have an absolute gem on our hands.

Very excited, and finally "WELL DONE BILL, YOU VERY RARELY GET CREDIT OFF ME, BUT WELL BLOODY DONE!"

I'm not going to pretend to be in love with the move. His tenure at Wigan was hardly impressive. That being said, he's certainly a better choice than Redknapp or Hughes. And one thing that pisses me off in the sports world is that fans will take an immediate, initial stance and then refuse to budge from it, instead opting to justify their original stance any way they can. I don't like the move right now, but I am fully behind him now that he is ours and I hope to like him half as much as I liked Moyes.