IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Do you think Martinez would have resigned from Wigan if he knew he wasn't certain to get the Everton job? I just think why would you resign from Wigan if you haven't got another job lined up? If he doesn't get this one then I think he will get the Malaga job anyway.

He possibly would have, his team were just relegated and he didn't want to manage in the Championship (source: Dave Whelan). He wouldn't be out of work for long anyway, there were even rumours of a return Spain.

Do you think Martinez would have resigned from Wigan if he knew he wasn't certain to get the Everton job? I just think why would you resign from Wigan if you haven't got another job lined up? If he doesn't get this one then I think he will get the Malaga job anyway.

I think he will have expected to be a sure thing for the Everton job and now he's having to work for it - which is no bad thing for the club. It shows our credentials as a big step up from Wigan.

No doubt he'll be disappointed if he doesn't get it but there'll be plenty of offers for him. Something like 75% of PL managers moved in the past year!

And if he doesn't get it, more power to Everton who have identified a better candidate.

Edited by SharpysVolley

Dutch national team manager Louis Van Gaal has now announced that he might stop his career after Brazil 2014, "unless a good Premier League Club come knocking on my door".

I just posted that in here, cause, well, how many teams in the EPL are looking for a new manager? ManU, Man City and Chelsea have theirs already. So does Stoke, but the likes of those wouldn't really be considered "good" when compared to the league they are in. Is he openly applying for the Everton job?

Is Van Gaal a proud owner of a Delorian?

He has said he might stop after the World Cup unless an English club comes knocking after the world cup, not now.

He never literally said that he would only joing that English club after the world cup ;) It can be interpreted both ways.

How is he supposed to teach anyone the attacking side of the game? Or to the standard we'd want our kids to learn at least.

get someone else to coach the attacking part. Having him as an example of dedication and professionalism makes him a great candidate for me...

He's the only one we're talking about replacing if he leaves.

So presumably the attacking, technical, goalkeeping, etc. youth coaches will stay until told otherwise. What I'm saying is Irvine doesn't do it on his own so why would Neville and presumably it's a whole club approach so the tactics/mentality/strategy comes from the top eg. Moyes or whoever replaces him.

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1268240.ece

OLE GUNNAR SOLSKJAER is in the running to be Everton’s next manager.

Roberto Martinez remains the club’s preferred choice to succeed David Moyes but Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, is determined to be thorough in examining options and Solskjaer is one of several options being considered. Kenwright has not yet met Solskjaer, who is in the middle of a league season with his club Molde, in Norway, but the former Manchester United striker is aware of Everton’s interest and sees managing the Merseyside club as an inviting challenge.

Solskjaer rejected an approach from Stoke when they were seeking a replacement for Tony Pulis — Mark Hughes was appointed on Thursday — and has previously rebuffed Aston Villa and Blackburn.

Solskjaer has made a dazzling start to his coaching career. He was United’s strikers’ coach during their Premier League and Champions League winning season in 2007-8 before a stint in charge of the club’s reserves. In 2011 he joined Molde as head coach and led the Norwegian outfit to their first national title in 100 years. The club defended their crown last season, but are second bottom after 12 games this season.

While Martinez, 39, has been interviewed by Kenwright, others in the frame include Ralf Rangnick, 54, who took Hoffenheim to promotion in Germany, Vitor Pereira, winner of the Portuguese League with Porto, and the former players Alan Stubbs, David Weir and Phil Neville.

I'd be happy with any of the 4 names being mentioned right now, though Pereira and Rangnick would be my first choices.<br /><br />Very impressed with how Kenwright has gone about this, everything done the right way, openly and honestly.