IGNORED

Weir to the Blades

Gwlad

Weren't they in the third division (tier) this season, although don't know if they got a promotion in the end.

Wishing Weir well at Bramall Lane for next season on todays news. I think he could do quite well there.

Interviewed for the (then) vacancy at Goodison Park a few weeks back, but although a decent individual and fine player, it was just as well the position went to someone else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

His head was too too big for his boots, he thought he was a world beater but he's finding his level now.

Personally, I'd blame Moyes if they weren't WC they didn't get a chance. Former team mate/coach has decided to build his first team round him, says more to me than a stubborn old fart not playing him.

Personally, I'd blame Moyes if they weren't WC they didn't get a chance. Former team mate/coach has decided to build his first team round him, says more to me than a stubborn old fart not playing him.

In League 1. How impressive. Don't think he was good enough. Baxter did get some time, and the manager sees his players everyday in training. He knows his players talent better than we do.

Edited by Quinn31

In League 1. How impressive. Don't think he was good enough. Baxter did get some time, and the manager sees his players everyday in training. He knows his players talent better than we do.

Like Barkley got some time? Moyes is a joke when it comes to youth, more so if they have flair.

Well that stubborn old fart obviously knew more than you ......

"He rejected a new contract from Everton and was released at the end of the 2011–12 season. After a trial at Crystal Palace in the 2012–13 preseason, he was deemed unfit and not offered a contract."

As i said, he's found his level now Pete.

Edited by Bill

Well that stubborn old fart obviously knew more than you ......

"He rejected a new contract from Everton and was released at the end of the 2011–12 season. After a trial at Crystal Palace in the 2012–13 preseason, he was deemed unfit and not offered a contract."

As i said, he's found his level now Pete.

I don't get what you're getting at, pretty sure it had nothing to do with fitness why he never got took on by Palace, even if it was, its understandable considering he never got a game because he was a flair player. How many kids made it under Moyes?

I don't get what you're getting at, pretty sure it had nothing to do with fitness why he never got took on by Palace, even if it was, its understandable considering he never got a game because he was a flair player. How many kids made it under Moyes?

How many kids were good enough under Moyes? Only a few slipped under the cracks and ended up as Premier League regulars (ex: John Ruddy). Pete, the reality is, only a small percentage of youngsters will turn out to be of Premiership quality.

Just the fact that he refused a contract, thinking he he would make it somewhere else, well now he might make it at Sheffield.

And Maybe it was because of the fitness issue that he was'nt played, and why Palace didnt take him on.

How many kids were good enough under Moyes? Only a few slipped under the cracks and ended up as Premier League regulars (ex: John Ruddy). Pete, the reality is, only a small percentage of youngsters will turn out to be of Premiership quality.

He's lucky keepers develop in their 20's, outfield players need to gain experience at a younger age.

Just the fact that he refused a contract, thinking he he would make it somewhere else, well now he might make it at Sheffield.

And Maybe it was because of the fitness issue that he was'nt played, and why Palace didnt take him on.

He was offered a contract so he must have been good enough for Everton, just not yet. He's spent 5 years in the reserves and dropped 2 divisions to get regular football (and I assume on lower wages), got to respect the lad for that.

• 1 month later...

Gutted for Davy, job and club as as good as it gets for first job but unfortunately they have a new owner who wants instant results. If they ant gonna give him time why appoint him in the first place? Where does he go from here? I'm sure Roberto will find a role for him if he wanted it or before moyes offers him a job

Gutted for Davy, job and club as as good as it gets for first job but unfortunately they have a new owner who wants instant results. If they ant gonna give him time why appoint him in the first place? Where does he go from here? I'm sure Roberto will find a role for him if he wanted it or before moyes offers him a job

Tbf he was appointed by the previous owners wasn't he?