IGNORED

Moyes takes Round with him to Man United

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23125505

David Moyes has brought three of his Everton backroom staff to Manchester United, including the appointment of Steve Round as assistant manager.

The new Old Trafford boss, who officially took charge on Monday, has also brought in goalkeeping coach Chris Woods and Jimmy Lumsden as coach.

Since Sir Alex Ferguson retired, his assistant manager Mike Phelan and goalkeeping coach Eric Steele left.

First-team coach Rene Meulensteen has also moved on.

:shaking fist:

It's makes sense for Moyes to take a team that he knows, but if I was Man Utd, I'd be a bit worried that the 'network' is now a bit limited. Lots of stodgy old UK coaches instead of a mix of that and some more enlightened coaches from other cultures. I wonder how the players will take it.

Jesus christ.... Steve Round assistant manager at Man Utd, just doesn't sound right. Not too bothered either. Apparently Utd fans are quite disappointed that he's brought Woods as a GK coach and got rid of Eric Steele. They felt that De Gea really improved under Steele and he also made the effort to learn Spanish to help De Gea. Interesting...

Must admit Moyes would be pissing me off if I was a man united fan. He's got rid of a coaching team that delivered a premier league title playing good football.

Im waiting for the "Phil Neville has been given a one year playing contract as emergency cover for the first team should it be required" statement

Must admit Moyes would be pissing me off if I was a man united fan. He's got rid of a coaching team that delivered a premier league title playing good football.

really? agree with the rest but, they didnt play good football for me. They won it playing averagely for me (plus Citeh werent up to scratch)

Edited by Matt

really? agree with the rest but, they didnt play good football for me. They won it playing averagely for me (plus Citeh werent up to scratch)

I think based on first 11 man united were the 3rd best team in the league. I think city and Chelsea should have finished higher. United played solid stuff and were clearly well drilled. I really don't see how Moyes could get rid of the coaches he has, ok bring round and woods in to supplement but to have a clear out is a bit wrong IMO.

I think based on first 11 man united were the 3rd best team in the league. I think city and Chelsea should have finished higher. United played solid stuff and were clearly well drilled. I really don't see how Moyes could get rid of the coaches he has, ok bring round and woods in to supplement but to have a clear out is a bit wrong IMO.

solid yes, thats not really good. Also, they were the only team to come from behind to win more than us, so on that basis theres not much wrong with what hes doing.

I would be approaching these guys that are being let go if I was Robbie.