IGNORED

Backroom staff now announced

Happy, from what I've heard, with these appointments. I actually think the goalkeeping coach will be an upgrade on Chris Woods. I mean Martyn aside how many good goalkeepers have we had since 1998? He's presided over a period that has included some of the worst goalkeepers to ever play for Everton. I'm not blaming him entirely of course but it's got to count for something.

Surely we are still down a first team coach despite these appointments?

Yeah, the official site was a bit sketchy about it. Three coaches down on last season.

David Moyes -> Roberto Martinez

Steve Round -> Graeme Jones

Chris Woods -> Inaki Bergara

Andy Holden -> ?

David Weir -> ?

Jimmy Lumsden -> ?

Robbie Cooke -> Kevin Reeves

Someone posted on twitter earlier that Everton announced their new Director of Communications two months before he starts the job and announce the staff, four days after they've started. Also, Andy Holden is still listed with the new staff on the staff profiles page (http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html?team=99998) despite being sacked on Monday and the new lot being announced today.

Yeah, the official site was a bit sketchy about it. Three coaches down on last season.

David Moyes -> Roberto Martinez

Steve Round -> Graeme Jones

Chris Woods -> Inaki Bergara

Andy Holden -> ?

David Weir -> ?

Jimmy Lumsden -> ?

Robbie Cooke -> Kevin Reeves

Someone posted on twitter earlier that Everton announced their new Director of Communications two months before he starts the job and announce the staff, four days after they've started. Also, Andy Holden is still listed with the new staff on the staff profiles page (http://www.evertonfc.com/match/everton-squad.html?team=99998) despite being sacked on Monday and the new lot being announced today.

Might get away with losing one. but 3 is quite a few, we can expect some more new staff then.

Edited by Simon

Happy, from what I've heard, with these appointments. I actually think the goalkeeping coach will be an upgrade on Chris Woods. I mean Martyn aside how many good goalkeepers have we had since 1998? He's presided over a period that has included some of the worst goalkeepers to ever play for Everton. I'm not blaming him entirely of course but it's got to count for something.

Can only take it you're too young to remember the likes of David Lawson, George Wood and Dai Davies. They were truly goalkeeping desperate times.

As for Richard Wright, who can ever forget, from those who saw it, the sight of that bastard clown on a rainy night in West London injuring himself in the pre-warm up at Stamford Bridge when he caught a ball and landed on a sign which said, because of the weather; "DO NOT PRACTICE IN THIS AREA"to then be carried off and miss the game! It wasn't long after that he fell out of his loft!

Richard Wright was actually a very good goalkeeper once upon a time (Ipswich), and the seven million pounds Arsenal paid for his services around 2001 seem like a steal in todays market. But Yes, it never really did work out for him here. Accident-prone individual.

Have to go with Mr Rubecula on this and say not that familiar with the new names in the initial post but we'll see how things go.

Can only take it you're too young to remember the likes of David Lawson, George Wood and Dai Davies. They were truly goalkeeping desperate times.

As for Richard Wright, who can ever forget, from those who saw it, the sight of that bastard clown on a rainy night in West London injuring himself in the pre-warm up at Stamford Bridge when he caught a ball and landed on a sign which said, because of the weather; "DO NOT PRACTICE IN THIS AREA"to then be carried off and miss the game! It wasn't long after that he fell out of his loft!

As he's been working with their youngsters, I wonder if he'll take a similar role with us and Stubbs will move up to first team coach? Stubbsy did well with the U21s last season so maybe he'll be rewarded with the step up to the first team, especially as he was a defender so you'd hope he can add those strengths to Martinez's backroom. Just a thought.