IGNORED

Rovers vs Everton

cn174

There is room for improvement, though. Robles has misjudged the ball a couple of times now. We were quite exposed a few minutes ago when Blackburn crossed from the left. Oveido, clearly under orders not to hoof the ball, passed straight to the Blackburn forward. Now's the time to learn from these mistakes. In particular, we will give away some goals because of no hoofing, but personally I'm pleased to see us pass our way up the field.

Sounds like we had a good run out, there. Will look forward to reading the write up.

Reading comments back on this and the last games it sounds like we might have something good in Oviedo, apart from giving the ball away sloppily in dangerous situations but he wasn't the only one.

Let's now see how the re-branded Everton do against Juve & co. That might give a better indication as to where this is heading.

The best thing for me is seeing how confident they all look, especially the younger ones. Barkley looked like he was ready to take on the world and if he cocked up he got straight back up and went again.

It took me the first 10 mins to workout was it the same Ross Barkley or a mutant twin, we won't need a midfield signing if he can produce that sort of form.

Well that was a hard game for you eh?! :wacko:

Think you were looking quite good today actually. Only when we brought on Rochina and some of the other subs did we look half threatening. Our central midfield is like a pub team - can only pass backward if we're lucky! Probably Rhodes' worst game for us today which doesn't help. We don't much look like a team whose season starts next Saturday.

Think you'll do alright though. Thought Barkley and Oviedo were your best players.

Re the attendance, Rovers have never ever had a big attendance for pre-season, not that I can remember anyway. Anyway, a nice photo of your support.

https://twitter.com/Northern_Rover/status/361149985431117824/photo/1

Not sure what else I can offer for us apart from at least we've got an away kit already :P

Not sure what else I can offer for us apart from at least we've got an away kit already :P

Nike obviously into the white band on the sleeve. What do they do if the team shirt is white?

Edit - in answer to my own question, see our away kit thread.

Edited by Cake

Missed the match, playing in a golf comp. it seems that my instincts seem correct at the moment regarding Martinez, style of play and the players who will flourish. I hope so.

Barkley will be pushing for an England spot after this season - for me what I seen in glimpses a good while ago told me that he is going to be a force if nurtured properly. Now this isn't a dig at Moyes, more an observation. Barkley would not become a great player under an authoritarian cautious manager - he will under "without fear" Roberto.

I'm glad Oviedo got time, another who I think suffered from his lack of defensive urgency versus attacking flair.

I honestly think this is our time blues.... It's not me wanting to be proven right because I wanted RM, I've always thought of him as a quality footballing man. Things are gonna be great at our club again, pride in the brand of football. Feeling good.