IGNORED

Capital One Cup

Fulham away, that'll be tricky but will be nice to have an open game as this one was a total bore-fest because of the piss poor Stevenage mentality.

I think its a great tie for us actually.

Away from home so Fulham will play with some intent. They arent water tight at the back to start with anyway, and if they are looking to get forward there will be holes everywhere. As long as we dont gift them any opportunities I can see us scoring a few.

Morecambe battered them tbf (going from Talksport or 5live, cant remember which I had on in the background).

Looks that way....and if they'd won I could understand.

Deflection and a last minute breakaway while Morcambe were pressing....Newcastle are back :lol:.

Really could have done without need of a journey to Fulham in the next round. Tonight would have left people with concerns, and as our record at Craven Cottage is abysmal in all competitions, with no win between 1966 and 2009, you got to fear the worst for what may be ahead. Our record in West London dictates it could be an early elimination from this competition. If at home, and they have an equally bad record in Liverpool against us, as we do at their venue, I would have been quietly confident, but you got to be apprehensive about this. Don't know any other scores from tonight with respective teams. Not interested.

Really could have done without need of a journey to Fulham in the next round. Tonight would have left people with concerns, and as our record at Craven Cottage is abysmal in all competitions, with no win between 1966 and 2009, you got to fear the worst for what may be ahead. Our record in West London dictates it could be an early elimination from this competition. If at home, and they have an equally bad record in Liverpool against us, as we do at their venue, I would have been quietly confident, but you got to be apprehensive about this. Don't know any other scores from tonight with respective teams. Not interested.

I'm slightly worried, but I'd be more worried if Fulham wouldn't have gone to penalties in their game.

It's just the fact Mr Roost, that this club has an atrocious record at Fulham going back far enough. We played them in the FA cup in 2004, and was drawn at home, and the game went to a replay, and we lost at Craven Cottage in the return. You could have maybe seen that coming.

We didn't play well tonight, could have been a real improvement or easier way to do things, and even if Fulham themselves had a little trouble in getting through tonight (I am not aware of the opposition they played), the fact of the matter is, when the time arises, you got to be apprehensive about what occur. Everton 99.9 per cent of the time, come away from Craven Cottage with little, or no change, and that's got to be a concern. (done before the most recent post) Didn't edit, not going to change.

2 questions

a. how much money does a team get if they win the cup?

b. how much money does a team get if they qualify for europa?

trying to see how much of a boon winning it is.

a. £100,000

b. €1.3m. €5m if you win it with additional payments for individual matches giving a max potential income of €8.6m (last years figures; doesn't include TV money).

money_zps182d52a5.jpg

thanks mike. so there is some financial incentive, but no where near the champs league. i get it now.

Closer than it used to be....went from 20% of the Champs League revenue two years ago to 26% last year. Don't know what it is this season.

Amazing that the prize for the winners of the league cup is just over two days wages for Gareth Bale :huh:.