IGNORED

This Qatar 2022 business

What they have is a preliminary report and don't want to publish it. The final report will be published.

Well that's alright then; good to see transparency :huh:.

If the preliminary report doesn't say what they want it to say they have plenty of time to come up with a decent cover story for the final one. Sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They had to come up with this result. There was too much money to pay back otherwise. This is Platini's opportunity. UEFA should declare that no UEFA clubs will participate in Qatar 2022. UEFA should break away from FIFA, most of world football would affiliate to UEFA and FIFA would be dead in the water, and good riddance.

It's pretty odd how nothing is being made of the FA's attempt to schmooze Jack Warner though; trying to find his son a part-time job and paying for a Caribbean delegates gala.

I think it's probably because we were so bad at it; we might have made a few phone calls and spent a few grand on a nice dinner but we got fuck all for it; because Warner and the rest were getting big time bungs from the Qataris (and maybe the Russians). Our schmoozing attempts were conference level; we relied instead on wheeling out Beckham and royalty and thought FIFA would be impressed. We never stood a chance.

I suspect you're right, it's not all bad though. Jagielka made his international debut in a game versus Trinidad and Tobago. ;)

Heidi Blake of the Sunday Times has just tweeted more "FIFA Files", the Sunday Times were given a collection of emails from a whistleblower. The ones to be published tomorrow are related to Mohammed Bin Hammam involvement in the Qatari World Cup bid. He had previously denied he was involved. At this point, I think people simply don't care and shrug their shoulders.

Someone who works for FIFA blogged about working there and his response when people ask how he can work at such a corrupt organisation.

http://aramblingstone.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/context-is-everything-ive-never-done.html

Guest blueboy122

To be fair I think the FA have done a bit of the old fashioned way of schmoozing, a fancy meal offering to get someone a job etc.

I don't think that's out right bribery, I suppose its more sweetening people up.

What the Qatar FA and Russian FA have done is out right bribed officials and its embarrassingly obvious.

An exact sum of money has been exchanged for a good/service (World cup tournament).

• 4 weeks later...

Priceless, it seems only those involved at the time of the corruption will be eligible to vote on whether it happened...

"The vote will be held at a meeting in Marrakesh, Morocco, but it is unclear how many members will be allowed to take part.

The Fifa committee consisted of 22 members in December 2010 and president Sepp Blatter has previously said only those people should be able to vote on whether to issue a more comprehensive corruption report.

However, of those original 22, only 13 are still on the committee. It means that 12 members of Fifa's committee (which now consists of 25 people), as well as a further two co-opted members, would not be eligible to vote."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30541248

I would be so happy if UEFA boycotted these if they're allowed to go ahead. FIFA are like kids caught with their hands in the cookie jar who think if they shout loud enough that they didn't do it people will believe them.

Now he's resigned can Garcia not now just publish the full report himself? Or at least "accidentally" leave a copy of it in the back of a taxi :).

I agree on this idea as I was saying the exact same thing to the lads in work.

General consensus is he signed a legal document to say it is the property of FIFA ... No idea if it is true or not.

• 2 months later...