IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away)

Guest blueboy122

Didn't sound like we were a the races today. Unless we make changes we a gonna struggle in the derby. Ossie has to be benched and I've been so dissapointed with baines lately. I know there's gonna be people jumping to conclusions but we are in a decent position and not losing games. We are still coming to terms with the change of style but a derby win puts us right up there

We played too slowly, against teams that crap we should be zipping it forward, if we scored early on their heads would have gone but the longer we faffed around with it they got more relaxed.

The only way you could ever start delafeu is in osmans position. He is a liability on the wing, never ever tracks back. Liverpool would have a field day.

I think even Haf would be hard pushed to take any positives from that today

We were lucky to get away with a point and our defensive frailties were there again for all to see. We are gifting sides far too many clear cut chances and so far this season we have been quite lucky to get away with it. But a look at the next 4 fixtures is quite a scary proposition and we need to improve big time or we are really going to get found out

Its alright having all the possession but we need to do something with it and we don't seem to have a plan B at the moment, its always like for like substitutions. In fact I am fairly confident that I can predict that whoever we play in 4 months from now at around the hour mark Delofeou will come on for Mirallas and Barkley will come on for Osman

Really worried about the upcoming fixtures. Maybe sides attacking us will play into our hands and it will give us more space to exploit , but the thought of us presenting the likes od Suarez, Van Persie and Giroud the type of gift wrapped chances we have been presenting sides with lately isn't filling me full of confidence

Well we finally managed a complete performance. Hurrah! It just so happened to be a complete performance of absolute shite :dry::huh: .

There was one positive of the game; we kept the ball well. Other than that we were hopeless and never looked like winning the game. We were far too slow in possession. When a team is well organised like Palace were you've got to move the ball quicker, stretch them to create an opening. What did we do? We played at walking pace, players in front of the ball failed to get themselves into a position to receive the ball in good areas. There was no tempo, no urgency, no creativity. It was pathetic and very disheartening. We couldn't go through the middle of them because we had no spark there at all, so we invariably looked to the wings but when we did manage to get ourselves in good positions every single time the final ball was shite. Palace should feel very unfortunate that they didn't take the three points because they had the better chances and we had half chances at best.

We play like that against the shite and they'll destroy us. Because, if there's one thing they do well it's attack with speed and power. They'll overwhelm us when we have the ball if we play that slowly, and then they'll flood towards our goal time after time.

Howard - Didn't have a lot to do but is responsible for us nicking a point. My MOTM.

Coleman - Not as bad defensively as he has been lately. Going forward though... our attacks just died with him today. All momentum was lost as soon as he gets the ball. Often there was a pass he could make straight away to keep us going forward but instead he'd take another touch and the opportunity was gone. When he did manage to get something going his delivery was awful.

Jagielka - Other than his distribution being of it's usual standard I thought he had a decent game. Certainly our best defender.

Distin - He looked uncomfortable to me and was flustered too often.

Baines - Terrible game all round. Shit defensively and is lucky not to be responsible for us conceding and he was terrible attacking as well - his deliveries were incredibly poor.

Mirallas - Better than against Spurs in that he really put the effort in but his passing was so substandard that it just ruined all his hard work.

McCarthy - Meh! I don't know whether the fact he was a booking away from a ban influenced things but he really did seem to be playing within himself and trying to keep out of the firing line. So when we needed him to help move things a long it was hard for him to step things up all of a sudden.

Barry - Apart from a couple of misplaced passes (which is unusual for him) I thought he generally had a solid game. He was always available to take the ball from the defence and he broke up play well.

Pienaar - As Steve has pointed out in another thread; he was the only one of our players who was any good at making space for himself. And first half I thought he was probably our best player. But second half he was invisible for the most part.

Osman - I don't think he had a bad game and he really did try, but, once again, he failed to make much of an impact on the game. I can't pick out anything he did wrong but I also can't think of anything he did at all really. It was a nothing performance.

Lukaku - Did he have a shot at goal? If he did it was nothing memorable. He really struggled to get into the game. Granted, that was entirely his fault. But his control often let him down and his passing was very sketchy.