IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away)

Guest blueboy122

This game just brought me back to earth and reminded me I'm still watching Everton.

Try being a Palace fan!

Baines was poor for you today, he was the player I feared the most as his crossing is usually sublime and with that beast up front................ and us with a keeper who seems to have had his boots stiched to the goaline, but we should have taken all 3 points, thats ben our problem all season we cant score, our 1st clean sheet this season is also pleasing, Im glad you didnt play well today, its given me hope all is not lost quite yet, looking forward to coming to Goodison a proper ground, I thought Jedinak bossed the middle, hes so good at breaking up play, he get in where it hurts

Edited by Londoner

This is the first I've seen of todays result and it was a 0 - 0 no score draw. Read a report on another page and it seems it was a rather poor affair, and not much improvement on the Spurs game. Had chances, but didn't really look like scoring and the CPFC defense did their duty today. I don't know what else to say on this issue really, but at least it's still only one league defeat for the season so far isn't it ? In actual fact, I can't think on all fronts right now. Disappointing result on an awful fucking day. I may tune in to highlights later to take mind of things, I don't care if it was a disappointing game with no score, at least be something to watch.

We have no edge. No plan B, almost. Save Delofeu & Barkley each week until Mirallas & Osman run out of steam isn't the answer. Not far off like watching football by numbers and that's just plain boring. Tippy tappy nonsense this week, unable to break a team down who did to us what we've done to many in the past. Long ball tedium last week, in the main.

Pfft! Disappointing.

I saw the highlights and they were more pleased with the result than we could ever hope to be. I thought before time, this could prove an awkward trip, and while not a defeat as previously envisaged, they at least remained unbeaten, and with it, we could not win either.

I viewed the games after this and it doesn't make things any better. Liverpool (home or away it's always awkward) Manchester United and Arsenal away and at trip to Swansea will all prove awkward, although there a few winnable games in there along the way.

Reading through some of the above replies, it seems at times we haven't moved on much from Moyes when many thought there could be a fresh approach, but to be fair, it's been decent thus far, despite one or two frustrations. But it's far too early in the season to be making proper judgments.

Just seen the game.......WTF?

It must be almost impossible to have so much possession and come away with our tails between our collective legs. We lacked vision, commitment, honesty and any wish to win that game.

We were great until we got to their penalty box, then we completely ran out of ideas (if indeed we ever had any to start with). Osman was pretty crap generally, but at least he wanted to have a go. The service to Lukaku just was not there, midfield was too busy pissing around trying to look good on the ball, but missing the whole point of the game.....to score more goals than the opposition.

Midfield are not direct enough and they don't play the easy ball. Peinaar and Barkley are the worst offenders....looking to beat a man or two before laying it off, although to be fair nobody in the team gives the ball-carrier options and often P&B have to take on players just to progress.

Palace had more going forward than we did and at least had a couple of good shots....as well as a few shit ones too......but they were looking to score, And once they saw that we were not really that interested they gave it a good go.

We were lucky to come away with a point. Leave it at that and move on!

Why is there a two week wait for the next domestic game. If it's more pointless international games I don't want to know. From reading through the above and the brief highlights of yesterday, it seems the only problems we had was the finishing in front of goal. Had the lions share of possession although the opposition did threaten every now and again and the venue itself was going to be awkward. It's not the worse result on paper, other teams will take away less than we did at Selhurst Park yesterday, but there again seemed room for improvement, but as before, the season still has a long way to run.

Why what happened that article doesn't give us any information on the incident?

But it implies there was an incident with one individual....

“I know my English is not perfect but I found it funny how people try to twist my words.

“And for the record I was speaking to one single person and he knows who he is as I spoke to him face to face.”

Guest blueboy122

But it implies there was an incident with one individual....

“I know my English is not perfect but I found it funny how people try to twist my words.

“And for the record I was speaking to one single person and he knows who he is as I spoke to him face to face.”

Implies there was a disagreement of some sort but no detail.

Distin could have been an absolute arsehole to someone, we don't know.

Implies there was a disagreement of some sort but no detail.

Distin could have been an absolute arsehole to someone, we don't know.

True, without being there it's impossible to tell....I was just pointing out to Zoo that (if any fan was out of order) it was just the one.

Great weekend except of the football match I went to.

Couple of things. There ARE some right wankers among our away support. People slagging Baines for a poor free kick for example. Stay at home you t****.

My thoughts. A truly woeful performance completely lacking in invention. Utterly ineffective in the the attacking third and we only got a point because Jerome Thomas shanked his chip and the lead singer from JLS has a head like three pence piece.

Palace are fucking brutal btw - and nearly beat us. Their fans started singing in injury time but of course Match of the Day painted them out to be loud and enthusiastic the whole way through.

Second absolutely dreadful performance from Mirallas in a row. Spinning Jenny with no end product. Start with a trap eh Kevin and then maybe a pass to a team-mate. Which brings me to Lukaku. My first live experience of this dude. Touch like a blacksmith. Totally off it on this occasion I am afraid. Another one who needs to go back to basics. Nothing delivered of note from either Coleman or Baines - but I didn't feel the need to scream at either of them.

We just went sideways all afternoon and then looked frightened the rare time Palace attacked. Bad day at the office time ten.

Every football club has fans who are ar$eholes. I try to go to Goodison as many times as I can in a season and most of the time everyone is spot on but once sat in front of a person and all I was hearing the whole game was borderline racial abuse. Every club has some but 98% of Everton supporters are spot on. Obviously Distin didn't like something someone said to him.

Any way about the game...

We were lucky not to get beat by Palace. It was Palaces best performance of the season so far and if they had a striker who could hit the target then we could have been 2-0 down at half time. Chamakh is a waste of time by the way. I used to rate him but now I think he is absolute garbage, would be an okay championship striker I think but not premier league material anyway.

Everton had the possession but we didn't do anything with it. It was one of those games where we had possession but couldn't create anything.

Palace did well on the counter and I tell you what if we defend like we did against Palace versus Liverpool we will be lucky not to lose heavily. Poor performance all around but a point all the same. Bring on Liverpool after the international break...

The most frustrating thing about watching our play (something I thought we had finally gotten over this season) is that nobody fucking moves without the ball (the exception being our wings, especially down low, where we seem to enjoy kicking it around in the corner). We can pass sideways all day and have all of the ball, but we aren't doing anything meaningful with it.

I'm beginning to wonder if, when Jags pings a ball out of their end, he's actually just doing it out of frustration for nobody moving ahead of him.

Try being a Palace fan!

Baines was poor for you today, he was the player I feared the most as his crossing is usually sublime and with that beast up front................ and us with a keeper who seems to have had his boots stiched to the goaline, but we should have taken all 3 points, thats ben our problem all season we cant score, our 1st clean sheet this season is also pleasing, Im glad you didnt play well today, its given me hope all is not lost quite yet, looking forward to coming to Goodison a proper ground, I thought Jedinak bossed the middle, hes so good at breaking up play, he get in where it hurts

I thought you were excellently organised and you played much better than the likes of Newcastle and Fulham did against us. Jedinak was brilliant. The only midfielder who took the game by the scruff of the neck.

I think this weekend has put this Premier League season into context. Anyone really can beat anyone and the organised sides like Soton, West Brom etc will get points that their team sheet doesn't necessarily deserve. The teams that work the hardest will outperform their rivals and that is why he didn't deserve anything from the weekends game and why we wouldn't have deserved anything from the first half at Spurs. When we put in the effort we are more than a match for any team in the league and that showed in the 2nd half at Spurs where we bossed them but as soon as we drop those standards and switch off we will get found out. Its games like that where Martinez should be showing how he has improved Everton but quite frankly, we would have created more under Moyes. We wouldn't have controlled the game as well and we probably would have conceded more chances (albeit maybe not as clear cut) but we would have least offered more in the final third which feels like a bizarre thing to say!

We lacked movement, we lacked energy and we lacked cohesion. When our midfield 3 actually moved (especially when Barkley came deep, Barry made himself available and McCarthy pushed forward) we showed a level of incision that we hadn't shown for most of the game. Our best passages of play came when this happened and we didn't just allow ourselves to be marked out of the game. A couple of times we were only small/better touches away from putting someone through on goal and the one time we did Deulofeu didn't put his laces through it.

On the Mirallas issue, I am pretty sure I read over the weekend that he is actually our leading assist and chance creator. I'm not saying that it excuses him from being below par for the rest of the game but it does show that he is bringing something that a lot of players aren't. We want and need to see much more from him but he isn't a complete waste of space as some people are trying to say. He would still be the first winger on my team sheet.

I really don't see a clean sheet against a team who have scored 6 goals in 11 games a big positive to be honest... not when they should have had a couple.

Cliches are all and well when trying to play down a good win and remaining grounded, but when the team were flat as they were then i'm afraid a point against a very poor but dogged side ain't good enough.

I do think it was a bad time to play Palace, however I've said that about Norwich, Cardiff and WBA. Got to be punishing these teams and getting early goals.