IGNORED

Crystal Palace (Away)

Guest blueboy122

Guest blueboy122

With the disappointing but good result against the Spurs on Sunday, I think its now imperative to win this match away down in London.

This again will be another difficult game as they all are in this league, however with Palace struggling this season I feel they will adopt a "dogs of war" attitude and will fight and scrap for everything so this will be by no means of an easy game even though they have looked poor recently.

Was the last time we played down there when Thomas Gravasen scored that pearler and we finished fourth that year?

Many members have stated they would like to rest McCarthy for this match in other threads, however I am not so sure as I don't like the thought of Osman in a battle of any sort. Might be to much of physical contest for Osman to play in and could simply get over powered.

Difficult one to call and another chance for Roberto to show how l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ good he is with how the team will shape up.

Be a tight one as usual..

0-1 Jags header

Edited by blueboy122

With the disappointing but good result against the Spurs on Sunday, I think its now imperative to win this match away down in London.

This again will be another difficult game as they all are in this league, however with Palace struggling this season I feel they will adopt a "dogs of war" attitude and will fight and scrap for everything so this will be by no means of an easy game even though they have looked poor recently.

Was the last time we played down there when Thomas Gravasen scored that pearler and we finished fourth that year?

Many members have stated they would like to rest McCarthy for this match in other threads, however I am not so sure as I don't like the thought of Osman in a battle of any sort. Might be to much of physical contest for Osman to play in and could simply get over powered.

Difficult one to call and another chance for Roberto to show how l̶u̶c̶k̶y̶ good he is with how the team will shape up.

Be a tight one as usual..

0-1 Jags header

I don't think we should rest McCarthy and I don't think we will. Resting your best players because you think it's an "easy" match is dangerous in the extreme; tells our players that it's an easy win and winds up the opposition. Priority is to win the game and worry about the next one after, we don't get any extra points for beating Liverpool.

This could be a high-scoring game, because Palace are not going to sit back. They will go for it, and it makes them a dangerous team. They may be near the bottom, but remember that they've lost a number of close games, including one against ManU. What have they got to lose by continuing Ian Holloway's approach and playing attacking football? IMO, we should not play a weakened team by dropping McCarthy. It might rest him, but it will pull a necessary cog from the machine we've been building. Play him, but pull him out in the second half, maybe.

If we are going to make changes, I'd like to see Deulofeu start in place of Mirallas, Stones in place of Coleman, and Naismith in place of Osman. Mirallas, in particular, has been dreadful and needs a break.

Underestimate Palace and we'll lose, they gave Arsenal a run for their money and look how good they've started. Palace are shit, but all teams in the Premier League can nick one or even three points. If we dick around with the team then it'll be a draw (or a defeat) however if we play our first team it'll be a convincing win.

Underestimate Palace and we'll lose, they gave Arsenal a run for their money and look how good they've started. Palace are shit, but all teams in the Premier League can nick one or even three points. If we dick around with the team then it'll be a draw (or a defeat) however if we play our first team it'll be a convincing win.

you mustve watched a different game. They defended very, very well, but were pinned in their own half most of the game which is how Id like us to approach the game.

Under moyes I'd expect a 1-1 but I think Roberto will expect three points. Wouldn't mind Ossie on bench for Ross and Gerry for peanuts but think Roberto likes the fact that peanuts can slow the game down. For me put kev on left gerry on right with Ross in centre. Good young vibrant team. 1-3 . Ross with 2 and lukaku

This will be the first game at Selhurst Park in nine years and that (time) saw a 3 - 1 win in our favor, but can't see a repeat this time around. They have the potential to cause problems and a journey to South London won't be entirely straight forward. They're no pushovers, and can see an actual 'upset' here, or at least, a result that many neutral observers may find with, an element of surprise.

Going to this gig and looking forward to it. First game this season. Into Gatters on Friday tea time and back to the mother land on Sunday.

We have to be winning this game Shirley?

Ok so I got the bit about you flying into London to see a concert, and I see you may take in the game while you are there. But who is Shirley?

Guest blueboy122

Ok so I got the bit about you flying into London to see a concert, and I see you may take in the game while you are there. But who is Shirley?

He's going the match flying into Gatwick on Friday evening and coming back home Sunday

i can only see one winner here.

Let's hope the team don't think the same !

Sure we will win it if we want it more, get a bit of luck and the ref does ok.

If the above three things don't apply and we play like we did 1st half against Spurs, then Palace have a decent chance.

Would like to see Deulofeu get a start, I thinks it's time, he certainly deserves a shot.

Our team announcements seem to be getting later and later; used to be an hour before KO, now it's more like fifty minutes :shaking fist:.

Anyway, unchanged...

Howard, Coleman, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Osman, Barry, McCarthy, Pienaar, Mirallas, Lukaku

Subs: Joel, Heitinga, Jelavic, Deulofeu, Naismith, Barkley, Stones.