IGNORED

Joe Ledley

Update Today ..............

Top Story

Everton try for £5million Championship winger?

04:30 PM 09 June, 2009

Joe Ledley is attracting interest from Everton Football Club, according to reports.

Stoke City were close to signing Ledley, 22, last summer, but reports now suggest David Moyes is the favourite to take the player to Goodison Park in a £5million transfer.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest efctaxi
5 million seems a bit steep as its the last year of his contract! A lad at work is a Cardiff fan and hes always raving about Ledley, just hope hes as good as he makes out.

It does seem a bit steep , but let's face it , if we don't buy him , someone else will .

It's time Everton stopped humming and Harring about a few quid and closed a deal , rather than losing out all the time .

It does seem a bit steep , but let's face it , if we don't buy him , someone else will .

It's time Everton stopped humming and Harring about a few quid and closed a deal , rather than losing out all the time .

You can't pay what you don't have and at Everton we don't have much :( .

• 5 weeks later...

do u think moyes is holding out til later in the transfer window for ledley as if he doesn't sign a contract cardiff may get desperate before the august deadline and drop their £6 million asking price. we definitely need left sided cover, just look at the coventry game fellaini playing left mid your havin a laugh!

also wot if baines gets injured, no left side at all!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As a cardiff fan, I can safely say this would be the wrong move. Cardiff are in the play off final on saturday and if we qualify for the premier league we'll be sitting on almost £100 million plus we have new investment in the club and a new stadium. Ledley hasn't really shone and peaked a couple seasons back. He has stagnated at Cardiff but either way they will want to keep him. If a club comes in for him I hope it isn't Everton because although Moyes might be able to get the best from him he would be a squad player at best and wouldn't strengthen the team or create competition for places. Plus if cardiff qualify they won't need to sell so they will look for bigger bids and more lucrative deals than £5, they will bring players in first before they sell because they won't need to.

can't see this move happening anyway but thought I'd chip in.

i'm gonna be the nobhead and point out that i will payer the £5 you mentioned for him :lol:

i dont get how it works the tribunal because if he is out of contract whatever age he is surely he is then technically unemployed or a free agent in footballing terms? dont get why any comp has to be paid

i'm gonna be the nobhead and point out that i will payer the £5 you mentioned for him :lol:

i dont get how it works the tribunal because if he is out of contract whatever age he is surely he is then technically unemployed or a free agent in footballing terms? dont get why any comp has to be paid

Because he's under the age of 24 and came through their academy I think.

• 2 weeks later...