IGNORED

Everton A Loan Haven

Romey 1878

Was just about to post this.

Mixed feelings about it personally. Its great that we can attract players of Lukaku's and Gerard's calibre but i'd much prefer if we were able to this on our own terms and long term. All's we are really doing is help nurture and develop other teams players, when we should be doing that with our own.

Mixed feelings about it personally. Its great that we can attract players of Lukaku's and Gerard's calibre but i'd much prefer if we were able to this on our own terms and long term. All's we are really doing is help nurture and develop other teams players, when we should be doing that with our own.

We're doing both so I don't have a problem with it. If bringing in these players was hindering the progress of our own youngsters then I'd be against it, but it's not.

Martinez:

"Put yourself as a director of football. You spend £20m on a youngster but there is no place for him in your team yet. Where are you going to send him? You aren't going to send him somewhere that he is not going to develop or be at a club with a different style. That's a danger. You are not bothered about making the team, you are sending him to get stronger."

Ok so which youngsters in Europe are worth around 20 mil but are not getting played by their clubs? Which players have been offered to us? Who would you take?

Some suggestions that might fit the above:

Paul Pogba

Ishak Belfodil

Mauro Icardi

Cristian Tello

Martin Montoya

Wilfred Zaha

Alvaro Vadillo

Alvaro Morata

Xherdan Shaqiri

(probably plenty more out there but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.)

At this moment loaning should be seen as a means to an end... in other words lets get some great talent from these rich clubs if it enables us to:-

• Make headlines and be known as an attractive club to play for - attracting buyers.
  • Qualify for champions league

Either one of those scenarios will see us generate the sort of money to not have to be like the kid at school that has to borrow the rich kids back up footy boots.

It's not very nice having the mickey taken out of us, but lets just see ourselves as the poor kid with no footy boots but great footballing talent, lets borrow the posh kids boots - run rings round him in the trial and go on to earn loads of money.

I'm wondering what teams are offering us their young talent??? Real, Barca, PSG, Ajax??? I think Ten's mental database could be in overdrive...

Gotta be careful, we may turn into the "Red Cafe" - rumourama will be full of a list of all the players listed as wonder kid on the FM 2014 database.

Seriously though, you seen those clowns on that forum? apparently Uniteds DNA will change Moyes, Everton will zoom straight down the table when Lukaku leaves (as if Martinez hasn't got plans in place for that), Martinez got Wigan playing well for 3 months so thats whats happening here.

Pure wishful thinking from a bunch of spoilt brats who have just realised the real world is a tough old place.

From a selfish point of view, i'd like us to take more promising youngsters on, eve if they are loan deals.

To sit there one day and think, "we helped that (now) World Class Player to the top of his game", "remember when we had Messi?"...

Wouldn't bother me, as long as their attitude was right and their character wasn't poisonous.

i think they're funny..any utd fan of my generation knows no different so it's funny to watch them react like they are..the local is all of a sudden very quiet during utd matches...it's brilliant

They have to be the most pathetic fans i've known - no different to the Chelsea fans in many ways... just so spoilt and so insular.

"oooh he's good that player i've never bothered to watch till Alan Hansen said he's good, lets get him"

Can't stand the majority of them, there are some decent hard core who appreciate what they had because they seen the 70's and 80's...but overall can't stand them

whenever they lose they're like rats off the titanic...my koppite mate holds the door open for them :lol:

The RS always leave my local straight after a game - no matter the result. Evertonians get a few more in and discuss it!

I judge the size of the club as the amount of support in bad times versus good... lets see how big united really are.

Edited by Hafnia

Isnt Shaqiri getting game time anymore ? We get a lot of coverage of him here. Decent player, would take him in a hearbeat!

exactly 288 minutes so far spread across 7 appearances. (16 matches played)

Thats 288 minutes out of a possible 1440 (plus extra time) is not exactly being used a lot. (20%)

exactly 288 minutes so far spread across 7 appearances. (16 matches played)

Thats 288 minutes out of a possible 1440 (plus extra time) is not exactly being used a lot. (20%)

Cheers Pete. Not had time for much footy over the last couple of weeks (even missed parts of our games :o )

Non-issue for me. We have three impact players here on loan (I'll call Gerard an impact player because he is/was an effective supersub). People are talking about us like we're Watford, w/8-12 players on loan from Udinese/Granada and a few others. The truth of the matter is that our squad is still small, and probably will remain small, and that barring major investment, we will still have limited transfer funds, so these loans don't bother me. Where would we be w/o Barry, Lukaku, and Gerard this season?

If Roberto is the master of the loan system, who cares? We have a manager who knows how to get talent on the cheap in a risk free scenario. We take on some guys if they work out, great we get champs league or a cup, if not, then they go back to their club and we're not stuck with the wage bill.

next year i'm sure well sign some new players, but i hope he'll still get a couple loans in because it's just brilliant. Other managers are mad because he had the stones to call Chelsea and ask if they didn't need a striker. The other gaffers were probably too scared.

Goal: Achieve CL football.

Limitations: Low budget.

Need: Young, talented players.

Solution: Loan exciting talent before they become starters at other CL clubs.

Result: Generate significant new income from CL play.

Next step: Invest that new income to retain CL spot.

Long-term goal: Win the CL.

We have a strategy. We have identified milestones. We are out to achieve the first milestone: CL football.

Martinez:

"Put yourself as a director of football. You spend £20m on a youngster but there is no place for him in your team yet. Where are you going to send him? You aren't going to send him somewhere that he is not going to develop or be at a club with a different style. That's a danger. You are not bothered about making the team, you are sending him to get stronger."

Ok so which youngsters in Europe are worth around 20 mil but are not getting played by their clubs? Which players have been offered to us? Who would you take?

Paul Pogba

Ishak Belfodil

Mauro Icardi

Cristian Tello

Martin Montoya

Wilfred Zaha

Alvaro Vadillo

Alvaro Morata

Xherdan Shaqiri

(probably plenty more out there but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.)

As a Barcelona fan, I don't think we will loan Cristian Tello or Martin Montoya next year. It's true that Cristian Tello isn't playing a lot, but if he goes we will sell him because we need money to pay Messi, Xavi,...etc. We can't loan all the time. Martin Montoya is playing a lot, he is the Daniel Alves sub, so no chance to get him on loan.
Barcelona fans are generally pleased about what Everton is doing with Gerard Deulofeu. He is learning a lot to return next year more mature. So maybe next year we will send you more players. The more realistic targets will be Dongou or Adama Traoré.
I show you some videos
Dongou
Adama Traoré
Edited by Alfarosi

Martinez:

Paul Pogba

Ishak Belfodil

Mauro Icardi

Cristian Tello

Martin Montoya

Wilfred Zaha

Alvaro Vadillo

Alvaro Morata

Xherdan Shaqiri

I once loaned Shaqiri to Everton on FIFA, he's quite the player. If we got Pogba, I'd shit myself. Zaha? He could do well here, but I can almost guarantee Moyes wouldn't loan Everton a player while we are higher than Man U in the table.

Gotta be careful, we may turn into the "Red Cafe" - rumourama will be full of a list of all the players listed as wonder kid on the FM 2014 database.

Seriously though, you seen those clowns on that forum? apparently Uniteds DNA will change Moyes, Everton will zoom straight down the table when Lukaku leaves (as if Martinez hasn't got plans in place for that), Martinez got Wigan playing well for 3 months so thats whats happening here.

Pure wishful thinking from a bunch of spoilt brats who have just realised the real world is a tough old place.

Redcafe is full of clueless cunts - the vast majority of them should be banned from watching football. I've been lurking the place for years just to laugh at their lack of knowledge. Their Welbeck thread is the most deluded thing I have ever read in regards to football - anyone who doesn't think he's a future world-class player is mocked, and every time he has one of his five good games of the season they mock anyone who ever doubted him. Generally the people who do this are the type who attack others for 'knee jerk opinions' in other threads...

The funny thing is that I've seen about three threads in the past few years where they've congratulated themselves on being 'the best football forum on the internet'. You hate to pity the troglodytes.

In fairness, their views on politics and religion are very left-wing, and therefore appeal to me. But they should get rid of the footballing sections. it's the sort of place where the intelligent posters are such a minority that they are treated like the imbeciles. True Man United fans find the place a complete embarrassment.

My favourite thing on there is that they genuinely believe everyone is jealous of them, they don't realise that they're hated because of their generally scummy fanbase. They call everyone else bitter - this from a forum who had a 20 odd page thread about Barca being a 'disgusting football team' - presumably because the Catalans embarrassed their shite club in front of the entire planet...twice. They're the most bitter fans ever - they cannot stand it when someone else has more success than they do.

As for the loans - it's funny that it's only become such an issue now that Moyes's replacement is doing well and playing better football than Man United themselves. if you were rock bottom they wouldn't say a word. Scum.

Edited by Nikica

Get into European football and we'll start having the funds to do so. I gather that this is Roberto's plan. Patch together whatever he can to get as high of a position as possible for the next two years. Then start really building from the money we hopefully get from finishing higher in the standings, getting on TV a bit more, and perhaps even CL.