IGNORED

Sunderland

markjazzbassist

penalty was a 50/50 but with the red card i have my doubts about - the red killed us not the penalty

never would a Liverpool or United goalie get a red for something similar -

what would have happened with the same tackle outside the box ? straight red? i doubt it

If the player who made it was the last man and denied a clear opportunity it'd be red every time, in the box or out, whoever they played for.

I completely understand the frustration with Ki buying the penalty and the red when he could/should have scored cleanly but that's just the way the game is today. Time was when players jumped over those challenges because they wanted to put the ball in the net.

penalty was a 50/50 but with the red card i have my doubts about - the red killed us not the penalty

never would a Liverpool or United goalie get a red for something similar -

what would have happened with the same tackle outside the box ? straight red? i doubt it

shit like that is why we get called bitter...you're better than that man

If the player who made it was the last man and denied a clear opportunity it'd be red every time, in the box or out, whoever they played for.

I completely understand the frustration with Ki buying the penalty and the red when he could/should have scored cleanly but that's just the way the game is today. Time was when players jumped over those challenges because they wanted to put the ball in the net.

If he actually took the decision to go to ground then that was the cleverest thing he could do. Likely they'd score the penalty and play against 10 for the remainder of the match. You do feel that it's double whammy though a goal and a red card however the other alternative could be a yellow and a missed pen and if that was the other way round we'd be furious. It was the only way Sunderland were ever going to win that game. Worse still for us is losing Tim to suspension which is a bit hard to swallow.

what about Everton this season? - bossing most games but not even 1 penalty to show for it - but rather 5 against us -

United no penalty against them in 1 and a half seasons - really? that while being outplayed this season on a number of occasions -

look at Tottenham - not a single penalty for them last season while Chelsea got 11 - this does not make sense -

Everton amongst others are not getting a fair deal - the numbers tell a different story

Never got a chance to comment on this, but a real shame to lose the unbeaten home record so late in the calendar year to oppositon such as that. No disrespect to them,and say it quietly around here- but if a team as poor as aston villa can beat sunderland, as they did today, it just puts the outcome that day in to brighter focus.

Results like these will occur, it,s a league where anyone can overcome anyone, but unfortunately that day we were on the recieving end. Embarrassing, disappointing, frustrating, it was all those things, not to mention, a surprise of epic proportions. But it,s no good crying over spilt milk. Still remain in a very good position to challenge.

numbers sinking the strong team argument is that Aston Villa and Newcastle is at the top this season with 3 penalties each -

last season WESTBROM and FULHAM got the 2nd and 3rd most penalties -

so maybe you should find another reason

And yesterday our penalty came after a period of intense pressure.

Most teams will be able to muster up a period of intense pressure in every game. Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City etc just do it more often.

This wasn't so different from what Ki did was it? Small margins (from the Mail, sorry)....

"Oscar was faced with a choice on Wednesday: round the Southampton goalkeeper and score a virtuoso goal or dive and try to win a penalty.

Incredibly, the Brazilian let out a shriek and launched himself into the south coast’s rainy skies. It was a shameful, perplexing act that was punished with a yellow card by referee Martin Atkinson.

Even then, it didn’t feel like justice had been done. The game has had a gutful of this type of behaviour because Oscar, who went on to make two goals and score one in Chelsea’s 3-0 win, is hardly alone."

This wasn't so different from what Ki did was it? Small margins (from the Mail, sorry)....

"Oscar was faced with a choice on Wednesday: round the Southampton goalkeeper and score a virtuoso goal or dive and try to win a penalty.

Incredibly, the Brazilian let out a shriek and launched himself into the south coasts rainy skies. It was a shameful, perplexing act that was punished with a yellow card by referee Martin Atkinson.

Even then, it didnt feel like justice had been done. The game has had a gutful of this type of behaviour because Oscar, who went on to make two goals and score one in Chelseas 3-0 win, is hardly alone."

Until they sort out this double punishment nonsense an outfield player will sooner have a goalie sent off and get a penalty opposed to just having a goal. I seen Oscars the other night and it was horrible cheating at it's worst. Edited by Hafnia

Until they sort out this double punishment nonsense an outfield player will sooner have a goalie sent off and get a penalty opposed to just having a goal. I seen Oscars the other night and it was horrible cheating at it's worst.

I agree.....and I don't think Ki's was quite as bad because he had slightly more justification in going down due to Tim's body position....but ultimately it was the same thing.