IGNORED

Strikers

Finn balor

Obviously strikers is where are money will be going in the summer. Who do we want? Should our money go on lukaku? Will we get traore on loan again? Obviously it depends on cost but should we be going for a mixture of target men or a mixture of a nippy forward that plays off the shoulder and works the channels?

I really rate Rodriguez at Southampton but I think you are looking at £15 million plus so I can't see that happening. I would love us to go for Danny Ings at burnley only 21 I think but looks to have it all. I think we need to gamble on a hungry fresh player that wants to succeed. If burnley don't go up the jelly money should cover it. As for another I'd love to have a cheeky number ten like di canio used to be. Someone who has got arrogance and knows where the goal is and create a goal out of nothing

Obviously strikers is where are money will be going in the summer. Who do we want? Should our money go on lukaku? Will we get traore on loan again? Obviously it depends on cost but should we be going for a mixture of target men or a mixture of a nippy forward that plays off the shoulder and works the channels?

I really rate Rodriguez at Southampton but I think you are looking at £15 million plus so I can't see that happening. I would love us to go for Danny Ings at burnley only 21 I think but looks to have it all. I think we need to gamble on a hungry fresh player that wants to succeed. If burnley don't go up the jelly money should cover it. As for another I'd love to have a cheeky number ten like di canio used to be. Someone who has got arrogance and knows where the goal is and create a goal out of nothing

Can't justify the pricetag that Lukaku would command, nor do I think we have the money. At his best, he is a 25m player. Unfortunately, he's been incredibly inconsistent and shown some of his immaturity lately.

Tough situation because buying anyone who is proven in the Premier League commands big money.

Rodriguez would be a decent shout. If he can carry on like he is just now.

Whatever or whoever...we have to be prepared to pay.

In my view, all we need is that 20 goal a season striker to push this team on. Is lukaku that man? Could be. But then we should see what other options there are.

I would also go with Bony. He looks a handful whenever i see him play and knows where the little squares of the net are.

I also think that although Lukaku has been inconsistent he could end up being a 20 goal a season player without too much work. he has the potential to become a 30 goal player if he gets his head down. So if we had a chance for 20m, i would snap that up.

I would also love to see Conor on the bench before the end of the season, he is a completely different striker to what we have and could be that something different when things are not working.

or even put George green on the bench for 10 min here and there.

Bony's a strange one. I watch him sometimes and he's got the first touch of an elephant and plays like a donkey. Then the next game he looks a beast and smashes two goals in.

He's like Lukaku in that respect, except without the excuse of being young and raw. Still a good player.

I agree that Rodriguez is a good player but Remy is probably the best shout in the thread in terms of talent. However, as stated, his off-park shenanigans make it a non-starter though as you don't wanna sully the club's reputation.

The thing is that there's lots of strikers dotted around Europe and South America who could potentially do well for you, but are relatively unknown or modestly rated right now. We could throw out names, but ultimately the job of managers and the scouting team at big clubs is to identify these players and purchase them with the confidence that their ability and style fits into their system and vision. I guess that's why they are paid the big bucks - to make the correct call and ensure they select the player who will succeed when coming to a new league rather than the one who will wilt.

I'm not sure who exactly could do a job for you (I could throw out some random names but it's difficult to assess whether they are the correct targets), but I am confident in my above comments - that there are numerous unearthed gems around the world who could come in and be a success as a striker at Everton. Martinez's job is to identify these players and select the correct candidate.

I seem to edit every post I make on here in order to correct typos or add new detail. I really should proof-read before submitting my comments.

Edited by Nikica

Remy all day for me over Bony.

He looks pure class Remy

Yep, he is a classy player, but as people (including yourself) have alluded to it's his off the pitch problems which are the issue - his talent isn't in question. Quality player though and if he calms himself down I think he'd be a great signing if you could get him. He is a good-link up player, is fast, and can finish chances. In terms of his ability what's not to like? It's just the other stuff.

He's more of a Martinez player than Bony, who is a good player but more about strength and force.

Edited by Nikica

Like some other people unconvinced by Lukaku bit it depends what the price is. Below 20M and I'd take the punt on him but I can see a few other clubs with money starting a bit of an auction during the summer. It's a lot of money though and we're not in a position to take that kind of risk.

All gone a bit quiet on Michy, hopefully that transfer is lined up for the summer.

Looking to the future I have concerns over the defense. Martinez has been blessed that he had the ready made back 4 already in place, as the guys get older I feel it's going to be more imperative to ensure that we bring in some young guys to learn exactly what is required. In many respects building on the blocks that Moyes put in place. Whatever your opinion of him now (and mine is very low) he put our solid back 4 together which are the foundation blocks of our team.

Guest blueboy122

Like some other people unconvinced by Lukaku bit it depends what the price is. Below 20M and I'd take the punt on him but I can see a few other clubs with money starting a bit of an auction during the summer. It's a lot of money though and we're not in a position to take that kind of risk.

All gone a bit quiet on Michy, hopefully that transfer is lined up for the summer.

Looking to the future I have concerns over the defense. Martinez has been blessed that he had the ready made back 4 already in place, as the guys get older I feel it's going to be more imperative to ensure that we bring in some young guys to learn exactly what is required. In many respects building on the blocks that Moyes put in place. Whatever your opinion of him now (and mine is very low) he put our solid back 4 together which are the foundation blocks of our team.

Shame they whole back four fell asleep yesterday!

Homegrown has to be a strong option for us though.

Because, before we get to excited with names etc, lets remember that our net transfer spend over the last 5 years is minus £2.5mill....the second lowest in the league. Even if we see last pre seasons surplus...I cant see us having a big kitty.

Unsure about Lukaku? Isnt it a bit unfare to expect a 20 year old to be consistent? He is potentially one of the most talented young strickers in the world rightnow, which is why he command the hefty prizetag. If you can get him, you should, he is going to worth much more in few years.

his touch lets him down in occasion so he's shite apparently....

:rolleyes:

I don't see your point.

Just that you say Kolbeinn isn't good enough for Ajax so he clearly isn't good enough for us but by comparison we (and West Brom) can look after Chelsea's unwanted for a while to see if they come up to scratch.

Kolbeinn has scored goals for 2 top teams (Ajax & AZ) in a decent league, is only 23 and is worth a punt for the right price. If he turns out to be a 3 month wonder, like Jelavic, no harm done we'll sell him to Hull, West Brom, Norwich or someone similar.

We buy and have a history of buying players who aren't thought to be good enough for the club we've bought them from and we've gone on to be the making of them. Kolbeinn is decent..... we can make him better... for us..... not for somebody else.....

God, can we afford £10mill on a punt?! Chrikey, that could be half our budget.

You take a punt on cheap and/or younger players (like coleman for £60-£80k, whatever it was).

We'll scour the world (Ireland) for the next cheap superstar!!!

Fair enough on the risky £10m punt..... was just a figure I came up with based on Ajax paying about 4.5m euro for him last season (I think). £6m might be nearer the mark which is what we paid for Jelavic (and Kone). So at 5-6 years younger than those two it's not that much of a gamble for a striker.

We'll also get zillions for where we finish in the PL this season seeing as 20th are set to get £63m. :)

Fair enough on the risky £10m punt..... was just a figure I came up with based on Ajax paying about 4.5m euro for him last season (I think). £6m might be nearer the mark which is what we paid for Jelavic (and Kone). So at 5-6 years younger than those two it's not that much of a gamble for a striker.

We'll also get zillions for where we finish in the PL this season seeing as 20th are set to get £63m. :)

Yeah, I think around 5mill for a good potential youngster, with some sort of scoring record, is about right. Still crazy though...I remember Chris Sutton moving to Blackburn for 5mill, that was mindblowing at the time...very top end of the market. Now its just safe gamble money!!! Edited by Newty82

• 2 weeks later...