IGNORED

Strikers

Finn balor

Moyes doesn't seem to rate him ironically... he's a bit Yak like maybe... aka prolific poacher.

Hmmmm....yeah. Not a great record with strikers!

Thing is, all we need is someone to finish our moves...a poacher is ideal. It would also give the creaters confidence to play the ball into the box knowing that it wont be a wasted move.

Another thing to consider is Financial Fair Play. The 'you know who' clubs can no longer just stock pile the best senior and young players. They have to sell to balance the books. Initially, there could be some fine players available.

hernandez is really good against tired legs, who isnt?... he does nithing when playing full games. nah not for me.

He's scored against the likes of Brazil, Holland, Argentina, Spain, Serbia, France. Been man of the match against France at the World Cup, man of the tournament as Mexico won the concacaf gold cup. I see what you're saying but he's more than a super sub in my opinion

Maybe ..... but the rules are so confusing that the highly paid and qualified club accountants will find away of getting around it. Chairman using another business they own to sponsor the club and buying development teams in Australia or building academies etc.

They'll tie FIFA/UEFA accountants in knots.

You don't think FIFA can also hire highly paid and qualified accountants?! They have a cash reserve of £740million...they're a very well off organisation.

They have already said that any self sponsoring owner will be found out...things like the Man City daft money for stadium naming rights will be taken into account etc. And theres only so many academy's and whatever a single club can build!!!

Anyway, dont want to run off track here!!!

Hernandez at £10 mill might seem good but have you watched him when he plays the full game in the prem? To be fair he hasn't had a run of half a season and maybe if he had that he would be good for us. In fact ive changed my mind half way through my post. Quick, plays on the shoulder and Is a sniffer. Just what we need. £10 mill I'd have him

Hernandez at £10 mill might seem good but have you watched him when he plays the full game in the prem? To be fair he hasn't had a run of half a season and maybe if he had that he would be good for us. In fact ive changed my mind half way through my post. Quick, plays on the shoulder and Is a sniffer. Just what we need. £10 mill I'd have him

That reads like a Dalziel post :P.

:blink:

Has he ever finished a full game? He's a supersub, that's all

Hmmmm....yeah. Not a great record with strikers!

Thing is, all we need is someone to finish our moves...a poacher is ideal. It would also give the creaters confidence to play the ball into the box knowing that it wont be a wasted move.

Another thing to consider is Financial Fair Play. The 'you know who' clubs can no longer just stock pile the best senior and young players. They have to sell to balance the books. Initially, there could be some fine players available.

I disagree.

We need someone who can do a whole lot more than score goals. Hernandez will be in the right place at the right time in the box and he's also got the pace to play the counter well. Obviously they're good attributes to have and I'm not saying he's a bad player or anything, but they're not the attributes that fit with a) the rest of our team, and B) our general style of play (or what I hope Martinez is working toward).

We need someone who has a great first touch to lay it off and flick it on and what have you to get others into play. And we need that someone to be strong as well so the touch remains good when he has his back to goal and a bulking centre back is pulling his shirt or shoving him. I've tried to get some Youtube footage to illustrate what I mean but obviously most Youtube clips show strikers scoring and celebrating and not much else. But I think we need a player who plays a bit like Olivier Giroud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYSeSbBEl7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZNFxLO4fEc

Take Mirallas for example, he isn't the type of player that hugs the touchline and dribbles past his full back to whip a ball into the box. He's a goal scorer. He's at his best in that inside left area or whatever it's called and running into the box, either with the ball in his feet or with a target man laying it off to him. Same goes for Deulofeu for example. And I think Barkley's strength might be getting into the box himself rather than playing others in as well. He's sure shown a tendency to go for goal himself this season. If we want to maximize their talents we need someone that can bring them into play rather than the other way around. Which is also why I think we should look past Lukaku who is at his best when he can face goal with some space in behind so he can overpower and outpace the opposition.

That was a nice indepth write up! Got to appreciate it when someone does that.

You know what though, I just what a consistent goal scorer...whatever else he does, not that bothered. Just score 20+ goals a season...as we have seen, those goals will make a huge difference.

I know its a very simple way to look at it.

Guest Nikica

Yeah, I said a while back that I don't really rate Hernandez - his all-round game isn't strong enough and we still don't know if he could score lots of goals while starting every week (perhaps in his first season but that was a long time ago now). Tbh, being an impact sub helps him immensely imo. I don't think he'd fit into a Martinez team at all. But I could be way off base so we will see what happens.

not comparing but why get hernandez when we have naismith. both not quick, both score off the bench, both less if an impact when played for 90 mins. both good at making runs, both will nevet score a screamer from outside the box, both hard workers, both will never score over twenty in a season for everton.

not comparing but why get hernandez when we have naismith. both not quick, both score off the bench, both less if an impact when played for 90 mins. both good at making runs, both will nevet score a screamer from outside the box, both hard workers, both will never score over twenty in a season for everton.

Agree with this. Naismith very similar player.

Hernandez is very quick. This is all probably irrelevant, he'll score a few in the summer and be off to Spain I reckon. Probably Atletico when they lose Costa to Chelsea or Real

Hernandez is a much better player than Naismith, they are leagues apart, Hernandez is quicker got better movement and is a better finisher. I think if we could get him for 10 million he would be a good signing.

Putting aside my Mexican antibias, I don't see him fitting into the RM system. He is an amazing poacher with great speed but a complaint many of us have had of Lukaku is his lack of hold up play. Chicharito obviously can't win many balls in the air and from what I have seen, his link up play is sub par. Now if RM ultimately decided to playing the system he played at Wigan (3-5-2/5-3-2), then we'd be having a different conversation as having diverse strikers on top is important. However if we continue the 4-2-3-1, then I don't see how he would be viable for us.

Putting aside my Mexican antibias, I don't see him fitting into the RM system. He is an amazing poacher with great speed but a complaint many of us have had of Lukaku is his lack of hold up play. Chicharito obviously can't win many balls in the air and from what I have seen, his link up play is sub par. Now if RM ultimately decided to playing the system he played at Wigan (3-5-2/5-3-2), then we'd be having a different conversation as having diverse strikers on top is important. However if we continue the 4-2-3-1, then I don't see how he would be viable for us.

He'd definitely be a useful squad player. He knows where the goal is that's for sure.