IGNORED

Strikers

Finn balor

Guest blueboy122

Out of interest, what is the risk? Not that rape thing is it? Cos thats all been cleared and no case to answer.

It is that to be honest. Just the whole no smoke without fire thing. Wouldn't want any of our players anywhere near a rape allegation.

He is a poor mans Lukaku mate. Saw him live on thursday night, even the Swansea fans say he can't trap a bag of cement. Impressed with De Guzman though, played well when he came on.

He was excellent on Thursday night. Really good control, quick & powerful runs and worked really hard too.

I was also though De Guzman was very average especially in comparison to who he replaced initially. Maybe we were watching different games! lol

He was excellent on Thursday night. Really good control, quick & powerful runs and worked really hard too.

I was also though De Guzman was very average especially in comparison to who he replaced initially. Maybe we were watching different games! lol

I agree. Bony looks like something special to me. He had a shaky start to this season, but he's coming out strong now.

I was on the half way line two rows up from the front, What you don't see on tv etc....... is that Canas was bollocking him for not making runs in behind so he had to pass into the two wingers, which I agree with. Canas tired and De Guzman came on and made such a difference, Bony should have scored two, Lukaku would have had them both!! Would not have gone only my mate had a spare ticket from 5 lads I know that went.

It is that to be honest. Just the whole no smoke without fire thing. Wouldn't want any of our players anywhere near a rape allegation.

I can see why you and others would have that view. But its totally unfair, but a reflection of our 'democratic' society.

Heres a personal example....a good mate of mine was accused of rape. Yes, he slept with the lass. But because the lass remembered she had a boyfriend, and the guilt trip came on...the accusation came. He went through hell. It didnt even get to court. Just like Remy's 'case'.

Footballers are easy targets.

I think he would be a great signing, and Bony is a good shout too.

I was on the half way line two rows up from the front, What you don't see on tv etc....... is that Canas was bollocking him for not making runs in behind so he had to pass into the two wingers, which I agree with. Canas tired and De Guzman came on and made such a difference, Bony should have scored two, Lukaku would have had them both!! Would not have gone only my mate had a spare ticket from 5 lads I know that went.

I thought that he did make quite a few decent runs myself, in behind and coming short. I do agree that he should have taken one of his chances though!

De Guzman came on in place for Pablo and the latter was running the game through the middle. I didnt think De Guzman made much of an impact when he game on but when I have seen him before I have always thought of him as a tidy player as well. Didnt think an awful lot of Canas and I havent each time I have seen him.

Agreed De Guzman is a good underrated player.

I agree. Bony looks like something special to me. He had a shaky start to this season, but he's coming out strong now.

Don't think we'll know about Bony until next year. Swansea have been all over the map this year so hard to judge. He's had good and bad moments. Seems to have the ability to be a real menace; incredible leap, very powerful, but then just lapses of concentration or something let him down.

De Guzman is another strange one. Has all the technical ability but can't seem to put it together for 90 minutes. I think he may just lack the physique to compete in this league.

Don't think we'll know about Bony until next year. Swansea have been all over the map this year so hard to judge. He's had good and bad moments. Seems to have the ability to be a real menace; incredible leap, very powerful, but then just lapses of concentration or something let him down.

De Guzman is another strange one. Has all the technical ability but can't seem to put it together for 90 minutes. I think he may just lack the physique to compete in this league.

De Guzman just seems to coast through games to me. Whether it's just his playing style but he looks so lethargic.

It's so hard for teams to find strikers now, not only because of how much they cost, but because the 'big' clubs like to have 3 or 4 of them each. If you want to get a goalscorer on the cheap you have to take a punt on a player you hope will make it, whether they be from the lower leagues in England or a lower league abroad. Even Jordan Rhodes would be in excess of 7/8 million and he isn't proven in the prem, although he is a very good finisher.

If we were going to end up with anyone who is in the prem now I would like us to get Benteke, he's been off the boil this season but Villa are poor, I think he'd get 15+ in our team, but again we'd be looking at a massive price tag.

Agree with the De Guzman shout, he's a very good player.

How old is bony supposed to be though? He looks not a day under 30! Another yak? Watched remy against villa and he looked good. A bit rough around the edges but he has a bit of henry about him the way he runs. Although I think Henry was the best striker I've seen in the prem remy obviously not on the same planet talent wise

I don't think Bony's technical ability/intelligence is as bad as some are making out. His touch, passing and general awareness is often fairly good. At times it will be erratic but that's more because he's a powerful player so he can't always be in full control of his body. His hold up play and ability to shield the ball and bring others into play while under pressure was pretty impressive against your beloved neighbours the other night.

As I said before, he's a bit unpolished at times, and unlike Lukaku that probably won't change as he's in his prime now. However, I don't consider him a poor player technically at all.

De Guzman has looked a classy sort for ages. I only really began following his career properly when he went to La Liga and he always impressed. Very nice player.

I still agree with blueboy however - Remy is the top man for your system, from the strikers at clubs within the PL.

Edited by Nikica

I think Bony is a good player who will most likely get goals wherever he goes.

Dominico Berardi who plays for sassuolo in Italy looks a top prospect. Juventus bought co-ownership of him last season though. So it's looks unlikely. Anyway he scored 4 goals in one game against Milan this season and reminds me of a young raw Negredo. He is only 19 and has 12 goals in 20 seria A appearances. I'm sure there will be a few top clubs looking at him.

Edited by MiguelCotto

I watched a lot of Wigan last year and I honestly think that Kone would have knocked in over 20 goals if he had Barry, Barkley, Mirralas, Baines, Coleman, Pienaar, etc providing the through balls and chances for him. Not saying he's good enough to be the main option of a top 4 chasing team, but he'll be a good option and rotation asset next year.... hopefully! But still 2 strikers needed in the summer, possibly one young prospect and an established goal scorer? Wish I could suggest the perfect name, but most who are already known to be good enough would cost an arm and a leg.

I would like to see what we could get Hernandez for from United. £10m???

Martinez had an eye on him a while ago...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6785468,00.html

Worth a shout! Several reasons why:

United paid less than that, so they could save face and make a profit.

He's settled in the area and wouldn't have to move.

Cleverley will tell him good things about Martinez from his time at Wigan.

Finally, most importantly, five minutes with Roberto and he'd be convinced!

Just need him to keep being overlooked by Moyes, so his price doesn't go up. Also get it agreed nice and early before the World Cup, as a few Spanish clubs have been linked in the past and might be again.

Edited by Ant1979

He's quick, scores with both feet and a deadly finisher when on form. Given a consistent run in a good PL team I think he'd score plenty, he'd be high on confidence playing for someone like Martinez too. But it's all opinions and mine is only one, no more valid than yours :)

Hernandez is a top class goalscorer. Offers nothing else but definitely someone a club like us could do with.

For £10m I think that would be a bargain. Heavily linked with bigger clubs in the past though.

Hernandez is a top class goalscorer. Offers nothing else but definitely someone a club like us could do with.

For £10m I think that would be a bargain. Heavily linked with bigger clubs in the past though.

Yeah he was linked with both Real and Atletico a couple of years ago I think, and it would have been more like £20m then probably. I would snap their hand off at £10m as I think he would score loads for us