IGNORED

Why don't people rate Pienaar?

Shukes

the lad is technically our best player. When he's not in the team we look devoid of creativity.

Against Swansea he had a few bad touches and everyone shouted their frustration. When he was involved in a chance that he eventually hit the post with no one spoke!

Then he battles away and gets a shot in and again... Quiet.

What is it that TT is seeing that most other fans seem to miss?

I see a guy that has slowed down but creates openings and starts most of our better stuff off. He's got great feet, great control and a football brain.

Edited by Shukes

Not picking on names Matt but all I seem to read are negatives about him and don't see many people mention the positives.

Don't get me wrong there are some that argue for him, but it does seem to be split 50/50.

There were many bad touches the weekend and Traore took some stick along with Pienaar... But Pienaar just seems to be scapegoat most of the time. Maybe we just don't like the name Steven!

Not picking on names Matt but all I seem to read are negatives about him and don't see many people mention the positives.

Don't get me wrong there are some that argue for him, but it does seem to be split 50/50.

There were many bad touches the weekend and Traore took some stick along with Pienaar... But Pienaar just seems to be scapegoat most of the time. Maybe we just don't like the name Steven!

It could be the fact that he let De Guzman go for their equaliser making people disproportionately mention his bad points from the last game.

It could be the fact that he let De Guzman go for their equaliser making people disproportionately mention his bad points from the last game.

don't agree that was a goal you could nothing about apart from stopping the cross

don't agree that was a goal you could nothing about apart from stopping the cross

He lets De Guzman just wander past him and doesn't even attempt to follow the run! Being pint sized may mean he wouldn't have been able to stop the goal anyway but he made no effort whatsoever. It was pure laziness and unacceptable.

I'm not picking names either, just think anyone who doesn't rate must be blind. Yes, he can be incredibly frustrating, especially how weak is, but he is very clever in his body movement and his telepathy with Baines on occasion is scary! Wouldn't say he was our best technical player though.

I think signing a replacement for peanuts is a must. He gives us so much with his ability to get on the ball and create space. Will hughes at derby would be my pick

rate Hughes do you?

add to that it all stemmed from that ridiculous cross his own box pass he did..pressure from the semi-cleared corner wasn't it? or am i misremembering? did have a few with no lunch or sleep :lol:

Shouldn't people be pointing out Baines actually letting him head the ball unchallenged though?

This is my point. The goal could have been stopped numerous times and people see Pienaar males a mistake. Did those same people comment on his flick to baines and then hitting the post, or when he positioned his body between the centre half and gets a shot on when he had no right?

Criticism is Ok but we should give recognition too.

Shouldn't people be pointing out Baines actually letting him head the ball unchallenged though?

This is my point. The goal could have been stopped numerous times and people see Pienaar males a mistake. Did those same people comment on his flick to baines and then hitting the post, or when he positioned his body between the centre half and gets a shot on when he had no right?

Criticism is Ok but we should give recognition too.

If Pienaar does his job then Baines doesn't even need to challenge. It was a collective defensive fuck up (again!) but Pienaar is the catalyst so deserves more of the blame.

He did have some good times during the game; the shot that hit the woodwork was pure brilliance, but for most of the game he wasn't very good at all so it stands to reason that the bad points are going to stand out more because there were more of them!

I wouldn't single him out myself though, most of the side were poor yesterday.

He lets De Guzman just wander past him and doesn't even attempt to follow the run! Being pint sized may mean he wouldn't have been able to stop the goal anyway but he made no effort whatsoever. It was pure laziness and unacceptable.

Even if de Guzman had lost him the ball was perfect. What was peanuts gonna do? Ever watched scholes or Cahill score goals? you couldn't pick them up. I understand the critism of peanuts but not for the goal.

We really miss Pienaar when he isnt playing because he just helps us keep hold of the ball. He is always available as an out ball down the left, he is very good at finding space and seeing a move develop, unfortunately he doesnt quite have that execution to take him to the next level. He does so much good work getting the team into the final third and then tends to fluff the shot/cross/pass, which I do find frustrating.

Having said that, other than the Liverpool game where he clearly wasnt fit, I dont think he has played badly for a while.

Even if de Guzman had lost him the ball was perfect. What was peanuts gonna do? Ever watched scholes or Cahill score goals? you couldn't pick them up. I understand the critism of peanuts but not for the goal.

Put pressure on him. Ever seen a player miss a guilt edged chance because the defensive player has just got his body in and around him? But Pienaar was lazy so the opportunity wasn't even there.

Bit of a shit attitude to have to basically say it's OK that Pienaar didn't carry out his duty just because it was a good ball in. It doesn't excuse it one bit. If Pienaar goes with him and he still scores then no one criticises Pienaar (for the goal). Simple as that.

And it's not like Pienaar knew the ball in was going to be a good one in is it? For all he knew the ball was going to be shite and he could have prevented the goal. He made a mistake.

Edited by Romey 1878

Not a shite attitude at all. Just a fair one. If he makes a mistake then call him up for it. If he does well.. Then he deserves having a mention too.

And does Pienaar losing his man excuse the rest of the players at fault for the goal sir Alex?

And I have done.

Oh fuck off and go back and read. I said earlier it was a collective defensive fuck up but Pienaar letting his man go was the catalyst so deserves more of the blame. Now stop being an arsehole.

Chill out haha! No need to get so upset over an opinion. I have one now deal with it or don't, don't care which.

If you read my Op I made a point of not naming any names. And in the spirit of the thread I'm talking about the fact that many people can criticise and can't praise when it's deserved.

I suggest a cold one and an early night.

Chill out haha! No need to get so upset over an opinion. I have one now deal with it or don't, don't care which.

If you read my Op I made a point of not naming any names. And in the spirit of the thread I'm talking about the fact that many people can criticise and can't praise when it's deserved.

I suggest a cold one and an early night.

Not arsed about your opinion, it was the Sir Alex comment that annoyed me. No need for it and it makes it more like you can't take the opposing opinion.

And I do praise and criticise on equal measures no matter who the player is. Whether I like the player or not. I only brought up his mistake as a possible reason why people may be judging his performance yesterday in a harsher light!

It was a tongue in cheek comment and I didn't mean to offend. Sorry mate.

My posts are more trying to get people's opinions on the player and not meant to anyone in particular. Sorry of it seemed that way I just got caught in the conversation Romey. Didn't mean anything disrespectful.