IGNORED

Why don't people rate Pienaar?

Shukes

It was a tongue in cheek comment and I didn't mean to offend. Sorry mate.

My posts are more trying to get people's opinions on the player and not meant to anyone in particular. Sorry of it seemed that way I just got caught in the conversation Romey. Didn't mean anything disrespectful.

Fair enough. Sorry for my response, bit grouchy tonight.

I do agree that some people do tend to view Pienaar badly no matter what, though. It's the same with Osman. And I think a lot of it is down to the fact that both players have the ability but often fail to apply it, which makes them extremely frustrating players to watch. Kind of like you expect so much from them but a lot of the time they're going to mess up that final ball. I know I regularly end up with my head in my hands watching them. But those few times when it all clicks into gear? GOLDEN.

I suppose Pienaar's a bit of a luxury player and we Evertonians don't really know how to react to them these days and he ends up a bit vilified.

I remember Moyes calling for more goals a few years ago and he scored the next match and went on a good run.maybe he needs another challenge.

I do think he has a lovely touch. The way he takes the ball in is great to watch. His turning on the ball is akin to Ossie agreed.

I wish he would have a go a bit more, maybe shoot on sight a bit.

Guest blueboy122

Agree with Haf technically he is brilliant but quite often I have seen him lacking in his decision making final ball etc.

I really hope he can find form again because when he does he is brilliant no question.

Because he is so good technically and in previous seasons he has been unreal (The season before he left and went to Spurs) he gets more criticism than others, the better players always do cos more is expected of them.

He can still offer something and his link up with Baines is sometimes magical, but I do think we need a replacement for him to come in soon and maybe keep him as a squad player so the new lad can learn from him.

For every good game Pienaar has he has 5 bad ones. Personally I'd sell him if somebody came in with the right price for him. He's not bad as a squad player and he seems to get the best out of Baines but I honestly don't think he's good enough for us anymore.

I have only read people say he hasn't been as good since joining on a permanent deal back from Spurs. When he first came back on loan he was great, it was like he never left. Him and Baines linking up play again and striking fear into the opposition defense. Then when we got him back from Spurs on a permanent deal his form dipped a little (I still think he was a quality player by the way and he gave a lot to give to the team when coming back).

Martinez doesn't use the Baines and Pienaar link up play very often (we don't seem to have the need to rely on it as much). It used to be that teams would closely mark Pienaar and Baines and for a while it didn't work as teams were so heavily marking them both.

Now we have Coleman and Mirallas who are both linking up play very well and that has given time for Baines and Pienaar to find their rhythm again and they have started playing like the old pair again.

Regards to Pienaar, I think he is still a decent player. Good touch, can cut inside the box, holds up play well and tracks back when needed. So I have no problem with Pienaar, I think people used to, but I think this was because we were relying on him and Baines to much and like I say teams defended well and it looked like he couldn't kick a ball as the opposing team would intercept every ball and make good tackles.

I rate Pienaar, always have, always will. :)

He's a technically gifted player who is stuck wide left and can't beat his man with the ball at his feet and can't cross......if anyone I would try piennar in the number ten position.... He'd get us so many freekicks.

Its not like he is stuck wide though... He spends a lot of his time in that inside left channel which is why he finds space in good areas. I would also play him in the number 10 role as well though, I think it would suit him.

Thinking of Pienaar's successor Pablo Hernandez would probably fit in really well. Ultimately he is probably best centrally but given Pienaar takes up a lot of central/inside left positions I think he could do pretty well. He is better than Pienaar technically, works just as hard and would fit into the system easily.

Price would probably be a stumbling block but if the Swansea ship does start sinking I dont think cost us too much for what is going to be an essential position.

Thinking of Pienaar's successor Pablo Hernandez would probably fit in really well. Ultimately he is probably best centrally but given Pienaar takes up a lot of central/inside left positions I think he could do pretty well. He is better than Pienaar technically, works just as hard and would fit into the system easily.

Price would probably be a stumbling block but if the Swansea ship does start sinking I dont think cost us too much for what is going to be an essential position.

Pienaar is a quality player - very intelligent and a good link-up player. Sometimes seems like he isn't the best at helping out Baines defensively, but with the two sitters in the team now you can afford that sort of thing more. Pienaar is indeed very technically gifted and has good vision.

Pablo is brilliant, been a fan since his Valencia days. As Romey says though he was born in 85. He looks younger so it's easy to think he's only about 25.