IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

Our hope as Evertonians must be that Martinez will see a great future at Everton and that guiding a club like us to big things is possibly more of an achievement than maintaining the success of some rich win everything club.

When he does eventually leave, let's hope he's done a brillaint job.

This x 2

Man United have well and truly burned their bridges with Everton. The arrogant sods will no doubt be toying about with "who they will pick" to take over. For me I hope that their main targets say "no" - that even if Martinez is linked he says "why would I leave a massive club like Everton to join a club lower than us?"

Martinez is a smart man, he knows that he is at the right club for him and that he will get the time and flexibility to install his philosophies.

I hope united pick another lemon who blows the £150m on garbage mercenaries.

Yeah, the MEN Sports Editor said Man Utd shouldn't rule him out. He's linked in the Times today as well as fourth favourite candidate (17-1_ behind Giggs, Klopp and Van Gaal.

The Italian press say they've approached Jorge Mendes, Mourinho's agent.

Klopp has already distanced himself from the job.

Smart move... I've bolded the ones I think.... Giggs would be assistant...

5/2 Louis van Gaal

4/1 Jurgen Klopp

11/2 Ryan Giggs

10/1 Alex Ferguson

14/1 Carlos Quieroz

16/1 Diego Simeone

20/1 Antonio Conte

20/1 Fabio Capello

20/1 Laurent Blanc

25/1 Guus Hiddink

25/1 Carlo Ancelotti

25/1 Frank de Boer

33/1 Pep Guardiola

33/1 Roberto Martinez

33/1 Maricio Pochettino

33/1 Gary Neville

40/1 Jose Mourinho

40/1 Michael Laudrup

50/1 Marco Bielsa

50/1 Andre Villas Boas

66/1 Brendan Rodgers

66/1 Cesare Prandelli

66/1 Ole Gunnar Solksjaer

80/1 Mark Hughes

Apparently (Van Gaal) he's a bit of an egomaniac who runs things the way he wants, he will clash with certain players etc, but he does have pedigree, whther thats because he's always managed big clubs I dont know but he will be a big improvement on moyes.

Edited by Hafnia

When clubs fire managers, they often go for a completely different profile afterwards. So after Moyes, I think they'll go for a proven winner so I hope we shouldn't worry about them chasing Martinez.

I think they'll do well if they go for Louis van Gaal. Has worked for some of the biggest clubs in world football in Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern. Won league titles in Holland (with Ajax, but also with the much smaller club AZ), Spain and Germany. Has won every existing European trophy. Brilliant tactician and always plays lots of youngsters. He will probably be fighting with about everyone at the club in a three years time, but I've no doubt he'll have laid the groundwork for a successful team and won some honour by then.

When clubs fire managers, they often go for a completely different profile afterwards. So after Moyes, I think they'll go for a proven winner so I hope we shouldn't worry about them chasing Martinez.

I think they'll do well if they go for Louis van Gaal. Has worked for some of the biggest clubs in world football in Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern. Won league titles in Holland (with Ajax, but also with the much smaller club AZ), Spain and Germany. Has won every existing European trophy. Brilliant tactician and always plays lots of youngsters. He will probably be fighting with about everyone at the club in a three years time, but I've no doubt he'll have laid the groundwork for a successful team and won some honour by then.

Even Moyes won the Charity Shield :lol:

He's been linked to Barcelona (again), and he kind of said this Sunday in an interview to Spanish widespread newspaper El Mundo that he was flattered because he's becoming popular in Spain when he actually developed his professional career in England. He did not reply expressing interest, he just said so far there has not been any contact with Spanish clubs and he is happy Everton's reputation is increasing in Spain.

Take it as you wish, I'd say he does not think Barcelona would come calling and he looks like he's thinking as an Evertonian.

PS: Van Gaal in Barcelona was not successfu,l but he was not afraid to play young lads like Xavi or Puyol.

when Moyes left, I was angry and also worried due to fear of the unknown.

if Roberto leaves, I'll be angry at the loss of the most promising manager at our club in my life time and would certainly feel betrayed.

Dont see him leaving for a long time though, he seems to be building a long term project.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2616680/Johan-Cruyff-wants-Roberto-Martinez-Ajax-Frank-Boer-leave-club.html

Daily mail saying that Cruyff wants Roberto at Ajax, should De Boer go to spurs this summer.

Dream on!

The name of Ajax may have some pull but the league doesn't, and having to sell your best players every summer won't entice him.

• 5 months later...