IGNORED

Roberto Martinez

i fucking hate being an evertonian sometimes. why have we consigned oursekves to losing him. we class our club as a stepping stone ourselves. second rate mentality, second rate club.... and yous moan at us being negative under moyes. everton is a good club for RM and i imagine he woukd want to acheive something at everton before he moves anywhere else otherwise he has a pointless cv.

i fucking hate being an evertonian sometimes. why have we consigned oursekves to losing him. we class our club as a stepping stone ourselves. second rate mentality, second rate club.... and yous moan at us being negative under moyes. everton is a good club for RM and i imagine he woukd want to acheive something at everton before he moves anywhere else otherwise he has a pointless cv.

This is by far the most sensible thing I've ever seen you post. Martinez obviously doesn't share this mentality, either. This much is clear with his "we won't be letting Barkley go out on loan" and "that must be another Seamus Coleman" quotes.

He wont jump ship just for anyone. He will be loyal and he will want to succeed. He has turned down a number of bigger calls in his career.

But Barcelona?! I doubt they would go after him just now. Barcelona are the biggest club in world football. I wouldnt knock anyone for taking that one up.

Maybe bobby can do an Arsene at Everton??? Well, the first 500 games anyway!!!

well said brett, i agree with you. i think he'll want to get us to the champions league (his goal when he arrived) and win a trophy, after that he will feel like he took us to the next step and wouldn't be thought of badly if he left. i would love him to stay, but if Barcelona is seriously calling, i understand. Arsenal? no, i don't get that, but Barca yes.

He wont jump ship just for anyone. He will be loyal and he will want to succeed. He has turned down a number of bigger calls in his career.

But Barcelona?! I doubt they would go after him just now. Barcelona are the biggest club in world football. I wouldnt knock anyone for taking that one up.

Maybe bobby can do an Arsene at Everton??? Well, the first 500 games anyway!!!

What makes you say that?

Im not saying that he is disloyal but he has had 3 managers jobs in 7 years now so if a bigger club comes in he does have form

What makes you say that?

Im not saying that he is disloyal but he has had 3 managers jobs in 7 years now so if a bigger club comes in he does have form

What makes me say it is that at Wigan he turned down a few jobs from 'bigger clubs'...so when I say he wont just jump ship for anyone, Im dead right. But if Barca come calling...go for it! You only live once!

And yeah, 3 jobs in 7 years. He's only been managing for 7 years...2 at swansea, 4 at Wigan and now us...not bad really.

What makes me say it is that at Wigan he turned down a few jobs from 'bigger clubs'...so when I say he wont just jump ship for anyone, Im dead right. But if Barca come calling...go for it! You only live once!

And yeah, 3 jobs in 7 years. He's only been managing for 7 years...2 at swansea, 4 at Wigan and now us...not bad really.

How are you dead right?

When he was at Swansea and Wigan came knocking he was off in a flash, when he was at Wigan and Everton came knocking it was the same result. He also interested in leaving enough to be interviewed for the Villa and Liverpool jobs

History would tend to suggest that if anything you are dead wrong

How are you dead right?

When he was at Swansea and Wigan came knocking he was off in a flash, when he was at Wigan and Everton came knocking it was the same result. He also interested in leaving enough to be interviewed for the Villa and Liverpool jobs

History would tend to suggest that if anything you are dead wrong

Because I said he 'wont jump ship for just anyone'...and he doesnt.

At swansea...he had other offers too...but because of his playing history at wigan and the fact it was a chance to manage in the PL, he couldnt turn it down. This was after he got swansea promoted to a level that they hadnt been for a number of years.

At wigan...as you say, he turned down villa and pool. So what he had an interview? Isnt a career about opportunities? He still turned them down.

So when I say 'he wont jump ship for anyone'...surely I am dead right? If Tranmere came calling, would he go? Blackburn? Villa again?

If in a few years time he finds that he cant quite get us where he wants, say for financial reasons, and a club come calling who can offer him all those things...then fair play. But that club wont just be anyone.

Just to re-emphasis my main point, as highlighted in bold yourself...'he wont jump ship just for anyone'.

Concentrate on that one line...and you'll see, although you wont admit it, that I am dead right.

Unless you are able to give an example of where he has jumped ship just for the sake of it? Then I'll admit I am dead wrong.

Managers are like players, the have goals - they may have aspirations to move abroad, play in champions league etc etc.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if a major player came in for Martinez, but not just yet. He has things to do here. I don't think he will go to the first club that comes calling.

I don't think tenure has anything to do with the timing being right, he left Swansea having instilled his style in the club that we see to this day. At Wigan he delivered a trophy having kept them afloat for the previous few seasons against the odds - he knocked back Villa and Liverpool in his time there.

To our knowledge Moyes went to the first club that came in for him, and to be fair it was a move you wouldn't begrudge him, just the manner with which he did it.

Yeah, thats my point...he wont go to the first club that comes calling.

But Dunc, you disagree?! You even point out the Villa and pool thing...but still disagree?!

Bizarre.

I could be wrong, but I think the confusion here was that Dunc thought you were saying 'he won't jump ship for anyone', as in he won't leave no matter who comes in for him? Whereas what you were saying is 'he won't jump ship for JUST anyone', as in it would have to be a huge dream opportunity for him to go. Correct me if I'm wrong though but I think that was where the crossed wires were? :)

I dont see why Barca would even come in for him yet. He is a manager full of potential but he has to show he can deliver results in the league which he hasnt yet.

agreed, they took a chance on tata martino and if they aren't happy with him, i'm guessing they'll go with a sure thing rather than another chance candidate. is there any possibility tito villanueva could come back?

agreed, they took a chance on tata martino and if they aren't happy with him, i'm guessing they'll go with a sure thing rather than another chance candidate. is there any possibility tito villanueva could come back?

Yeh and at least he had proven his ability in the South American leagues in terms of being able to manage and sustain a league challenge.

Just to re-emphasis my main point, as highlighted in bold yourself...'he wont jump ship just for anyone'.

Concentrate on that one line...and you'll see, although you wont admit it, that I am dead right.

Unless you are able to give an example of where he has jumped ship just for the sake of it? Then I'll admit I am dead wrong.

Ok fair enough I admit I didnt register the word " just " in your original post

But the point stands that I still dont think he is particularly loyal and so if a bigger and better job comes along that suits him I have no doubt he will take it, and I think the Arsenal job would suit him perfectly

Ok fair enough I admit I didnt register the word " just " in your original post

But the point stands that I still dont think he is particularly loyal and so if a bigger and better job comes along that suits him I have no doubt he will take it, and I think the Arsenal job would suit him perfectly

Yeah, fair play.

I agree on the bigger club thing...but as seen at wigan, only if the conditions are right (whatever they are!). And no one would blame him, thats just career progression. Lets just hope no one lets their manager go to soon!!!

• 4 weeks later...