IGNORED

Infantile bickering thread...

MC11

name says it all... much like the rubbish post thread, any prolonged bickering will be copied into here.

Hopefully Louis can get the ignore topic functionality working so the majority of us can avoid this thread....

Biting the hand off for 7th? You buying the DVD then mate.... We finished 6th last season

Edited by Matt

:doh:

Read my post again. When did this place get taken over by 10 year old kids?!

Hold on, your original post said you would have snapped someone's hand off at the start of the season if they'd offered you 5-7th. I'm saying at this point in time, with absolutely no negative judgement towards your opinion, that I would be disappointed with 7th.

Ironic you're calling me a ten-year old; clearly you haven't learned to accept people's opinions that differ from your own.

For the record, I was pretty much agreeing with your original point that the season has faded to disappointment since our terrific start.

Hold on, your original post said you would have snapped someone's hand off at the start of the season if they'd offered you 5-7th. I'm saying at this point in time, with absolutely no negative judgement towards your opinion, that I would be disappointed with 7th.

Ironic you're calling me a ten-year old; clearly you haven't learned to accept people's opinions that differ from your own.

For the record, I was pretty much agreeing with your original point that the season has faded to disappointment since our terrific start.

If you agree then how is your opinion different from my own?

Apologies as your Original post sounded as though you were agreeing with Cotto.

Edited by GoodisonRoad

One mention on this game and one mention only, by saying think the team will get three points on the day but not by a comprehensive score. Home advantage should be the deciding factor and expect Blues to see it through by two goals to one. I realize there's little chance of champions league play next season now and even if we achieved seventh, that wouldn't be a bad return in Martinez' first season in charge (add to that the last eight of the FA Cup tournament) but as been mentioned before, a little disappointing the way things have fallen away somewhat after the fine start to the season in the first few months. Bit of a mixed bag with regards to opposition for the remainder of the season - mostly made up of heavyweights and champions league contenders and those in lower mid table with not much to play for, but there still remains opportunity there to achieve something this season by way of gaining a europa league place and if that comes to pass, then I think Martinez can be proud enough with his first seasons achievements.

Been to more games this month alone than both of you. Not Redshite.

If two or more regular posters believe that you are a Red WUM, then I would maybe look at the manner in which you make posts.

An example being the delight and speed you took to putting a post on your doom mongering thread when we went out against Arsenal - as I said before hand, you were in a win win situation:- we win and get into the semi's, or we lose and you get to post possible them most infuriating smug "look at me aren't I clever" post that has no place on an Everton forum from a supposed fan.

BTW:- due to your need to be an idiot whilst most fans were licking their wounds and you decided to dig up a thread that deserved to vanish - which was since closed due to the animosity you created

"It is a sad truth, but we have lost the faculty of giving lovely names to things. The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one. It is the only thing he is fit for." - OSCAR WILDE The picture of Dorein Grey 1890

The so called ethnic slur was not recorded 1928. So if you are going to WUM, do so with a little intelligence.

Edited by Hafnia

If two or more regular posters believe that you are a Red WUM, then I would maybe look at the manner in which you make posts.

An example being the delight and speed you took to putting a post on your doom mongering thread when we went out against Arsenal - as I said before hand, you were in a win win situation:- we win and get into the semi's, or we lose and you get to post possible them most infuriating smug "look at me aren't I clever" post that has no place on an Everton forum from a supposed fan.

BTW:- due to your need to be an idiot whilst most fans were licking their wounds and you decided to dig up a thread that deserved to vanish - which was since closed due to the animosity you created

"It is a sad truth, but we have lost the faculty of giving lovely names to things. The man who could call a spade a spade should be compelled to use one. It is the only thing he is fit for." - OSCAR WILDE The picture of Dorein Grey 1890

The so called ethnic slur was not recorded 1928. So if you are going to WUM, do so with a little intelligence.

Lol I am so delighted that a doom mongerer is winding you up this season !

Those same people were calling the thread when I started it. So far it's been proved right. The season fell apart from mid January and I'm massively dissapointed we are having to settle for Europa league in March and that's still an "if".

What's wrong with having a realist opinion and talking about it on the forum? Why should I be positive when results aren't? And if i'm not I get called a WUM. I'm only being myself and saying it as I see it. So you may disagree with everything I say but I'm not doing it as a wind up and I'm certainly not a Kopite.

Those same people were calling the thread when I started it. So far it's been proved right. The season fell apart from mid January and I'm massively dissapointed we are having to settle for Europa league in March and that's still an "if".

What's wrong with having a realist opinion and talking about it on the forum? Why should I be positive when results aren't? And if i'm not I get called a WUM. I'm only being myself and saying it as I see it. So you may disagree with everything I say but I'm not doing it as a wind up and I'm certainly not a Kopite.

That's all fair enough as far as I'm concerned. Opinions are opinions and you're entitled to yours, some of them I've agreed with and some of them I haven't. All I will say is that trying to put a racist spin on the phrase 'calling a spade a spade' was definitely out of order. It wasn't said in that way at all, not even slightly, and as Haf has pointed out it's a valid expression that's been around for many years. It's like when people object to 'the pot calling the kettle black', another phrase that is not at all related to race.

Ah fuck it... I'm going to look like a genius and state that Everton with a net spend of fuck all just may not break into the top 4 and not win the fa cup with a new manager of 9 months...

Thank fuck you weren't around when things were really shite, I don't think I could handle your wonderful forecasts of which defender Walter Smith would play up front next.

Realism is expecting the top spending teams to win things, optimism is the hope and reserved joy of the time when your team defies the odds... It does happen, and in all reality is likelier to happen under this new manager.

Next time you feel like bigging your realistic self up, try make sure it isn't after we lose and you want to take credit for it.

Ah fuck it... I'm going to look like a genius and state that Everton with a net spend of fuck all just may not break into the top 4 and not win the fa cup with a new manager of 9 months...

Thank fuck you weren't around when things were really shite, I don't think I could handle your wonderful forecasts of which defender Walter Smith would play up front next.

Realism is expecting the top spending teams to win things, optimism is the hope and reserved joy of the time when your team defies the odds... It does happen, and in all reality is likelier to happen under this new manager.

Next time you feel like bigging your realistic self up, try make sure it isn't after we lose and you want to take credit for it.

There is only so much optimism you can have. Optimistic for 19 years. How much longer? I was very optimistic in December then the wheels fall off. Optimism runs out when all to be optimistic about disappears. What are you optimistic about now? Next season? Another year when we spend fuckall and do exactly the same. Vicious circle. Edited by MiguelCotto

There is only so much optimism you can have. Optimistic for 19 years. How much longer? I was very optimistic in December then the wheels fall off. Optimism runs out when all to be optimistic about disappears. What are you optimistic about now? Next season? Another year when we spend fuckall and do exactly the same. Vicious circle.

Change sports then maybe. I've seen us win 2 leagues and seen us escape last day relegation twice. Support and spirit should never waver.

Haf, the irony of this is killing me :rofl:

I get pissed off for tangible reasons, I don't start saying "things are shit and that's always the way it's going to be" then create a thread to generate ill feeling.

The fact is things are on the up, it's not going to happen overnight. The last thing we need is doom mongering threads.

Let's get it right, my two bug bears are kenwright and co and the belief that Moyes was some sort of genius. That's pure apathy which I can't stand.

The club is getting an appetite for expectations now, fans are getting disappointed when we aren't top 4 or winning fa cups... Yet some people are making cases that we are no better off than we were under a man who had 11 years of playing percentage football...

One of my two bug bears is sorted, I could get cracking on the other but will at least give him the summer to see how he will support this new manager, I don't think he will but I'm not going to create a new thread and gleefully say "I told you so" when it happens or doesn't more to the point.

Back to topic, 2-0 Everton.