IGNORED

Sergio Garcia

If he's good then £3m for a 30 year old striker doesn't matter. We need goals. Vic anichebe was £6m, there's the benchmark.

I don't care about the price. We need to be building a young side, not patching it up with stop gaps that need replacing every season or two. We can't work like that with our finances.

I don't care about the price. We need to be building a young side, not patching it up with stop gaps that need replacing every season or two. We can't work like that with our finances.

we need to build a winning side, and just as the adage "good enough, old enough" - works both ways

I'm with Mark on this, £3m bought us Stones and he's one for the future. He'll save us ruck loads of cash going forward, unless he's sold and he'll make us some.

I'd rather the money is overspent on seriously talented youngsters to build a team. Not wasting it one single season players.

Buying old players when we have enough of them that need replacing with very little money is not the way to go. That's my last on it.

if a 30 yr old get the goals which get us into The CL, we will get more money to invest in youth. Also, we've no idea what the financial situation is yet so who knows if its a massive chunk of our budget or a bit

if a 30 yr old get the goals which get us into The CL, we will get more money to invest in youth. Also, we've no idea what the financial situation is yet so who knows if its a massive chunk of our budget or a bit

Because he's shown over his career he's capable of that, right? If he was someone I could pin my hopes on then I'd be all for it. But he's a nothing player. I'd much rather spend more on someone younger with potential. Someone we could work with over a period of time.

Martinez seems to only think in the short-term (in relation to transfers). I don't like that at all.

Because he's shown over his career he's capable of that, right? If he was someone I could pin my hopes on then I'd be all for it. But he's a nothing player. I'd much rather spend more on someone younger with potential. Someone we could work with over a period of time.

Martinez seems to only think in the short-term (in relation to transfers). I don't like that at all.

McCarthy?

Kone

Alcaraz

Deulofeu

Lukaku

And I did say seems.

Fair enough you said seems, I think out of all of them apart from Lukaku he brought in as back up, McCarthy was his main target from the minute he took over, if he brings one or 2 players as good as him in each summer with a few loans to boost the numbers I'd be happy.

I didn't mean just you Mark, and not just this thread. Some papers talk shit and we always get a handful of people wound up. "The manager doesn't know what he's doing" and "why is he buying him" kind of posts. Where a more accurate response would be "this journo and all his mates are full of shit and made this up".

I just don't think we should be looking at dates of birth every time we are linked to a player, Gough, Martyn, Weir, Paul Power, Beardsley, Gray, Reid, etc have taught me that not every older player is going to be Ginola or Hughes.

Up front is a very tough position to fill - if we loaned a 15 goal a season striker every year till those goals got us top 4 and £££ then so be it.