IGNORED

James Milner

And only 28 so we would get a good few years out of him, arguably his best

proper pro too.

Its a strange one, but I watched him in a footballers golf tournament on sky, he impressed me with his will to win. Proper tried to get in the opponents head, no nicey nice "give you that 3 footer" - he made them hole them. Even though it was a charity event he just wanted to win. Old Jags was having a laugh (looked to have a good swing though)

I've never seen anything in him that warranted £24m being spent on him by City. Take £10m off that and it was closer to what he was worth at the time.

He works hard and runs around a lot, never giving anything less than 100%. Which is something to be commended for and appreciated. But I don't see anything great about him, never have.

Maybe he's one of those players I just don't "get". Everyone has them. But it can't be because he's not a player that does anything that stands out, because I love McCarthy. So I'm not too sure.

That was at a time they were throwing money around trying to establish themselves though, no reflection on the players ability.

That was at a time they were throwing money around trying to establish themselves though, no reflection on the players ability.

Yeah exactly, wasn't it the same season that they spent 32 on Robinho? Anyway, I would love to have James Milner at Everton, think he is a model professional and such a hard worker and he always tracks back as well which I like!! :)

Doesn't make any difference to anything I've said though? He's still not a great player IMO, just someone who's a good pro and will give 100%.

You quoted the price and said this was 10m too much, I was just saying that he shouldn't be judged by his price tag as it wasn't representing his ability. I was agreeing with you, just saying it was more down to Citys exuberance in the market and shouldn't reflect badly on the player. He is more than a work horse, going back to the initial point where I disagreed, but he was never worth 24m.

You quoted the price and said this was 10m too much, I was just saying that he shouldn't be judged by his price tag as it wasn't representing his ability. I was agreeing with you, just saying it was more down to Citys exuberance in the market and shouldn't reflect badly on the player. He is more than a work horse, going back to the initial point where I disagreed, but he was never worth 24m.

His ability represents his ability, and I don't rate him as having all that much, the fee was just an aside.

Mate, a city fan season ticket holder (I even know a city fan) said whoever gets him is getting a class player. said city would be nothing without the likes of Milner and kolorov, they give the side an element of professionalism.

Needs to play midfield to be really appreciated. Said the reason they beat bayern munich was down to Milner.

Mate, a city fan season ticket holder (I even know a city fan) said whoever gets him is getting a class player. said city would be nothing without the likes of Milner and kolorov, they give the side an element of professionalism.

Needs to play midfield to be really appreciated. Said the reason they beat bayern munich was down to Milner.

I think he's great and he is an "everton type player" as we like to say.

Unfortunately I think bigger sharks will be circling for him in the summer and he'll go to a team in the champions league which is a shame as he'd be absolutely loved here and probably the first name on the team sheet every week.

Doesn't make any difference to anything I've said though? He's still not a great player IMO, just someone who's a good pro and will give 100%.

I agree. At the right price he would be a very good signing but only at the right price.

I dont like him as winger at all because he just gets his head down and whips a ball in. He is actually a decent crosser but he doesn't think about the ball he is going to play in. As a central midfielder on the other hand I think he is a much better player but he can get caught out defensively.

All I can say is PLEASE, PLEASE YES!!!

Been a massive fan of Milner since his Newcastle days. Doesn't have the legs (well he was never THAT pacey) he had back then, but his work rate and professionalism is second to none.

His versatility could also be a massive boon, especially if we start to get consistent European football.

Never really liked him that much, but my judgement is clouded somewhat by who he's played for.

Certainly a good acquisition if it ever came about. He looked like a fish out of water for Citeh yesterday, not in terms of ability more as being a straight worker rather than a flashy member of an even flashier team.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...