IGNORED

James Milner

I'd take him for the right money. Since he will be going into the last year maybe a loan similar to Barry's deal. I don't think he excels in any one area but you can't dispute his commitment and he would be a great fit in the locker room.

exactly. If we could sign Barry and get Milner in a similar deal, I'd be very happy for CM

Again, yes for the right price... I swore we were linked with him a year or two ago and everyone was horrified. I don't really like him on the wing, but I think he can be a good squad player if we aren't paying his entire City wages...

Guest Nikica

I think he's underrated as well. People seem to slate him, but he's an honest pro who could be a valuable squad player. I think he's got more ability than he's given credit for too: beautiful cross on him, good decision maker and a fairly intelligent player.

Got to admit I've slagged him off in the England thread a few times. That's because I see him as a jack of all trades and master of none. If he was out of contract then yeah he'd be a good squad player, although I think after (hopefully) winning his second league title in 3 years he might want assurances about being a first choice player. Can't see this happening

Cant see it because I think he has really impressed over the last few games for City. He can play anywhere across the midfield and is an underrated footballer. The likes of The shite,Chelsea,Spurs would be in for him in a heartbeat

Cant see it because I think he has really impressed over the last few games for City. He can play anywhere across the midfield and is an underrated footballer. The likes of The shite,Chelsea,Spurs would be in for him in a heartbeat

Out of them would he get many guaranteed starts? I dont think he would, he would be a key player for us.

Out of them would he get many guaranteed starts? I dont think he would, he would be a key player for us.

Good point but how does Barry factor into all this? Would it be Barry McCarthy Milner and gibson rotating? I guess that could work and Milner could also play on the wing if need be. But would Barry and Milner both want to do that? My understanding is Barry would come here to start, not be on the bench again.

He would play every game for Spurs, He would play a lot under Jose as he is a worker and he loves that.He would get games at Liverpool in Coutiniho's role aswell. He would be outstanding for us don't get me wrong but players who have experienced playing in Title winning teams/Champs league teams are used to not playing every game and some I dare say welcome it :crying:

Oh no, that'd be dreadful. In City's title season, he was the one player on the pitch of whom I always thought, wth is this guy doing in this team. He always performed a couple of levels below the general team performance and yet Mancini would STILL line him up each time. Adam Johnson on the contrary wasn't always lined up, but when he was, he was awesome.

This is just my personal feeling about it, and I may be wrong, but I'd much rather have AJ than JM.

Oh no, that'd be dreadful. In City's title season, he was the one player on the pitch of whom I always thought, wth is this guy doing in this team. He always performed a couple of levels below the general team performance and yet Mancini would STILL line him up each time. Adam Johnson on the contrary wasn't always lined up, but when he was, he was awesome.

This is just my personal feeling about it, and I may be wrong, but I'd much rather have AJ than JM.

I expect 10 out of eleven players that have played with both would choose Milner. Johnsons career has a top player has gone :beer:

Aye, but play 15-20 games a season for ~£100,000 or 40 for ~£50,000? You know what most football players would do, unfortunetly.

• 2 weeks later...