IGNORED

James Milner

I think this has legs, I really hope so too. Absolutely ideal player for us, versatile, gritty, with experience.

I remember watching him in a golf tournament on sky, he's a gnarly fucker, he wouldn't concede 2ft putts to his opponent, giving him a right time of it. Basically he's someone who doesn't do losing. We need characters like him.

I would partner him with McCarthy, potentially brilliant.

Yes, big yes. Experienced player on top of his game, a true squad player but in title contenders. He would be a starter, he can fill in most gaps, tireless worker and underrated technical ability. He's not great at dribbling past players, but that's the job of McGeady, Mirallas and Deulofeu.

I have read in Sky Sports that City plan a clearout of the English players (Lescott, Rodwell, Barry, Sinclair, Richards, Milner...).

I would almost take them all on decent wages, and I imagine RM doing wonders with them. Who would you take? I was sceptic over those fringe England players at City but with Barry I was proven wrong by RM.

- Lescott is already a familiar face.

- Rodwell still has the potential to be a great player if he stays injury free and he's given a true chance

- Richards is a beast, he needs proper tactical and technical training, but he reminds me to Sakho.

- Sinclair, however, would not be up to Everton standards IMO, we can do better.

Pretty much agree with Kant and Haf on Milner but could see him at Spurs if he does go

I've always liked Richards seemed like he was going to be a world beater at one point then just fell off the radar and came back a brick shithouse but he needs first team football and let's face it no man is taking Coleman's spot unless he was used as a CB which he's decent at and is probably better suited there physically now.

I'd have them all at the right price and wages as all could do a job in some capacity but the only one I could see possibly nailing a first team spot is Sinclair surprisingly I think given game time and under a manager like Bobby he could become a better player.

Guest blueboy122

The one thing we can offer him above our rivals is a guaranteed start in his favoured central position. He would be an awesome partner for McCarthy.

And he wouldn't have to relocate which hopefully is a big selling point for him.

Wondering if we should be keeping Barry sweet and hopes he passes on the message to Milner. Still unsure about him but thats because I only remember him playing out wide where he doesnt look comfortable at all. Cant deny his work rate or attitude though.

He would not be a starter, and I feel he's fed up of the bench.

Only Everton could guarantee him reasonable playtime:

Liverpool have to fit Sturridge-Suarez-Sterling-Coutinho-Gerrard-Hendo in the lineup, and a) Milner is not better than any of them and B) would he want to become a sub? (or a defender? :D)

Spurs are shambles, and they have several players plus the ones they will purchase. They do not offer stability, and if I were Milner I would recall the experiences of Lamela and Soldado, plus Lennon and Townsend to play RW.

United do not seem interested.

If I were him I would go to Everton.

I think Henderson already does a similar job with Liverpool as a box-to-box mid with a good engine, so I can't really see him going there.

Not sure where he'll end up (might even be United after the Fellaini failure) though I think he could do really well for us in the centre of the park. I remember him putting in some stella performances there for Villa before his move to City. Also scored a ton of goals from that position, something we massively lacked last season with the deeper sitting Barry and McCarthy in the side.

I think Henderson already does a similar job with Liverpool as a box-to-box mid with a good engine, so I can't really see him going there.

Not sure where he'll end up (might even be United after the Fellaini failure) though I think he could do really well for us in the centre of the park. I remember him putting in some stella performances there for Villa before his move to City. Also scored a ton of goals from that position, something we massively lacked last season with the deeper sitting Barry and McCarthy in the side.

Can see the united fans being chuffed to bits if they swaped fellaini with milner...

He wont go to united, or Liverpool. It will probably be Spurs as they can afford to pay him decent wages.

Can see the united fans being chuffed to bits if they swaped fellaini with milner...

True. I think I've already adapted to the idea of United as a mid-table team :P

Not saying anything about his ability as it has all been said but apart from that, why would we want him?

I mean where would he fit in?

Box-to-box midfielder next to McCarthy. Would be able to provide more of a goal threat than Barry or McCarthy, and goals from centre midfield were something we greatly missed last season.

He'd also be able to play on the right as a more defensively secure option than Mirallas when the situation called for it. Could even provide cover for Coleman at a stretch if Roberto desired a more attacking option over the more defensive Stones, Browning and Hibbert.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I wouldn't mind him for that sort of fee. I never liked the thought of paying through the teeth for what is just a work horse.

A work horse who can tackle, very good distribution - his range of passing is excellent, can cross a ball better than the majority of the players in the league.

His problem is he can play a variety of positions and has therefore never been appreciated for the player he is. Can play in the middle, out wide, or right back. In the middle is his best position - he is captain material.

A very, very good player. It shows what is wrong with the game when he can't get into Man City's side, he is more consistent than many of their players, just not spectacular enough for them.

Thats very harsh mate

I've never seen anything in him that warranted £24m being spent on him by City. Take £10m off that and it was closer to what he was worth at the time.

He works hard and runs around a lot, never giving anything less than 100%. Which is something to be commended for and appreciated. But I don't see anything great about him, never have.

Maybe he's one of those players I just don't "get". Everyone has them. But it can't be because he's not a player that does anything that stands out, because I love McCarthy. So I'm not too sure.

A work horse who can tackle, very good distribution - his range of passing is excellent, can cross a ball better than the majority of the players in the league.

His problem is he can play a variety of positions and has therefore never been appreciated for the player he is. Can play in the middle, out wide, or right back. In the middle is his best position - he is captain material.

A very, very good player. It shows what is wrong with the game when he can't get into Man City's side, he is more consistent than many of their players, just not spectacular enough for them.

And only 28 so we would get a good few years out of him, arguably his best