IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Fucking hell, I'll bet Owen would have rather have gone to Stoke City than a move to Celtic Park. I have nothing against the Glasgow outfit, and prefer them over Rangers, but it wouldn't have been much of a contest with the latters omission from the SPL now. At least Owen would have got a higher tally up there than in the premier league, but it wouldn't have been much fun

There's no chance of Liverpool being relegated, the last time was about 1963 I think, in the old second division that is, and it won't happen again any time soon. There's a part of me that would relish such an occurance, but it's not going to happen. Rogers made a mistake moving to Anfield, I was aware of that before start of season, and so it proved. At least Dalglish got them challenging for something, just can't see that with the new guy. Probably a Top Ten finish at least, and another success run in a cup tourney is the best they can hope for, for end of season next year.

Imo they are playing just as bad if not worse but the key difference is RVP on fire up front.

They've got Fletcher back now so will be a lot harder to break down and give Scholes more freedom on the ball. Add Valencia to the wing and they look dangerous, however they severely lack in defence if Rio, Rafael, or Evra keep their places. Not a team of champions anymore, but a good spine depending on Fletcher's recovery. No where near as bad as Liverpool who have a dodgy keeper, and no goal threats with only a solid block in the centre mid/defence. The more you look at the Liverpool squad the more it's is believable they could be in a relegation battle this year more so if you take into consideration how they are struggling to adapt to a new system.

------------De Gea___________________

------------------Vidic_______________Agger Sktl

-----Fletcher Scholes_____________Allen Sahin

----------Kagawa

-------------RvP

Liverpool's mains strength at the moment is they're solid in the middle, but Kagawa and Scholes have the quality rip them apart and find RVP who is lethal. Plus given the amount of room Johnson leaves, this should be an easy win for United considering how much they played down the wings against us.

I read today that already Rogers is under siege from some supporters due to the poor start, I mean, let's give the guy a chance if it's your team. Some genuinely want a partnership of Gerrard and Carragher as co-managers, sort of what they had about a decade ago with Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier.

Rogers was doing a fine enough job at Swansea. I bet he feels maybe in retrospect, it wasn't the best decision. (taking the Anfield position)

They've got Fletcher back now so will be a lot harder to break down and give Scholes more freedom on the ball. Add Valencia to the wing and they look dangerous, however they severely lack in defence if Rio, Rafael, or Evra keep their places. Not a team of champions anymore, but a good spine depending on Fletcher's recovery. No where near as bad as Liverpool who have a dodgy keeper, and no goal threats with only a solid block in the centre mid/defence. The more you look at the Liverpool squad the more it's is believable they could be in a relegation battle this year more so if you take into consideration how they are struggling to adapt to a new system.

----------Kagawa

-------------RvP

Liverpool's mains strength at the moment is they're solid in the middle, but Kagawa and Scholes have the quality rip them apart and find RVP who is lethal. Plus given the amount of room Johnson leaves, this should be an easy win for United considering how much they played down the wings against us.

Its not just about the players but more about the way they are playing. Against Soton they applied almost no pressure on the ball whatsoever. Carrick and co were giving the Soton midfield 10 yards of room around the edge of the penalty area which meant they were asking for trouble. They still look good going forward, of which Kagawa and RVP are the most threatening but they are all over the place defensively. I dont know when the Manchester Derby is but even with Man City stuttering, I think they could be in for another thrashing.

I read today that already Rogers is under siege from some supporters due to the poor start, I mean, let's give the guy a chance if it's your team. Some genuinely want a partnership of Gerrard and Carragher as co-managers, sort of what they had about a decade ago with Roy Evans and Gerard Houllier.

Rogers was doing a fine enough job at Swansea. I bet he feels maybe in retrospect, it wasn't the best decision. (taking the Anfield position)

I actually spoke to a couple of Kopites in the pub over the weekend, and they were bashing Rodgers as well. He deserves some criticism for the amount he has spent on average players but he has been given barely any time to show what he can do. They even commented on how Gerrard was past it and that he constantly kept losing possession and had no influence on games whatsoever. Its not like a red to say something sensible!

Guest blueboy122

Its not just about the players but more about the way they are playing. Against Soton they applied almost no pressure on the ball whatsoever. Carrick and co were giving the Soton midfield 10 yards of room around the edge of the penalty area which meant they were asking for trouble. They still look good going forward, of which Kagawa and RVP are the most threatening but they are all over the place defensively. I dont know when the Manchester Derby is but even with Man City stuttering, I think they could be in for another thrashing.

I actually spoke to a couple of Kopites in the pub over the weekend, and they were bashing Rodgers as well. He deserves some criticism for the amount he has spent on average players but he has been given barely any time to show what he can do. They even commented on how Gerrard was past it and that he constantly kept losing possession and had no influence on games whatsoever. Its not like a red to say something sensible!

I have found with the kopites its always someone else's fault. Its always the manager never the over paid tossers such as Gerrard and the rest of the Liverpool players. When Kenny was in charge it was the board fault and if it wasnt the boards fault it was United fault and if it wasnt there fault it was Alex Fergusons fault and if it wasnt his fault it was the F.A and if it wasnt there fault it was Uefa's faut it was Fifa's fault and if it wasnt there fault it was the so called bitter blues fault and if it wasnt our fault it was torres's fault and if it wasnt torres fault it was Moyes fault and if it wasnt Moyes fault it was Toffeetalks fault. Get the jist?

So long as I wasn't culpable for once, I can live with all of the above.

I think it's great for Swansea having such a high profile name and former soccer great as new manager in Michael Laudrup, but they really should have stayed with Rogers. The Liverpool managers position may be a bit of a poisoned chalice to some. I think what we have here could be another example.

----------Kagawa

-------------RvP

That is a fair comment, but I dont think we will be relegated tbh.

I am baffled by the transfer window failings and the appointment of an unexperienced manager but what can we do. I guess we can strengthen in the January window ?

That is a fair comment, but I dont think we will be relegated tbh.

I am baffled by the transfer window failings and the appointment of an unexperienced manager but what can we do. I guess we can strengthen in the January window ?

Depends who you have in charge, if it's Brendan Rodgers spending the cash in January then I think you can kiss goodbye to a Top 10 finish.

I think Liverpool need to take a close look at Everton, and I don't mean that sarcastically. They strike me as a club with no roots to their history such have been the changes, and they appear not to have a foundation on which to rebuild. Football is not all about how much you spend, and sometimes about what you already have. What do they have? I just don't see where the nucleus is.

Too much has changed at the club tbh. And its puzzling how the owners can think its correct to run the club from the other side of the atlantic. David moores had his faults but he was a good Liverpool man who loved football

I dread to think how far Everton could go if Moyes had considerably more money to invest though

Guest blueboy122

I think Liverpool need to take a close look at Everton, and I don't mean that sarcastically. They strike me as a club with no roots to their history such have been the changes, and they appear not to have a foundation on which to rebuild. Football is not all about how much you spend, and sometimes about what you already have. What do they have? I just don't see where the nucleus is.

Spot on there mate. Shouldnt a good manager be able to work with what he has got?

Another point, every manager that has been to Liverpool has always had financial backing and spent millions.

And ended up with the likes of carroll and downing

I think both are great assets to any team squad but the problems lie elsewhere.

What liverpool have been doing in recent times is very comparable to laying expensive carpets over a hole in the floor. No matter how much money they spend, that hole will still be there, and there will never be a solid base on which to build.

In my opinion, they need to take huge steps backwards in order to move forwards, and strip back all the glitter so that hole can be repaired, but unfortunately their fans won't accept walking on a dirty floor while the work is done, and have the expectancy that the problem will disappear if they pretend it isn't there.

Accept a period of mediocrity while a good manager gets his hands dirty and forget history.

Just reading a preview of the secret footballer on a different site and he states that American journos - who also cover the Red sox - have said that the United game could be a deal breaker for Brendan Rogers.. He also goes on to say that he should be wary of the month of October....? What does that mean ffs?

Just reading a preview of the secret footballer on a different site and he states that American journos - who also cover the Red sox - have said that the United game could be a deal breaker for Brendan Rogers.. He also goes on to say that he should be wary of the month of October....? What does that mean ffs?

Could it mean they have a gypsy curse?

Ive been saying he'll be gone by Christmas.