IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Rogers inherited that squad apart from Sigurdson, so really the work had been done for him. He had a Failed stint at Reading (I think it was), went to Swansea and the promotion was his greatest achievement. I don't give him very long if he does get the job...

Think Martinez would do a better job (bring in youth, play attacking/passing football) But if I'm honest, I couldn't care less, nice guy, not sure he's Liverpool material though?

He seems like a really nice guy and whether they have been playing boring football or not Swansea have managed to stay in the league and stay in it well. Not so long ago he was being tipped for manager of the season so if I was a Liverpool fan I'd be really happy with this appointment. I'm happy that their 'King' did a god awful job and I'd be even more happy if Brendan fucks things up even further and puts Liverpool in the lower half of the league.

I guess the two questions on everyone's minds at the moment are;

1 - Will he do well at Liverpool?

2 - Will Swansea survive without him?

I agree he inherited a good squad, but he did a fantastic job of getting the swans up and keeping them up beating city, Liverpool in the process(should have done Chelsea at home as well). If I was a kopite knowing what they are like I would image most of them think thier club deserves a bigger name!! As for the swans, I think they are going to struggle next year with or without Rogers, teams had Sussed them out towards the end of the season(like we did at the liberty) and they don't have a plan B. I can't see Rogers doing any great things at Liverpool to be honest, I think he's more suited to the underdog type teams with no real big heads in the team.

Edited by mogsy

I do get the feeling that he will be another Roy Hodgson, he's not a big enough name for them and I believe as soon as results go against them they will start calling for his head. I doubt he will do the three years that he has signed with the club and I expect them to make no real progress with him at the helm.

I'm horrified at the thought of Martinez as our manager.

This. I really dont understand why people still rate Martinez, he is the same guy who managed Wigan at the start of the year when they were absolutely shite! and he's the one who got them into a relegation situation, for the second time in consecutive seasons! a few good results towards the end of the year and he is being considered as a manager for Liverpool!? and people would want him if Moyes went? The worlds gone mad!

I'm quite happy with Rodgers if FSG are prepared to give him the time and money.

3 yr contract with 30m to spend (is the rumour at least). My money is hes gone by Christmas.....

Oh and Martinez as our manager? The manager who has escaped relegation by getting his players to play the last couple of games reasonably in the past 2 seasons? Behave people. It was funny when he was linked with the reds, its down-right depressing linking him to us....

Edited by Matt

I'm quite happy with Rodgers if FSG are prepared to give him the time and money.

So if FSG give him enough money to buy your way back to top 4 you'll be happy!

If they'd given your last two managers enough money and time they could well have bought top 4.Sure Kenny and Roy would have needed a shed full of cash, but in the end ENOUGH cash and ENOUGH time and they could well have done it.

We all understand that it wont be fair if your not given enough cash to get yourselves back above Everton.

It will be hard to swallow when you all see how well Rodgers handles the press and the pr side of the job, it sure is going to make King Kenny look like a prick!

Rodgers inherits a multi million pound squad, he will be given megabucks to spend, maybe he can buy you a 4th or 5th position or even better....does that make him a great manager, or a manager who can buy top players and pay top wages?

If you finish below Everton again next season, does he survive!

No board at any club will ever give a manager unconditional time and money.

He'll get a budget (modest by your standards, huge by ours) and be expected to deliver significant progress....if he doesn't he'll be sacked. Time scale is pretty irrelevant.

Personally I think he's a better option than Martinez.....but I think Liverpool is so badly broken at the moment I'm with Matt, he'll be lucky to last the season.

Guest blueboy122

I think this will be a bad move for rodgers as I think it has come to early in his career. I have got a feeling that it will all end in tears for rodgers. Saying that Liverpool will probably go onto be champions of England now I have said it.

So if FSG give him enough money to buy your way back to top 4 you'll be happy!

If they'd given your last two managers enough money and time they could well have bought top 4.Sure Kenny and Roy would have needed a shed full of cash, but in the end ENOUGH cash and ENOUGH time and they could well have done it.

We all understand that it wont be fair if your not given enough cash to get yourselves back above Everton.

It will be hard to swallow when you all see how well Rodgers handles the press and the pr side of the job, it sure is going to make King Kenny look like a prick!

Rodgers inherits a multi million pound squad, he will be given megabucks to spend, maybe he can buy you a 4th or 5th position or even better....does that make him a great manager, or a manager who can buy top players and pay top wages?

If you finish below Everton again next season, does he survive!

big clubs have massive income streams they get to spend, it's tough shit really.

start winning things and millions of kids on every continent will begin to throw money at your club.

if you sit there though defending a chairman who either can't, or won't secure investment or sell up, and a manager who doesn't know how to win big games, then you can't really complain that other teams are getting to spend all the lovely money they earn.

only 2 teams in england get to spend money right out of their chairman's pockets, everyone else does it the hard way.

Guest blueboy122

big clubs have massive income streams they get to spend, it's tough shit really.

start winning things and millions of kids on every continent will begin to throw money at your club.

if you sit there though defending a chairman who either can't, or won't secure investment or sell up, and a manager who doesn't know how to win big games, then you can't really complain that other teams are getting to spend all the lovely money they earn.

only 2 teams in england get to spend money right out of their chairman's pockets, everyone else does it the hard way.

Ding Ding....

Mark Lawrenson...

"The chance for Brendan to manage a club which is in the top 10 in the country was too much to resist. It's a different challenge for him, the club will be expected to win every game."

Liverpool fans will love that rofl.gif.

Mark Lawrenson...

"The chance for Brendan to manage a club which is in the top 10 in the country was too much to resist. It's a different challenge for him, the club will be expected to win every game."

what, a slap of reality?

Mark Lawrenson...

They won't be next season ;)

Edited by mogsy

http://www1.skysport...ree-Rodgers-fee

Compensation agreed.

It was only goal difference keeping Swansea from the top 10 (same for Norwich as well), and only 5 points from Liverpool(who were gifted 6 points from Everton/Chelsea that would have put them to w/o them 12th), hardly a step up really, more of a step side-ways. Swansea on the up and Liverpool on the slide, bad decision imo, unless he has planned a head, knowing he'll probs be sacked by Feb, get his compo and go back to Swansea.

Edited by pete0

liverpool had lots of lovely money to spend last season, and spend it Kenny did, still couldn't finish above a team with a skint chairman and a loser of a manager!

For all yor massive outlay, huge wage bill etc, your going to need more than an odd carling cup win for kids to start throwing their money at you.

You didn't answer my question, if Brendon/liverpool finish below skint Everton again next season, do the yanks sack him?

liverpool had lots of lovely money to spend last season, and spend it Kenny did, still couldn't finish above a team with a skint chairman and a loser of a manager!

For all yor massive outlay, huge wage bill etc, your going to need more than an odd carling cup win for kids to start throwing their money at you.

You didn't answer my question, if Brendon/liverpool finish below skint Everton again next season, do the yanks sack him?

a skint chairman has nothing to do with it, like I said there's only 2 teams getting money off theirs. It's more a case of incompetence, don't you think?

and you didn't ask me the question, it was redside, but seen as you have now then yes, I imagine they will. Finishing below everton is not good enough, and a big underachievement.

on your other points...these kids already are throwing the money at us, our kits are the 4th highest sellers on the planet. our worldwide marketability means we can break records with our shirt sponsorship, and kit manufacturing deals, and this isn't a club from some huge european capital, it's the club a quarter mile from your own. It certainly weren't league cups that put us there, but don't kid yourself, you would kill for a small slice of success.

a skint chairman has nothing to do with it, like I said there's only 2 teams getting money off theirs. It's more a case of incompetence, don't you think?

and you didn't ask me the question, it was redside, but seen as you have now then yes, I imagine they will. Finishing below everton is not good enough, and a big underachievement.

on your other points...these kids already are throwing the money at us, our kits are the 4th highest sellers on the planet. our worldwide marketability means we can break records with our shirt sponsorship, and kit manufacturing deals, and this isn't a club from some huge european capital, it's the club a quarter mile from your own. It certainly weren't league cups that put us there, but don't kid yourself, you would kill for a small slice of success.

So, finishing below us this season was a big underachievement, does that mean finishing 3/4 places above us having spent mega millions more and paying sky high wages is a major success, even when you haven't actually won anything.So a major achievement for liverpool is to spend a fourtune and finish above their skint neighbour.....wow!

You can and have fluked the odd cup win, fair play to you, it's those that have kept your profile high amongst glory hunters, but you have to go back nearly as far as us to your last league title. As the wise old Brian Clough said "he would swap his european cup, FA cup and league cup wins for a championship medal"

You can't argue with your league position, except to say thank god you had generous owners, else where might you have finished.I know it must hurt to see an impoverished Everton above you.

You may finish above us next season, but let's be honest, it will probably depend on how much you spend.You are a mid-table team with your second lot of rich owners, your very, very lucky.

Most Evertonians would love an investor, but if it meant becoming the circus lfc have become, then personally, I'd rather not.

Edited by Blue 250