IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Guest Nikica

people just say mourinho always got money...i couldn't see porto spending that much and yet he won the champions league with them...did he spend all that much at inter? i'm sure they got a lot of money in also..and yet he won a treble there? you can't say he has always had money and claim his first major success is an exception to a rule..it's what earned him his chance to spend big as people say

The point is that Porto are the main superpower in Portugal these days, so he was only competing with better-funded clubs in the CL. I still think Porto got lucky that season but they were a good team.

Inter generally spend well (Moratti spends big money).The point I was making about Inter is that when Mourinho went there, Milan and Juve were still crippled by calciopoli, so it was really a one-team league. He won the treble, yes, but he did it with the ultra-defensive style he is known for, and the decisions that Inter got in the first leg of the semi against Barca were ridiculous. Even in the second leg, had Bojan's goal not been wrongly disallowed, barca would have been in the final

As for Chelsea - when he went there he had a blank cheque and Man United were in serious transition - their team was the worst in the PL era. He left just as United had built another strong team. He did the same at Inter as Milan started to recover. That's what he does - he leaves when other teams strengthen in case he is exposed. That's why I half expected him to leave Real this summer, so that Barca can't expose him as a one-season wonder in terms of knocking them off their perch. RM were brilliant this year and won the league, but Barca were seriously below par and suffered for trying to shoehorn Cesc Fabregas into the team. I expect them to come back strongly next season.

Look, I am not saying Mourinho is not a fantastic manager, because he is. I'm simply saying that circumstances have been very favourable to him, as outlined above. It takes nothing away from him as a coach.

However, he's classless because he constantly whinges about conspiracy, when actually his teams get more decisions than most.

Edited by Nikica

Guest Nikica

that's fair enough i thought you were saying he isn't any good..my bad

as for the classless thing..he's no worse than alex ferguson

Nah, I made it clear in my original post that I rate him highly, but he has had things go his way. In fairness, many managers have. As I say, it doesn't take much if anything away from him as a coach.

Ferguson is even more classless than Mourinho, he is scum.

Remember FC Porto also won the UEFA cup the year before the European Cup win so 2004 wasn't necessarily down to luck, they were a very good side for a few years at the time, I remember Monaco didn't turn up for the Final even, it was one sided from start to finish ?, but Mourinho, great manager and had a very good side.

I read reports someone that Drogba will leave in the summer, good, never liked him and will be pleased to see the back, but still a good player.

Guest Nikica

Remember FC Porto also won the UEFA cup the year before the European Cup win so 2004 wasn't necessarily down to luck, they were a very good side for a few years at the time, I remember Monaco didn't turn up for the Final even, it was one sided from start to finish ?, but Mourinho, great manager and had a very good side.

I read reports someone that Drogba will leave in the summer, good, never liked him and will be pleased to see the back, but still a good player.

Yep, I refer to that above ('ask Celtic'). To be fair I was pissing myself at the time but I would have been livid had it been my team that Porto dived all over the park against.

I agree they were a very good side, but their 2004 run was pretty fortunate imo.

Edited by Nikica

Today (25th May) is the 7th anniversary of the European Cup shock against AC Milan I believe, I wonder how much saturation coverage it will get on various shite boards..

A most painful experience I'll always remember, at half time I just turned off and went out fishing, big smiles etc.. a most nasty surprise was waiting..

That day must seem a very long way off right now to all involved up there.

The best they can hope for, whoever gets the job, is another unspectacular league season, and a run in the League Cup or to a lesser extent the FA cup. - league championships and another euro 'glory' will simply be a dream now..

Today (25th May) is the 7th anniversary of the European Cup shock against AC Milan I believe, I wonder how much saturation coverage it will get on various shite boards..

A most painful experience I'll always remember, at half time I just turned off and went out fishing, big smiles etc.. a most nasty surprise was waiting..

That day must seem a very long way off right now to all involved up there.

The best they can hope for, whoever gets the job, is another unspectacular league season, and a run in the League Cup or to a lesser extent the FA cup. - league championships and another euro 'glory' will simply be a dream now..

Gutted about this night, cost me £20shaking fist.png Never forgive Ancelloti for surrendering what should have been an absolute mauling. Blame Kaka as well for stopping to adjust his shin pad and so letting his marker get past him! The tool!!

the first was to cringe more than anythin...look at this quote

To me, following the biblical thing, Kenny Dalglish is, and always has been, Jesus Christ. Yes, maybe there was a Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. For those read Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish in whichever order you choose. (I'd have Shanks as the Big Boy, Paisley as the Spirit, but Kenny as the Jesus figure).

Brendan Rogers has a bit of sense.

They are a big successful club enriched in tradition as much as it pains me to say it and the possibility of being club manager must be tempting to somebody, that would be quite a pull.

And what would the shit do with £30,000,000 anyway, go and blow the whole lot on another one trick pony or lame signing, Carroll was an embarrassment to them for the most part.

I don't think Martinez is the right candidate all things considered, Rogers doesn't want to know it seems, so who else is out there. I hope they don't lure in Lambert or Adkins close season, I think they might too not to bad a job, if they were ever to leave their respective positions for a dream opportunity at Anfield.

I hope they get in the wrong man, or someone who does abysmal and they fail to do anything for years on end and embarrass themselves some more in the league etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18235961

Rodgers given in. Mustve given him a huge pay packet me thinks to get him to about-turn on his previous statements....