IGNORED

Kopite Thread

Just listening to something on the radio and was wondering, how long does Rodgers get as a 'settling in period' it's all fine and well being happy with individual performances, but it's a results game at the end of the day.

Any thoughts?

The owners, and fans, need to realise that he's inherited a pathetic squad and that it's going to take time for him to build his own squad, with players that are suited to the style of football he wants his side to be playing. He needs to be given at least 2 years to try and make that happen. I'm not saying the settling in period is a couple of years but just that it's going to be a bumpy ride for them while he tries to put his plans into action. He might fail (I hope he does) but you can't just give the man a few months before hounding him out when it's a monumental job he's got on his hands.

Is it a 'pathetic' squad? dont%20know.gif

It looks pretty good to me. I just think he needs time. Already I've seen them play better football, and I'm sure if he gets a few seasons they'll be back on track. I'm enjoying them being mediocre, but it won't last forever.

1. Jones

2. Johnson

3. Enrique

4. Sahin

5. Agger

7. Suarez

8. Gerrard

10. J Cole

11. Assaidi

12. Pacheco

14. Henderson

16. Coates

19. Downing

21. Lucas

22. D Wilson

23. Carragher

24. Allen

25. Reina

29. Borini

30. Suso

31. Sterling

32. Doni

33. Shelvey

34. Kelly

35. Coady

36. Yesil

37. Skrtel

38. Flanagan

42. Gulacsi

43. McLaughlin

45. Sama

47. Wisdom

48. Sinclair

49. Robinson

50. Morgan

52. Ward

Carroll

Spearing

Take Sahin, Assaidi and Allen out because he didn't inherit them. Those players show my point because he's improving the squad with the players he's bringing in. But yes, I would say it's a pretty bad squad. Apart from Suarez (and maybe Lucas if when he returns he's as influential as he was before the major injury) there aren't really any stand out players. Sterling could be a massive player for them but it's too early to give him such a tag yet. Gerrard would once have been a stand out player but he's on the decline. And then you've got mostly kids fleshing out the squad.

Edited by Romey 1878

Other than Agger and Lucas the players in their squad would struggle to get in to most top half team's starting 11.

Eg. Newcastle

Krul

Taylor Agger ?? Santon

Arfa Cabaye Lucas Guti

Ba Cisse (both scored more than goofy)

Eg.2 Fulham

Schwarzer

Reither Hangeland Agger ??

Duff Diarra Lucas ??

Ruiz Berba

Not until 10th place that Liverpool's players find their level.

Eg.3 WBA

Foster

Kelly Olssen Agger Enrique

Odemwingie Morrison Lucas Suarez

Long Lukaku

Guest blueboy122

Other than Agger and Lucas the players in their squad would struggle to get in to most top half team's starting 11.

Eg. Newcastle

Krul

Taylor Agger ?? Santon

Arfa Cabaye Lucas Guti

Ba Cisse (both scored more than goofy)

Eg.2 Fulham

Schwarzer

Reither Hangeland Agger ??

Duff Diarra Lucas ??

Ruiz Berba

Not until 10th place that Liverpool's players find their level.

Eg.3 WBA

Foster

Kelly Olssen Agger Enrique

Odemwingie Morrison Lucas Suarez

Long Lukaku

As if,

Suarez would get into every team in the top 4 end of. City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Us etc

He's undoubtedly a good player and I'm sure most teams in the top four would have him on ability but as said His conversion rate is shite if you see how many chances He needs to put one away in most games...

He's far from world class as many pundits brand him in my eyes and if he wasn't such a cunt and had no media attention for the obvious reasons He'd be less lauded.

The vast majority of their squad are either average mid table players or unknown quantities at the moment, Lucas has had one good season prior to that He's been shit and the delmbties think He's world class.

Three or four good players nothing more and if Rodgers is given time Im sure He would put together a good team but thankfully I very much doubt He will be given the time.

His strike rate says otherwise...

Suarez has 7 goals and 3 assists from 10 games in the league, and 3 cup goals playing for a struggling side. Only Van Persie has scored more with 8, and he plays for the team in first place. I'd say like Suarez or hate him, he is still one of the best strikers and would get in every side.

Suarez has 7 goals and 3 assists from 10 games in the league, and 3 cup goals playing for a struggling side. Only Van Persie has scored more with 8, and he plays for the team in first place. I'd say like Suarez or hate him, he is still one of the best strikers and would get in every side.

3 of those are against Norwich, just like he did last year and still only ended up with 11 for the season, he should be getting closer to 20 but he has the worst conversion rate in the league. Nowhere near enough goals for a striker that the team plays everything through.

Put a good ball into the box and he's the last striker I'd want to be on the end of it, waffle foot.

However good or talented the kid is, gets invariably overshadowed by his questionable behavior or inability to stay on his feet all to often, I have no time for those kinds of players, who fall over and get all fucking thespian and oscar nominated after being hit with a feather.

Is he still the best player in the Uruguay side? I don't remember too much about him when they reached the semi-finals of the World Cup in South Africa, it was mostly Forlan from what I can recall. All said, I think he's an overrated player also. More time needed showing your potential, not falling over, doing stupid dives in front of opposition dug outs and giving yourself a bad name.

Anyone daft enough to run over to him to help him celebrate, is likely to be greeted by a big 'kiss'....is it worth the risk, come on, it was only an important goal.

Unmarked tap in from inside the box. Should have run over to Carragher for the the knock on or whoever crossed the ball in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...