IGNORED

Best Strikers You've Seen At Everton

Hafnia

The only ones I've seen on your list haf are Yak and Saha... I honestly can't say who our best striker has been the last 5 or so years... Jela/Lukaku based on goals scored? That's so horrible lol

Edit: And yea I know I can't just base that off of goals since a forward has to do more than just score but I'm struggling right now

Edited by Toffee_in_LA

Very difficult for me to put Rooney at the top of a pure "strikers" list when he scored less than one in four (which puts him behind the likes of Sheedy and Heath, though admittedly they played in better teams).

Latchford, Sharp and Royle for me, in no particular order. Lineker also, but he obviously didn't have the longevity of the first three.

Can I just say Haf you said Yak was pretty decent.

But criticised Lukaku for being a "fox in the box" look at all Yakubu's goals for Everton.

As a forward yak was very very good. Left foot, right foot, strong, pace, could link up and then hit the box very Alan shearer like, bony is similar Until his injury he was immense

Very difficult for me to put Rooney at the top of a pure "strikers" list when he scored less than one in four (which puts him behind the likes of Sheedy and Heath, though admittedly they played in better teams).

Latchford, Sharp and Royle for me, in no particular order. Lineker also, but he obviously didn't have the longevity of the first three.

For me Rooney was up there with the very very best in terms of 17 years old and basically a brute. Technically brilliant, however he played in a shit team.

In today's team Rooney at 17 scores 20+.

For me Rooney was up there with the very very best in terms of 17 years old and basically a brute. Technically brilliant, however he played in a shit team.

In today's team Rooney at 17 scores 20+.

WOW........In one sentance, the entire reason for starting this thread.......just because someone said Lukaku was playing in a shit team!

You really are very sad.

You need to get out more.

WOW........In one sentance, the entire reason for starting this thread.......just because someone said Lukaku was playing in a shit team!

You really are very sad.

You need to get out more.

Really??? I think you are just a little paranoid.

Enjoy the thread, be interested to see you favourite Everton strikers.

Guest rusty747

Sharp and Gray 84-85 as a striking pair are imho the best we have ever had at Goodison. Not a fan of Lineker, mainly because we had to change the entire way we played to accommodate him. So Big Joe Royle and Latch would be next on the list for me.

Bit tricky really, don't really remember before Moyes took over, so not got much frame of reference.

Why 8 out of curiosity?

Increased it and made a change... on reflection Yak is not 3rd. I think I could be forgiven for falling into the whole "we got a pure goalscorer" thing that some do with Rom and in all honesty I made a misjudgement with Yak. I've promoted Dunc ahead of Saha (talent wise Saha was 1st, Rooney 2nd, Ferguson 3rd.)

1. Rooney

2. Lineker

3. Beardsley

4. Gray

5. Sharp

6. Yak

7. Ferguson

8. Saha

9. Eto - just based on some of the things we have seen that he can do - I expect far more though, far more.

10. Campbell - saved us from relegation, simple as that

Increased it and made a change... on reflection Yak is not 3rd. I think I could be forgiven for falling into the whole "we got a pure goalscorer" thing that some do with Rom and in all honesty I made a misjudgement with Yak. I've promoted Dunc ahead of Saha (talent wise Saha was 1st, Rooney 2nd, Ferguson 3rd.)

1. Rooney

2. Lineker

3. Beardsley

4. Gray

5. Sharp

6. Yak

7. Ferguson

8. Saha

9. Eto - just based on some of the things we have seen that he can do - I expect far more though, far more.

10. Campbell - saved us from relegation, simple as that

Can't argue with the older players, I've nothing but stories and the occasional youtube clip to go on. I do remember loving Beardsley though for what reason I don't know.

I also loved Saha, but don't know how he can make the top 10 considering he was permanently injured and Campbell did exactly the same as Jelavic but with different league standings.

Quick Q, whats the criteria for "best striker" in your opinion?

Can't argue with the older players, I've nothing but stories and the occasional youtube clip to go on. I do remember loving Beardsley though for what reason I don't know.

I also loved Saha, but don't know how he can make the top 10 considering he was permanently injured and Campbell did exactly the same as Jelavic but with different league standings.

Quick Q, whats the criteria for "best striker" in your opinion?

A bit of both:- what they acheived for us and ability.

Example being Dunc could and should really have been number 1, Rooney has to be number 1 because at the time he played for us I never had seen anything like it before or since, he was like our own Pele.

I guess its all vedry subjective. If Rom sorts his game out which unfortunately I don't think he will, he has the tool to get on there as he does know where the net is.

A bit of both:- what they acheived for us and ability.

Example being Dunc could and should really have been number 1, Rooney has to be number 1 because at the time he played for us I never had seen anything like it before or since, he was like our own Pele.

I guess its all vedry subjective. If Rom sorts his game out which unfortunately I don't think he will, he has the tool to get on there as he does know where the net is.

why didn't you mention that before :P

Fair enough, I look at a striker for the goals scored and the type of goals scored.

1. Rooney - agreed with you on everything

2. Saha - when he was fit, and not having to play the wings, he was lethal. Loved watching him play, technically he was astounding.

3. Naismith - intelligence, poacher, hard-worker.

4. Dunc - mostly on heart alone but so many important goals.

5. Jelavic - hard worker, clinical finisher

6. Lukaku - you know why ;)

7. Yak - on pure instinct and finishing ability

In no particular order:

Eddie Wainwright

Jock Dodds

Dave Hickson

The worst:

Albert Juliussen

Once saw Albert (about 1948) put through with only the goalie to beat. Side-footed it against the post. It came back to him and he side-footed it against the post again. It came back to him again and he side-footed it three yards wide. I can still see it as though it happened last Saturday!

In no particular order:

Eddie Wainwright

Jock Dodds

Dave Hickson

The worst:

Albert Juliussen

Once saw Albert (about 1948) put through with only the goalie to beat. Side-footed it against the post. It came back to him and he side-footed it against the post again. It came back to him again and he side-footed it three yards wide. I can still see it as though it happened last Saturday!

best post so far!

• 2 weeks later...

ALEX YOUNG

ROY VERNON

JOE ROYAL

BOB LATCHFORD

GARY LINIKER

GRAHAM SHARP

PETER BEARDSLEY

ANDY GRAY

BIG DUNC

WAYNE ROONEY

This one is a very good list, i have just one change to make, Take Young from the top and slide him in below Lineker. I would put the "Golden Ghost" as one of the best footballers, but he was never the best Striker.

Edited by Bill

This one is a very good list, i have just one change to make, Take Young from the top and slide him in below Lineker. I would put the "Golden Ghost" as one of the best footballers, but he was never the best Striker.

I forgot Duncan McKenzie not a prolific scorer but great entertainer worth the entrance money in the dismal 70s