IGNORED

Footballers you have met - how did it go!

Hafnia

Bobby Robson at craven cottage about 10 of so years ago.

He was exactly how I hoped he would be; very witty, extremely sharp and didn't care if he upset anyone while telling his stories.

Poor Lua Lua copped untold shit that day.

According to Sir Bobby he was the worst footballer he had ever worked with.

Met Tim Cahill in New Brighton, he was opening a new restaurant a long with Van Der Meyde. I was in the boozer opposite the restaurant. First of all asked Van Der Meyde for his autograph he just pointed at Cahill.... Point blank refused. Asked Tim and he came straight over and signed my t-shirt with a biro! Top bloke! Van Der Meyde was an ignorant cart.

Also met Lee Carsley in revolution bar in town..... In the toilets!!! No autograph but shook his hand!

Met Bill Shankley when he was manager of Huddersfield Town in 1958. He introduced me to a young lad stood next to him and said 'let me introduce you to a future Scottish International'. It was a 16 year old Dennis Law. Met Dennis Law about 15 years ago and during a long chat I mentioned the above but he obviously didn't remember it.

Got presented with a bottle of champagne by Bobby Moore.

Met a lot of Leeds United players particularly big Jack Charlton. Once played against a Leeds United X1 which included Don Revie who was playing centre-half. I was playing centre-forward and the Don was giving me advice throughout the whole game. Brilliant experience.

Played for a North of England X1 which included goalkeeper Bob Wilson (before he became famous) and also played against him several times when he played for Loughborough College.

Played golf at the Belfry with Gordon Banks. The round took over 5 hours and we talked football the whole way round.

Geoff Hurst when I was about eight or nine, didn't speak to him but my dad did when he sat next to us at a Guildford City v West Ham friendly. Also when I was a kid two other "notable" Guildford players, Terry Dyson who played in the Spurs double winning side in 60/61, superb winger who was still a force pushing forty and Gary Peters who went on to be David Moyes boss at Preston!

Most of the "crazy gang" Wimbledon squad in the 'eighties because I worked half a mile from Plough Lane and used to see them in the pub regularly. Soundest were Alan Cork and Bobby Gould (who was the manager for a few years); biggest twat was (unsurprisingly) Vinnie Jones who sat surrounded by his sycophants giving it the big "I am".

Only Everton player I've met was a brief chat with Duncan McKenzie outside Goodison earlier this year, proper gent but I expected nothing less.

Oh, and I've had three or four phone conversations with Bill Kenwright, but he's not a footballer and it was business anyway so football didn't come up.

When I worked in Windsor we used to go to a pub in Windsor at lunchtime. Peter Osgood was usually in there and used to join us regularly as his sister worked for our firm. I was once travelling back to Leeds from London by train when we were kicked off at some remote station due to a problem with the train. I found myself standing next to Alf Ramsey who was on his way to watch a game at Elland Road. As I would be passing Elland Road on my way home to Morley I offered him a lift but he said he had transport arranged. When we got into Leeds he sought me out to thank me again for my offer - top man.

I may post some more if I can remember!

John H - those are unlikely to be topped.

My brother did have a picture taken with Dixie Dean, he had a penalty shoot out and Dixie was there in his wheel chair.

My experiences:-

Paul ince - absolute bellend. Simple as that.

John ebbrell - had a few chats with him and user to chat to his dad watching the game. Absolute gent. Nice a lad as you could wish to meet.

Graeme Sharp - like talking to a bloke in the pub. Honest as you like, chilled and chatty. Had a bevvie with him.

Derek mountfield - good laugh, big fella, looks better now than he did in the 80's.

Robbie Fowler - decent. Had a good laugh taking the pissout of graham le saux. He was gutted about the shit he got from Everton fans, said it went way too far.

Denis wise - full of himself, gave him some stick though which he took.

Richard gough and mendieta - had photo taken with them on beach. Gough recognised my accent, I told him I was an Everton fan "now that's a proper club" he said to mendieta.

Alan Wright - quality bloke. Was at our hotel and me him and his mate were drinking rum cocktails at 12pm - he had a match later on! his wife made him switch hotels as all the other lads were being a bit naughty. Namely Mickey Gray and Matt Jansen.

The few above from Denis wise was in Barbados and the ex premier legends we're staying in our hotel. So that was a cheat really. Anton Ferdinand was there and was not in a good place with the John Terry thing. His mate told me a bit about it.

Mark Wright - not bad for red shite. Watched the derby in a pub standing next to him and we gave each other some stick "mikel madar" played. Had a pint and a chat afterwards and he was sound.

I used to work at Old Trafford, Maine Road and Etihad stadium with access to the tunnels to the pitch. Shook hands with some of the biggest names of the game, though no chatting involved.

Also met Sir Bobby Charlton for 'that' Old Trafford Arsenal clash, got invited to watch the game with him after I made a joke with him. Lovely man :)

Can't believe I forgot this! When I was at school in Liverpool, about 1949, Peter Farrell the Everton captain was invited to the school. He was asked to give a talk to the school team. He asked who was centre-half and I put my hand up. He spoke directly to me for about five minutes about centre-half play. I was totally transmogrified and my knees were knocking. No one else got the treatment and I was a hero at school (at least amongst the Everton supporters) for the rest of my time there. In those days Peter Farrell was revered as much as the top stars today. My Dad was a musician and was once playing at a do where Stanley Matthews was present. He got an autograph which said 'To Michael(my brother) and John very best wishes from Stanley Matthews'. We were about ten years old. Don't know what happened to it, wish I still had it.

Duncan Ferguson away to Leicester.

We won with a Cadamertri penalty in injury time.

Big Dunc sat next to us with a bunch of rowdy friends. They were asked several times to calm down and Dunc had a word with them each time.

When the penalty went in the stand erupted and Dunc was throwing my friend into the air while I was trying to jump on him...but we was huge and I kept bouncing off.

Can always remember him as being human just like us. Friendly and on the same level, a real Everton fan.

Duncan Ferguson away to Leicester.

We won with a Cadamertri penalty in injury time.

Big Dunc sat next to us with a bunch of rowdy friends. They were asked several times to calm down and Dunc had a word with them each time.

When the penalty went in the stand erupted and Dunc was throwing my friend into the air while I was trying to jump on him...but we was huge and I kept bouncing off.

Can always remember him as being human just like us. Friendly and on the same level, a real Everton fan.

Talking of Ferguson; did you know he's followed in Rooney's footsteps and had work done on his bonce? :P

Met duncan Ferguson, sharply and sherry at the end of year awards. Sherry very shy and made me nervous, sharply was great but Duncan was the best. I approached him whilst they where being served drinks and was ushered away by security. Duncan told the fella to leave it out and asked me over. Got autograph and spoke with him. Top fella.

Met duncan Ferguson, sharply and sherry at the end of year awards. Sherry very shy and made me nervous, sharply was great but Duncan was the best. I approached him whilst they where being served drinks and was ushered away by security. Duncan told the fella to leave it out and asked me over. Got autograph and spoke with him. Top fella.

Guessing "sharply" is Graeme Sharp but "sherry" has me stumped :huh:.