IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

Howard had started to dive when the shot was deflected. He can't just alter the laws of physics to dive again mid-air!

Haha not saying that. On replays he was close his arm just wasn't long enough. Robles with his reach wouldn't have had a problem. De gea wouldn't have had it, too short, but courtouis would.

Beeing cheeky because in honesty Robles would have had it with his reach, but it's not due to quality of keeper.

Haha not saying that. On replays he was close his arm just wasn't long enough. Robles with his reach wouldn't have had a problem. De gea wouldn't have had it, too short, but courtouis would.

Beeing cheeky because in honesty Robles would have had it with his reach, but it's not due to quality of keeper.

I see what you mean, but there's no guarantee Robles would've reacted the same way. Moot point, he wasn't playing and the deflection happened mid dive.

His distribution today was nothing short of shocking.

Hope you're prepared for another season of him in goal next season. It scares me if I'm honest. I've just lost all confidence in him and I think some of the players have as well. A few times today he decided not to come and put us in a bit of trouble.

Hope you're prepared for another season of him in goal next season. It scares me if I'm honest. I've just lost all confidence in him and I think some of the players have as well. A few times today he decided not to come and put us in a bit of trouble.

He was all over the place, never seen the first properly but looked like he could have done better from where I was but never had a great view so could be off the mark with that.

He passed out to Stones at one point on the edge of our box when there was a man right on him, that almost cost us, he just seems to get erratic and the defence look terrified and shambolic with him in goal.

I can't believe Martinez is giving him another season as No1 I think it could ultimately be his downfall because he'll cost us again all season I guarantee it.

He was all over the place, never seen the first properly but looked like he could have done better from where I was but never had a great view so could be off the mark with that.

He passed out to Stones at one point on the edge of our box when there was a man right on him, that almost cost us, he just seems to get erratic and the defence look terrified and shambolic with him in goal.

I can't believe Martinez is giving him another season as No1 I think it could ultimately be his downfall because he'll cost us again all season I guarantee it.

I think a quality keeper would have saved the first one and to be honest that's what I feel about most goals that go past him. I just find myself thinking he should do better. He's been a good servant and a good goalkeeper to Everton football club but like all players, age eventually catches up with you and this is obviously the case for him. He should be off in the summer and I'm sure he could do another 3/4 season in the MLS but for some reason Martinez feels he should still be our number 1 next season. I agree that he's going to cost us again, and when he does so, it will be Martinez I will be blaming because we've seen his plain and obvious decline this season and why he hasn't completely baffles me.

I think a quality keeper would have saved the first one and to be honest that's what I feel about most goals that go past him. I just find myself thinking he should do better. He's been a good servant and a good goalkeeper to Everton football club but like all players, age eventually catches up with you and this is obviously the case for him. He should be off in the summer and I'm sure he could do another 3/4 season in the MLS but for some reason Martinez feels he should still be our number 1 next season. I agree that he's going to cost us again, and when he does so, it will be Martinez I will be blaming because we've seen his plain and obvious decline this season and why he hasn't completely baffles me.

Totally agree mate.

Seriously can't understand blaming a keeper for a deflected goal. De Gea and the rest may have saved it, but then again maybe not. Either way, those keepers cost 15m+ and no amount of money buys good fortune.

I think the discussion about the deflected goal is irrelevant the man is past it his reflex's are gone, lead in his boots.

his kicking is poor he wont come off his line to help anyone and you can see the fear in the back fours play

with the extra money available through sky 15 mil is not a lot for a top keeper and an extra 3 or 4 places up

the league you can knock 4 mil off that.

but Evertons problems lie with Robertos unwillingness to change

and next season will be exactly the same.

Edited by seve

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Aidan lewis

Robles was understandably edgy at first but like many have said he had developed well in the games he has had. Personally I think the time is coming where Howard needs to either hang up his gloves or end his career back home, although that kills me to say it he has been one of the signings of my generation for Everton. Robles can do the job and can do it well IMO.

• 4 weeks later...

Any update of the Tim back to USA situation?

If he left, what is the financial situation? Would the club let him go for a humanitarian reason? Maybe a give-away fee for an MLS club?

Martinez is our manager, he would definitely let Howard go for humanitarian reasons.

I'd let him go because he's a bit poo.

his name alone should be worth something to a team there. At his age he could play 2 more years in that league even at his current form. He would be an easy sell.

May be so, but what further info is there on the subject? The Heaton thing has gone really quiet...does this mean that Tim's not going home or does it mean it's all gone quiet because Heaton is a real starter?

Everton never seem to just sign someone that is not on teveryone's radar...every transaction is a long drawn-out affair, (See Gerry and Cleverley) I'm just wondering whether the Heaton deal is different.