IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

Matt Howard has cost us a LOT of points this season. A new quality keeper is a must for me, an absolute must.

So what exactly is your problem with Joel? Hasn't he proved, in a month-long series of games, that he has the potential to be a great replacement? The grass always looks greener, as they say, an attitude that's been behind many expensive mistakes.

If you're taking that as gospel I presume you think Adrian is better than Courtois and Hart then?

Hart and courtous have some of the best defenders in the world in front of them, I'd love to see either play for queens park and see how good they are. Not saying they're not good just a good defense makes a keeper look good (see Tim Howard).

Robles for me next year, spent some quid give him a chance.

So what exactly is your problem with Joel? Hasn't he proved, in a month-long series of games, that he has the potential to be a great replacement? The grass always looks greener, as they say, an attitude that's been behind many expensive mistakes.

I don't have aproblem with Joel but 3 decent games doesn't mean he's good enough to be our number 1. He's still learning and making wodful mistakes. We need a new keeper end of.

Joel was acceptable this season because ANYTHING was better than the clown we had it doesn't mean he's acceptable as our regular number 1 to me.

Im not backing Howard here but one thing that should be taken into contention is how shit Everton are. Its been a feature of our play this season that our defenders and midfielders just stand off and give the opposition all the time in the world on the ball. If a player is under no pressure he is always going to get a more accurate / powerful shot off

Hart and courtous have some of the best defenders in the world in front of them, I'd love to see either play for queens park and see how good they are. Not saying they're not good just a good defense makes a keeper look good (see Tim Howard).

Robles for me next year, spent some quid give him a chance.

yep, great idea, lets take a chance of pissing another season up the wall by going with another suspect AND unproven keeper.

Where do we decide to change it if he flops, January when we're 15th again and eins off 10th.

Fact is we need a proven premier standard keeper to replace Howard. Joel done ok when he come in but he's still prone to absolute howlers.

And yes, Begovic pisses all over him in terms of ability and experience.

I don't have aproblem with Joel but 3 decent games doesn't mean he's good enough to be our number 1. He's still learning and making wodful mistakes. We need a new keeper end of.

Joel was acceptable this season because ANYTHING was better than the clown we had it doesn't mean he's acceptable as our regular number 1 to me.

If he gets to play for most of the remaining games this season and does well, would that change your mind?

If he gets to play for most of the remaining games this season and does well, would that change your mind?

not a cat in hells chance of Roberto dropping Timmy (a good chance of timmy dropping a clanger)

Edited by seve

He wont though, that's the problem. I'd love him to get the last matches this season so he can be assessed properly. He's going to need a run sooner or later to prove his worth. I'm ot sure I want that run to be going into September of next season when the windows shut and we're then stuck with another keeper who's costing us games.

He may well prove me wrong Steve, I hope he does but I'm not sure I want to take that gamble with him.

One swallow doesn't make a summer .

Matt Howard has cost us a LOT of points this season. A new quality keeper is a must for me, an absolute must.

Hence looking into an ambitious loan for a season to get a better option than Howard. I still think Robles showed he's got the quality to be our number 1 if all else fails. At least for a season.

Replacing Howard is going to take 15m at least. Attacking players, a future CB are more important to me than Howard.

Edited by Matt

Doubt it, he's saying Howard needs to be replaced.

I agree with Pad on this one.

Robles is a slight improvement on Howard just to bad form but there's not enough difference to change out fortunes.

We need a replacement long term for him.

But I also agree that it's not as much as a priority as other positions.

Howard doesn't look nearly as bad when the team and defence are playing well.

Robles didn't do anything spectacular for me and could have easily been punished for a few lacks of concentration...but luckily for him he wasn't.

I disagree with the above its of the utmost importance we need a keeper a good one saves you 10 to 15 points a season

this one costs us that regardless how the defence is playing.

this season if it gets past the back 4 its a goal and that's not counting the dropped balls and the slapped corners

begovic has not signed a new contract yet wont be to expensive as hes near the end of his current one

also cech says he wants a move you never know till you try

and in January I suggested shay given as a short term replacement and was told on this sight he was past it

he then played 3 or 4 games for villa and was magnificent despite having a poor defence in front of him that's what tim fails to do

my last point why does it take 15mil for a new keeper tim was 1.5 mil and a lot of you think that was good value. (not me)

I disagree with the above its of the utmost importance we need a keeper a good one saves you 10 to 15 points a season

this one costs us that regardless how the defence is playing.

this season if it gets past the back 4 its a goal and that's not counting the dropped balls and the slapped corners

begovic has not signed a new contract yet wont be to expensive as hes near the end of his current one

also cech says he wants a move you never know till you try

and in January I suggested shay given as a short term replacement and was told on this sight he was past it

he then played 3 or 4 games for villa and was magnificent despite having a poor defence in front of him that's what tim fails to do

my last point why does it take 15mil for a new keeper tim was 1.5 mil and a lot of you think that was good value. (not me)

Good old Crusty.

Never waivered for a split second from his Howard stance.

Had it spot on from the start even if I thought you were a troll :lol:

I quite like Krul... stats above aren't great for him either but at 26 his best years are ahead and he knows this league. He's not had a good season with injuries but I still think he'd be a good successor to Howard. Sure I read that he could be on his way out at NUFC this summer too.

I quite like Krul... stats above aren't great for him either but at 26 his best years are ahead and he knows this league. He's not had a good season with injuries but I still think he'd be a good successor to Howard. Sure I read that he could be on his way out at NUFC this summer too.

Yer Krul is a half decent keeper.

If we're going for a long term replacement for Howard then Cech shouldn't even be mentioned.

At 32/33 he could easily have another 5 years in him. If there's a chance he should be a no brainer in terms of quality - I think he'll have more lucrative offers though.

If he wins us games I don't give a fuck.

A bit of a dying breed, maybe, but I don't believe in the mantra of winning at all costs. Teams can win by spending billions in cash. They can win by intimidating and threatening. They can win by cheating. Some just look at the final score. Rightly or wrongly, I don't.

A bit of a dying breed, maybe, but I don't believe in the mantra of winning at all costs. Teams can win by spending billions in cash. They can win by intimidating and threatening. They can win by cheating. Some just look at the final score. Rightly or wrongly, I don't.

Nope, nice guys don't win.

Thought Tim was good today, good reaction saves which will no doubt his fault for having to make them in the first place.

Also, I saw Vorm playing for Spurs today, assume Lloris is injured? Anyway, might be worth a bid if we can guarantee first team football, and would be excellent competition for Joel for the number 1 spot (if Howard leaves)

Thought Tim was good today, good reaction saves which will no doubt his fault for having to make them in the first place.

Also, I saw Vorm playing for Spurs today, assume Lloris is injured? Anyway, might be worth a bid if we can guarantee first team football, and would be excellent competition for Joel for the number 1 spot (if Howard leaves)

When, not if. I can't believe for one moment that he'll be playing for Everton next season, and you can take that one to the vault! :)