IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

Thought Tim was good today, good reaction saves which will no doubt his fault for having to make them in the first place.

Lets be honest, Matt, for that Pelle save he'd put himself in no man's land with his positioning. He should have had that ball all day long. BUT, it was an absolutely class save after that. Truly up there with the best you'll see.

• 1 month later...

My priorities:

Mirallas tied down

Another top winger

Lennon signed

Young good prospect CB

Cover CF - good quality

Ball playing central midfielder (if Barkley isn't going to be moved there)

Not asking for much like!

matt in your opinion what are 123 priorities? not fishing for an argument, just want to hear what you think needs improved.

Creative midfielder

Winger

Forward

That would be my three priorities.

Bingo. I'd add CB and RB to that list before 'keeper too.

Most important position on the pitch,his worst season yet has a couple of ordinary gams in April (where he did not cock up)

and the first six months of the season are ignored

just shows total lack of ambition and the direction we are heading in.

Martinez totally ignoring the fact of leaking goals was our biggest problem,

but you would expect me to say that, so after 55 years I wont be attending goodison park next season.

Most important position on the pitch,his worst season yet has a couple of ordinary gams in April (where he did not cock up)

and the first six months of the season are ignored

just shows total lack of ambition and the direction we are heading in.

Martinez totally ignoring the fact of leaking goals was our biggest problem,

but you would expect me to say that, so after 55 years I wont be attending goodison park next season.

You're not going the game because Howard is sticking around?

To be fair Crusty, Tim had a few really good games since he's been back, also quite a few clean sheets.

When Robles had three clean sheets he was the new messiah although he also got lucky on a few occasions that we all picked up on.

Doesn't Tim deserve the same treatment?

To be fair Crusty, Tim had a few really good games since he's been back, also quite a few clean sheets.

When Robles had three clean sheets he was the new messiah although he also got lucky on a few occasions that we all picked up on.

Doesn't Tim deserve the same treatment?

Im not sure about quite a few clean sheets in proportion to Robles 3 on the trot in very few games

I like the way you say Robles was lucky but Tim had good games a bit of bias there?

I thought his treatment was shameful, when Tim was fit again and reinstated it must have drained what little confidence he had

I can not for the life of me see how a good April makes up for a pathetic 6 months, most of his games in April he never had a save to make ie man u

and he just let 3 in against a relegation side.

I don't even know if Robles is the answer I only Know Tim is not

Edited by seve

Im not sure about quite a few clean sheets in proportion to Robles 3 on the trot in very few games

I like the way you say Robles was lucky but Tim had good games a bit of bias there?

I thought his treatment was shameful, when Tim was fit again and reinstated it must have drained what little confidence he had

I can not for the life of me see how a good April makes up for a pathetic 6 months, most of his games in April he never had a save to make ie man u

and he just let 3 in against a relegation side.

I don't even know if Robles is the answer I only Know Tim is not

I dont see Tim at fault for any of the 3 against Villa, he has had a piss poor season yes, but to lay blame on him for those goals is beyond me. He has made some crucial saves at crucial points the last month. You're right - it does not out weigh the negatives, however its not fair to give undue criticism.

i'm with crusty, i don't think GK is the more important position on the pitch, but it's an extremely important one. Marshalls the defense and keeps them in position and defends the goal. 2 large duties there, and Howard is just past it, but RM has spoken so the only thing we can hope for is an injury and Robles gets a full run out with the Griffiths or Stindrich lads backup.

I dont see Tim at fault for any of the 3 against Villa, he has had a piss poor season yes, but to lay blame on him for those goals is beyond me. He has made some crucial saves at crucial points the last month. You're right - it does not out weigh the negatives, however its not fair to give undue criticism.

You could say he saw the first one coming in from a long way out for the first header that depends on what you think a good keeper should do

he could have come out he saw it was in the air for long enough, let jags know he was coming and at least given benteke something to think about

I find it a strange comment when he let 3 in it was nothing to do with him, like when he let 5 in in Europe nothing to do with him

it sounds like you are making my case for, if a goal goes in Tim is not interfering with play.

There are people like Czech, kasper schmeichel, begovic out there for not a lot of money.

by the way I did not say it was his fault he let 3 in against villa I just said he let thee in against a relegation side

Edited by seve

I agree Robles was treated unfairly after some good performances.

What I mean about being lucky are the moments where a better forward would have punished him...let's face it there were a few.

And Robles three clean sheets were as.much about the defence as him...He wasn't making ten works class saves a match to keep us in the match.

Now Tims 3 in 4 matches statistically should match that shouldn't it?

But for some reason it's not as good...that's the bit that boggles me.

Two players have pretry much identical records but one is better than the other.

You could say he saw the first one coming in from a long way out for the first header that depends on what you think a good keeper should dohe could have come out he saw it was in the air for long enough, let jags know he was coming and at least given benteke something to think aboutI find it a strange comment when he let 3 in it was nothing to do with him, like when he let 5 in in Europe nothing to do with himit sounds like you are making my case for, if a goal goes in Tim is not interfering with play.There are people like Czech, kasper schmeichel, begovic out there for not a lot of money.by the way I did not say it was his fault he let 3 in against villa I just said he let thee in against a relegation side

Benteke is probably the hardest striker for a keeper to come out ( a long way ) and claim against. Look at how Coleman managed to keep Harper off the ball for Jags. For that goal if you watch where Jags came from to mark him, it's more on him for me. Not many keepers would have stopped any of those in the Kyiv game, infact I do recall Tim making a class save when we were perhaps down 1-0. I think perhaps you need to stand behind the goals for a game and witness how quickly it happens. He's been at fault for plenty, but sometimes there is nothing a keeper can do.

I agree Robles was treated unfairly after some good performances.

What I mean about being lucky are the moments where a better forward would have punished him...let's face it there were a few.

And Robles three clean sheets were as.much about the defence as him...He wasn't making ten works class saves a match to keep us in the match.

Now Tims 3 in 4 matches statistically should match that shouldn't it?

But for some reason it's not as good...that's the bit that boggles me.

Two players have pretry much identical records but one is better than the other.

So you are saying Robles 3 clean sheets were because the striker was piss poor or the defence was better

the same defence Tim was behind,for his first 4 months of the season and I take it tims 3 clean sheets were against top class strikers and the defence had nothing to do with it.How bias can you get and you have the nerve to tell me im not being fair.

Robles performance against west ham was outstanding then he was dropped.

if you want to talk about luck and poor finishing look at that world cup match of Tims super saves again.

As for the 5 in the Europa cup 2 were unstoppable the other 3 he could have done better.

Edited by seve

So you are saying Robles 3 clean sheets were because the striker was piss poor or the defence was better

the same defence Tim was behind,for his first 4 months of the season and I take it tims 3 clean sheets were against top class strikers and the defence had nothing to do with it.How bias can you get and you have the nerve to tell me im not being fair.

Robles performance against west ham was outstanding then he was dropped.

if you want to talk about luck and poor finishing look at that world cup match of Tims super saves again.

As for the 5 in the Europa cup 2 were unstoppable the other 3 he could have done better.

When I saw in the search results you'd logged on to blame Tim for the 2 goals today :D

I actually agree with that post.

Benteke is probably the hardest striker for a keeper to come out ( a long way ) and claim against. Look at how Coleman managed to keep Harper off the ball for Jags. For that goal if you watch where Jags came from to mark him, it's more on him for me. Not many keepers would have stopped any of those in the Kyiv game, infact I do recall Tim making a class save when we were perhaps down 1-0. I think perhaps you need to stand behind the goals for a game and witness how quickly it happens. He's been at fault for plenty, but sometimes there is nothing a keeper can do.

What I actually said he could have helped the defence out but he never does

benteke was only just out side the 6 yard box when he headed it he could have at least put him off instead of just standing on the line as usual

As for standing behind the goals to see how fast things happen is very funny next you will be telling me those nasty men kick the ball to hard

at him and its not fair.