IGNORED

Tim v Joel

Mogsy

Can't believe anyone would be surprised that Howard will go straight back in it was always going to be the case.

I have to agree with you, but I'll also swallow my pride and say that it's Joel's turn.

Hopefully, Howard comes in and shows his form from last season. If he doesn't, Martinez needs to show the courage to drop him.

Once Joel learns to judge coming off his line a bit better I think we will have a very fine all round keeper. I think one v ones he is incredibly good at, he stays big and covers a lot of space, I would almost rather him try and save like this then rushing out at the feet of a quick striker..

I think that is his major weak point ( Jelavic v Hull and Gayle v Crystal Palace, the lad from Krasnador )

Calm down you nut

Wait - He's the nut??!! :rofl:

He's spot on mate. You only have to look at the number of goals we've conceded if you want to "remember" what type of goalkeeper TH has been this year. Yes, the blame is not all on him, but IMO he is one the reasons we are where we are at the moment. And for the record I love Howard, but to just replace him with the snap of the fingers out of principle reeks of politics to me and not good management, but then again that seems to be Martinez' raison d'être recently.

If Tim starts tomorrow, so be it. But I think Robles will fill dejected. Tim will be the one to watch tomorrow. I guess that is not said often about a goal keeper, but it will be exciting to see how he performs.

On comparing the two. I feel that Robles has much to improve on, but we have seen that happen in the last few games. I think his distribution is promising. He has great versatility, but his decision making needs working on. It almost cost against Liverpool when he came out to snub out Sterling. Finally, I think Tim edges out on dominating in the box with punches.

All the pressure is on Tim now. Not Robles.

If Tim starts tomorrow, so be it. But I think Robles will fill dejected. Tim will be the one to watch tomorrow. I guess that is not said often about a goal keeper, but it will be exciting to see how he performs.

On comparing the two. I feel that Robles has much to improve on, but we have seen that happen in the last few games. I think his distribution is promising. He has great versatility, but his decision making needs working on. It almost cost against Liverpool when he came out to snub out Sterling. Finally, I think Tim edges out on dominating in the box with punches.

All the pressure is on Tim now. Not Robles.

For someone who hasn't played in a while, he is going to have fire up his ass with Willian, Hazard, Fabregas, Oscar, Matic, and maybe even Drogba coming at him. NOT an easy match to return to.

Wait - He's the nut??!! :rofl:

He's spot on mate. You only have to look at the number of goals we've conceded if you want to "remember" what type of goalkeeper TH has been this year. Yes, the blame is not all on him, but IMO he is one the reasons we are where we are at the moment. And for the record I love Howard, but to just replace him with the snap of the fingers out of principle reeks of politics to me and not good management, but then again that seems to be Martinez' raison d'être recently.

You've missed the point. He was calling him a nut because he was ranting, it was meant in an affectionate way (not lovingly but friendly) and he was chuckling at him because he was annoyed at the thought and ranting.

Meant like.. Ha ha calm down you mad man .

You've missed the point. He was calling him a nut because he was ranting, it was meant in an affectionate way (not lovingly but friendly) and he was chuckling at him because he was annoyed at the thought and ranting.

Meant like.. Ha ha calm down you mad man .

Was received that way too.

Will we see Joel in Europa possibly since he has shown he has the talent? Or is it Howard for the rest of the season regardless of the competition?

I would like to see Joel in Europa.

I don't think he'll switch. It'll be Howard all the way now in both competitions barring injury.

I've deleted the poll now because the situation no longer applies.

For the record it finished 31-17 in favour of Joel.

We'll never know if it was the right decision or not to bring Howard back because we'll never know what would have happened if Joel had stayed in goal; but at least Tim now knows he has an able deputy so hopefully he'll feel the pressure and keep on top of his game.

I'd like to see us alternate them for the rest of the season.

bad idea Steve. We need solidity if we're going to climb the league and that comes from having stability. I would've liked Joel to have kept his place but if he's been dropped, I only want him back in because Howard isn't fit or suspended

Guest rusty747

Howard certainly played well at Chelski but he is 35 so Joel or another is the future. At the moment, Howard is back in possession so fair enough. But the next time Howard is injured or dropped, Joel has to be told he is the new number one.

Edited by rusty747

• 2 weeks later...