IGNORED

Bakary Sako

Everton are looking at a summer move for Wolves' Mali international winger Bakary Sako, 27. (Sun - subscription required)

Romey might kill himself before next season starts, at this rate...

Edited by Matt

Everton are looking at a summer move for Wolves' Mali international winger Bakary Sako, 27. (Sun - subscription required)

Romney might kill himself before next season starts, at this rate...

Fucks sake man, I'm not the American politician! :P

I'm not actually too devastated about this rumour. Well, I would be if he's a Mirallas replacement or even the alternative to Lennon.

I follow Wolves closely (ish) with my mother-in-law a STH there. I get to a few games when she has a spare. I thought he was awful when he first joined and then began to shine in League 1 - he's looked progressively better each season but my thoughts are he's nowhere near good enough. He's got all the attributes to play at a higher level so it COULD click for him in the Prem but I for one would not be encouraging this move.

Local media has him linked to WBA but he's priced himself out. I still see him ending up at them or Villa.

Championship players demanding £60k a week... Madness.

The Sun reporting it so it must be true.

Is it just me (and I'm obviously not on Merseyside so different rules apply) that just looks at anyone buying a copy of this Murdoch dictated comic and shakes their head in confusion?

Millions of people buy this "newspaper" every day and actually believe what they're reading. Whenever I see someone pick up a copy in our local shop I just want to give them a (gentle) slap and tell them to grow up. Don't remember the exact figure but I read years ago that it's intentionally "dumbed down" so that the writing is about on the level of an average twelve year old so their readers can understand it (though it might have been a six year old).

But it's the biggest there is. Tragic.

The Sun reporting it so it must be true.

Is it just me (and I'm obviously not on Merseyside so different rules apply) that just looks at anyone buying a copy of this Murdoch dictated comic and shakes their head in confusion?

Millions of people buy this "newspaper" every day and actually believe what they're reading. Whenever I see someone pick up a copy in our local shop I just want to give them a (gentle) slap and tell them to grow up. Don't remember the exact figure but I read years ago that it's intentionally "dumbed down" so that the writing is about on the level of an average twelve year old so their readers can understand it (though it might have been a six year old).

But it's the biggest there is. Tragic.

I had a huge paper round in Cornwall - took me well over an hour and a half every day - and, out of sixty deliveries, only two had the Sun. One was a local doctor, and the other was the library. BTW, that paper round made me 60p a week. For those who grumble about minimum wage, that was well under 10p an hour - but you took what you could get.

I had a huge paper round in Cornwall - took me well over an hour and a half every day - and, out of sixty deliveries, only two had the Sun. One was a local doctor, and the other was the library. BTW, that paper round made me 60p a week. For those who grumble about minimum wage, that was well under 10p an hour - but you took what you could get.

How did you feed the wife and kids on 60p a week Steve?

I was 14 - although I kept the job until I was 16.

Point taken, though.

Incidentally, when I was a PhD student, I did hold five jobs at the same time - so we could make ends meet. The most amazing one was chief examiner in computer studies for a correspondence school. I wrote a letter to them suggesting I could be an instructor in any one of five different subjects. A few days later, a package came with course books and the first 50 papers to mark. First thing I did was read the books, because I'd taught myself how to program. Then, for three years, I kept up with that job. The neat thing was that I could do the work in my own time - especially after my wife had gone to sleep - so it didn't really interrupt anything.

But, I digress.

Edited by Cornish Steve

Point taken, though.

Incidentally, when I was a PhD student, I did hold five jobs at the same time - so we could make ends meet. The most amazing one was chief examiner in computer studies for a correspondence school. I wrote a letter to them suggesting I could be an instructor in any one of five different subjects. A few days later, a package came with course books and the first 50 papers to mark. First thing I did was read the books, because I'd taught myself how to program. Then, for three years, I kept up with that job. The neat thing was that I could do the work in my own time - especially after my wife had gone to sleep - so it didn't really interrupt anything.

But, I digress.

ok we dnt need your life story can we get back on to the subject of the player. id have him but not for u0

60k a week .

ok we dnt need your life story can we get back on to the subject of the player. id have him but not for u0

60k a week .

If that sort of thing bothers you you're in the wrong place; happens all the time :lol:.

My first job was a Saturday job in a greengrocer/fishmonger, got £3 for the day.

Wonder if Sako would accept that? (<<see what I did there B))

If that sort of thing bothers you you're in the wrong place; happens all the time :lol:.

My first job was a Saturday job in a greengrocer/fishmonger, got £3 for the day.

Wonder if Sako would accept that? (<<see what I did there B))

That was my point, really. Just look how much these guys believe they should earn, and put it in the context of our own lives.

Point taken, though.

But, I digress.

That's gold. Love the fact they sent the papers to mark without even speaking to you in person.

Don't know how you did it though. I don't seem to have enough time in the day with one job.

If I only I didn't need to sleep.

My first meaningful employed was in the local corner store, really terrible pay. Got given an out of date bag of pistachio nuts for a Xmas bonus.

Sorry of I'm boring you Danny :)

That was my point, really. Just look how much these guys believe they should earn, and put it in the context of our own lives.

It almost impossible though isn't it?

When even average prem players earn more in a week than most of us do in a year.

That's gold. Love the fact they sent the papers to mark without even speaking to you in person.

Don't know how you did it though. I don't seem to have enough time in the day with one job.

If I only I didn't need to sleep.

My first meaningful employed was in the local corner store, really terrible pay. Got given an out of date bag of pistachio nuts for a Xmas bonus.

Sorry of I'm boring you Danny :)

It's bore Danny day!

Looking back, it was hilarious. This was Britain's leading correspondence school at the time. I had no interview. They never saw a CV. They had no idea of my experience or proof of qualifications whatsoever. They received my letter and, la voila, I was their chief examiner. Still, it helped get me through a PhD program, so I'm not complaining.

As for time, you make time. I also ran a free programming class for local unemployed in the area. (The university kindly allowed me to use their lab free of charge.) I tutored physics and maths undergraduates and 'A' level students. Oh, to be young again.

And you know what? I would do that any day over being a greedy prima donna demanding 60K a week. :)

Edited by Cornish Steve

The problem is is he's got no experience in the PL and he's already 27 so there is a much bigger risk than with someone like Benteke. So I just doubt anyone would pay that unless they are desperate.He would get about the same as Baines, the best fullback in the league.

• 1 month later...