IGNORED

John Guidetti

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guidetti played his first match in 9 months today for the Man City reserves. It took him 9 minutes to find the back of the net.

Sorry for quoting myself but its for effect.

Tonight Guidetti played his second game for the reserves since coming back from his injury. 90 minutes, one goal.

Apparently a handful PL teams wanted to loan him in jan but Mancini refused. (rumour in Sweden that Everton were one of the teams) Mancini thinks he needs a month or two to become fully fit. He also said that he wants to use John in the prem this season.

I see big things for this lad. He is going to be a star player.

Sorry for quoting myself but its for effect.

Tonight Guidetti played his second game for the reserves since coming back from his injury. 90 minutes, one goal.

Apparently a handful PL teams wanted to loan him in jan but Mancini refused. (rumour in Sweden that Everton were one of the teams) Mancini thinks he needs a month or two to become fully fit. He also said that he wants to use John in the prem this season.

I see big things for this lad. He is going to be a star player.

I think you're right. He's either going to be kept at City for a long time or bang the goals in for them when he is put in and get a big money move (which we obviously wouldn't be able to manage).

• 1 month later...

Played his first game for the reserves in 6 weeks (!) yesterday. Scored two. (thats 4 goals in 3 games now)

Is not training with the a team (?) and the Guardian has him as one of 11 (?) players that Man City are considering clearing out after this season. (due to the lack of results)

Would be strange if they let him go now when they have stuck with him during his horrible long term injury. But who are we to look a gift horse in the mouth. Should really be looking at this kid.

Edited by Peter H

I'd have him in a heartbeat considering what everyone is saying about him. He looks like a big fella too from what I've seen, the white Anichebe perhaps! I'm interested to see who City clear out and where they will be going to, David Silva was mentioned over on Bluemoon and I'd take him too (although sadly we'd need to sell 90% of our players to afford him :unsure:).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Isn't always injured ?

Its a strange injury that he had but not likely to come back. He ate a piece of chicken that wasnt cooked properly and it effected his muscles. Took a long time to recover from and when he did he overdid the training and injured his knee. Probably overcompensated his training on one side from the chicken injury.

He has not rushed his comeback this time and is now ready to go. Has scored a shitload in Sweden U21 and Man City reserves since his comeback a few weeks ago.

This kid seems to be highly rated at Man City - somewhat strange that he's not had a sniff of the first team given he's what, 22 now? I know they've had some top strikers there but still.