IGNORED

John Guidetti

I saw the interview on tv a couple of weeks ago and all of these quotes are correct. He said all of these things.

Thats crazy! Thats not even banter, it is more like bullying! lol

I also read on the same site that when Bendtner went to Sunderland he used to wear his nice shirts & suits to training before getting changed into his kit. When he came back from training someone in the squad used to cut up all his clothes and threw them in the bin because he was too smart. I would have gone nuts!

Thats crazy! Thats not even banter, it is more like bullying! lol

I also read on the same site that when Bendtner went to Sunderland he used to wear his nice shirts & suits to training before getting changed into his kit. When he came back from training someone in the squad used to cut up all his clothes and threw them in the bin because he was too smart. I would have gone nuts!

Probably deserved it, just like these two (sorry, couldn't figure out the embed)

http://youtu.be/KkTSH7RCi5E?t=13m43s

Edited by chicagoblue

Guidetti talked about the bullying in a light and humorous fashion. With a sparkle in his eye. He did not go on the show to cry about it. The interview was not about bullying. He is happy at Man City. Im sure he would have recieved some stick if he was here to. He has a very cocky way about him and im sure evertons older players would have given him hell for that.

I think Guidetti thrives in these conditions, he likes to stick out.

Im still hoping that he comes to everton, signing the contract could just be a way of ensuring that man city get paid for him. Its often done in sweden. (sign a contract and then transfer) its a way of repaying the club for giving him a career boost.

Dont forget, at city he is competing with 3-4 of the best attackers in the league. At Everton he would compete with Ani, Connor, and Vellios for the second spot behind Jelavic.

This guy can really bang in goals, would be a great addition to the ranks. (if he recovers from the chicken)

Guidetti talked about the bullying in a light and humorous fashion. With a sparkle in his eye. He did not go on the show to cry about it. The interview was not about bullying. He is happy at Man City. Im sure he would have recieved some stick if he was here to. He has a very cocky way about him and im sure evertons older players would have given him hell for that.

I think Guidetti thrives in these conditions, he likes to stick out.

Im still hoping that he comes to everton, signing the contract could just be a way of ensuring that man city get paid for him. Its often done in sweden. (sign a contract and then transfer) its a way of repaying the club for giving him a career boost.

Dont forget, at city he is competing with 3-4 of the best attackers in the league. At Everton he would compete with Ani, Connor, and Vellios for the second spot behind Jelavic.

This guy can really bang in goals, would be a great addition to the ranks. (if he recovers from the chicken)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19991206

t_locked.png

Artur Boruc

Started by duncanmckenzieismagic, 05 Sep 2012

^^^ The one above was closed when he signed a contract ^^^

Whats the difference if a player signs a contract with another club, or the club he is already at, the same rumours can still be generated.

Pointless closing it, because he will inevitably be linked with us during the next few transfer windows or until he is transferred to another club/playing regularly football.

But lots of other topics where closed in the summer when the players we were linked with signed for other clubs.

Thats why i'm asking "Why is this one different" smile.png

because the talk has evolved from rumours to a slightly different topic still related to the same player, which doesnt justify opening a new thread.

Edited by Matt

t_locked.png Artur Boruc Started by duncanmckenzieismagic, 05 Sep 2012 26 replies 680 views

^^^ The one above was closed when he signed a contract ^^^

Whats the difference if a player signs a contract with another club, or the club he is already at, the same rumours can still be generated.

Players that sign for a new club are unlikely to be linked with a move to us again instantly unlike when they're just renewing a contract. But those closed threads will always be reopened or merged with a new thread when/if we are relinked with them. But when it's just the renewal of a contract the rumours don't tend to stop so there's no need to close the thread really.

Edited by Romey 1878

It's important not to get into a state of administrative OCD where forums are concerned.

One of the worst things any admin can do in my opinion is to insist that all posts are made in the relevant threads that already exist. After a period of time, it is almost impossible for any subject not to have already been covered, and if a new member opens a thread, then don't moderate it by moving it into a discussion that took place in 1962.

Forums need new 'fresh' threads in order to keep them interesting, and the quickest way to discourage new growth is to tell somebody a subject has already been discussed. It's fine if it has only been discussed recently, but on this forum in particular, we see a lot of threads revisited in order to keep things 'apparantly' tidy, and it can become confusing, and boring. Does it really matter if we start a 'Louis Suarez is a cheat' thread, and 6 months later have a 'Louis Suarez accused of racism thread'?

People enjoy starting threads. Just let them get on with it, and only intervine with sensible and necessary moderating. Anything else is detrimental to the success of any discussion page.

Another thing that really gets on my tits is when peeps open threads with somebody's name, for example 'Joe Bloggs' instead of writing 'Joe Bloggs sent to prison' or 'Happy Birthday Joe Bloggs'. Offering the viewer insight into the content of the thread within the title is more likely to get interest, and also get your forum bigger hits.

As for closing threads, it is unnecessary, unless it is to put a stop to mindless arguments and flaming which have derailed a discussion. Deleting posts and threads is even worse, unless it's spam, as it destroys any history a forum has, and prevents any research, or fact finding, and prevents any comparison to new or old opinion, and so on.

As long as threads are in an appropriate section, leave well alone. doh.gif

Instead of closing it, cant it be moved to general football? As someone said, its good to have a place to discuss players.

BTW Im still hoping everton will sign him on loan in december. That was the original rumour wasnt it? Why does him signing a three year contract change that? Its a loan rumour.