IGNORED

John Guidetti

Meanwhile, Everton boss Moyes also hopes to strike a deal with the Premier League champions over Swedish striker John Guidetti, who spent time on loan at Feyenoord last season, and defender Dedryck Boyata, who was with Bolton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2188053/Everton-given-refusal-Adam-Johnson.html#ixzz23VXdeTqA

Ive pushed Guidetti in several threads here before. Would love it if it was true. Apparently Lazio are sniffing around him aswell but a potential deal might have fallen through due to the virus hes had for a while. The virus that kept him away from the euros.

Guidetti is the player with the most potential to come from sweden for years. Experts are comparing him to greats like Ibra, Henrik Larsson and Freddy Ljungberg. Saying he can be just as influential to a team.

10 mil is the asking price according to news sources in Sweden. Havent seen anything about Everton

Heard he turned down Blackburn (and why shouldn't he) and wants to return to Feyenoord on loan or permanent. Anyone else hear about this?

We're going to be linked with City players galore until the window closes. Pinch of salt.

Wonder if they'll link us to the likes of Silva Tevez and Aguero hahaha

Edited by tolne

• 1 month later...

Because that's what people do - I.e. Live too far ahead in the future. Too many examples to mention.

I've never even heard of this Guidetti player until today. Has been phenomenal at junior level for Internationals and has really made a name for himself in Rotterdam as a loan player and is talked about as one for the future, and that alone makes me interested enough to think he could do well here, but we'll wait until the new year to see if he actually does arrive. Can't go along simply on the basis of a rumor from a rival page, but until it actually occurs, best thing to do is wait until the time of arrival if it actually does happen.

if he did come wouldn't shock me if he came permanently afterwards..city have so many strikers the lad isn't gonna get a sniff..and we need a real up and comer up top..not sure what the future holds for mcaleny but i feel he'd have been around the first team more if he was ever gonna be a star

He's been injured this season, came back the other week but took another knock to his ankle in the last U21 match. From the limited amount I've saw of him he looks the most natural out of him, Vellios, and Vic. If we don't bring anyone in I can see him getting the last 10 mins in games that don't suit Anichebe/Vellios. If not, next on the line is Hope. I'd like to see Guidetti here, but the club would have to get rid of some strikers as there will be no opportunities for them,

I really rate this lad and as Marco says He wont get a look in at City which if true and a big if at that it could be our gain their loss.

It's sad that so much young talent gets snapped up like monopoly property by these big spenders only to fade away...

I'd like Vellios to be given a good run out before we may knock him down the pecking order.

McAleny looks very lightweight to me and from what I've seen which is admittedly not very much He doesnt look like he has a great deal about him?

Guidetti is already better than Vellios, Anichebe and McAleny so it would deffo add some strength. Bit concerned about his status tho. Has not played since may because of a badly cooked piece of chicken.

before his injury he was awesome. Cant see any of the three above banging in that many goals in Holland. Was on the verge of edging out Elmander from the swedish national team.

Guidetti is already better than Vellios, Anichebe and McAleny so it would deffo add some strength. Bit concerned about his status tho. Has not played since may because of a badly cooked piece of chicken.

before his injury he was awesome. Cant see any of the three above banging in that many goals in Holland. Was on the verge of edging out Elmander from the swedish national team.

I went to google it after I read your post. Very weird problem he had!

Dont know if this has already been posted but I read this somewhere else... Not sure if its true but sounds ridiculous!

in a guest appearance with SVT's talkshow "the skavlan", Guidetti talked about his experiences since moving to Manchester

Guidetti has made a name of himself with 20 goals on his loan campaign with Feyernoord, but he still remember the harsh welcoming he received as a new City player

"People used to spit at me(on the street)" says the 20 year old when he appears on the guest show "the skavlan" which is recorded in London

"They(teammates) used to take my shoes cut them in halves and throw them in the bin", continues the 20 year old

"They used to openly insult my family when they were here for the first time, but they were not so smart because they did not understand that Scandinavians know english"

He said "its important to take the conflict rather than let it slip away unnoticed regardless of who its you are dealing with, once i went up to Kolo Toure and Vieira who are about 2 metres tall and said "yo, don't talk to me like that""

in the Programme which is broadcasted on Friday sees the singer Alicia Keys comfort the striker who has been out of football for about half a year with a stomach illness after eating a bad chicken

"I don't like Chicken" she says

"I've also stopped eating it" he jokes who soon will put the bullying and an upset stomach behind him

Guidetti who last week talked about his condition and future to Swedish Sportbladet also talks about the difference in reception of new players between City and Swedish teams

"In Sweden everybody loves eachother, you high-five eachother and celebrate when others score, here on the other hand its different, because players know its difficult to survive so they try and put the glory on themselves, when you first train they don't pass you the ball because when you don't have the ball you can't show how good you are"