IGNORED

Alvaro Negredo

I couldn't even see anything with all the damn commercials everywhere, and most of all never even heard of this player ?

But as stated, it if appears there's not a chance in hell of getting this player in, that's about any interest over for me.

I wouldn't even see the Daily Mirror as a reliable source of information.

I couldn't even see anything with all the damn commercials everywhere, and most of all never even heard of this player ?

But as stated, it if appears there's not a chance in hell of getting this player in, that's about any interest over for me.

I wouldn't even see the Daily Mirror as a reliable source of information.

Youve never heard of him? thats a surprise seen as you didnt even know your own team were playin today

It's a lot for a 27 year old.

I think we need a midfielder or two, and can't see us blowing any money we have on a striker, unless we sort out midfield cheaply.

You think 27 is old? some would say thats a player in their prime

Youve never heard of him? thats a surprise seen as you didnt even know your own team were playin today

Don't see what that has to do with the player in question. Once again, never heard of the player until today, regardless of not being fully aware we was involved in action tonight. Embarrassed maybe, but I have more to do during the days than keep check on constant league fixtures. I thought it was this weekend - it wasn't. Eggs on face etc, and moving on.

There's going to be a scramble for this player, so that's all we should focus on now

You think 27 is old? some would say thats a player in their prime

In terms of assets, it is an investment that will continue to depreciate, so needs to be a bridge to greater success, hence making it a gamble. The ideal situation would be to buy young, nurture, and 'own' at the players peak, which is in itself a gamble from the off.

Investing in 'ready made' will always be expensive, so if we were to go down that route, we would need to be able to afford any such depreciation should our ambitions not be met, and that is the issue with older purchases.

I guess the compromise would be to do what Moyes and his scouting team have been good at, and that is to identify players who are soon to peak, before anybody else does, and do it by way of avoiding all the costs of the nurturing.

In other words, 22-24 year old bargains.

I had a look at his profile page and seems this is a player that while at 27, still has a lot of offer and has an impressive record at International level, and averaged a goal nearly every two games in Seville, so if we could get him, I'd be pleased enough, but can only wait and see what occurs. It's all speculation once again and will they/ won't they, but hope to see this go through if possible, even if some think it's never likely to occur. If nothing takes place - then it doesn't, but can only wait and see etc.

Check out Negredo's wiki page already ha ha ha

tongue.png Birthplace Bootle?

This name uses Spanish naming customs; the first or paternal family name is Negredo and the second or maternal family name is Sánchez.

Álvaro Negredo Sánchez (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈalβaɾo neˈɣɾeðo ˈsantʃeθ]; born 20 August 1985) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Everton FC as a striker He is a boss striker that will score loads of belters in front of the Gwladys. Bill Kenwright's West End theatre productions helped finance the deal.

Nicknamed La fiera de Vallecas (The beast of Vallecas), his career was associated with Real Madrid, although he could never become a part of its first-team setup, going on to represent other teams in his country, namely Sevilla. Despite a long battle with heroin, which he used to acquire from the rear of the strand shopping centre in bootle, he managed to break through in the world of football, stating 'Loved the brown me lad, but footy was all i ever wanted to do like. Miss the stuff now, cause you know, its sick, but now an then i look a beanos an think, you could have been here with me too lar'. Alvaro states that his 'Bezzie' beanos could have been a top striker, but on the day of the trials, couldnt find anyone to give him 20p for the bus, so missed out.

A Spanish international since 2009, Negredo helped the country win Euro 2012.

http://bleacherrepor...-la-liga/page/5

8. Alvaro Negredo

hi-res-150808755_display_image.jpg?1348026511

Denis Doyle/Getty Images

Team: Sevilla

Goals per Game: 0.47

Negredo is a bit of a frustrating player. At times, he can score absolutely beautiful goals that make him seem like one of the elite strikers in Europe. Other times, he can go missing for matches at a time and fails to have much impact on the game.

Talent has never been a problem for the Castilian. Consistency has.

The 6' 1" forward never really has a 'bad' game, but too rarely does he reach that elite level that is expected from such a strong and gifted player.

Over the last five seasons, the Sevilla star has played at a higher level than Fernando Torres, the man who consistently takes his place in the national squad. This with the absence of elite talent surrounding him—bar Jesus Navas.

Negredo is a lot more agile than he looks, is solid in the air and can be clinical in front of goal, but he needs to be more dependable from week to week and do more for his providers.

I would argue that I'm not sure I want to dish out 10m for a player whose sell on value will likely be much less than what we payed for him due to his age (27)

I understand that but in a dream world if he scores a shit load from now to end of the season and gets us in the Champs league then he is a bargain. Thats the gamble i guess but i think you have to look at the prices for the likes of Danny Graham and Hooper and is it really a huge amount?

I understand that but in a dream world if he scores a shit load from now to end of the season and gets us in the Champs league then he is a bargain. Thats the gamble i guess but i think you have to look at the prices for the likes of Danny Graham and Hooper and is it really a huge amount?

Exactly. Negredo is a top top player. Albeit it he lacks certain attributes like pace but makes up for it in finishing, set piece taking and movement. He's just a better Jelavic imo. It wouldn't be £10m anyway, I don't think.

Steven Fletcher is 2 years younger and is a 'good' player....but he's costing upwards of £14m. £12 initially....leading to £14+

I would see the move as similar to the Berbatove to Spurs transfer. He was 26, similar attributes and cost about the "rumored", same amount. Would you take Berbatov? Even now at 32? I think I would, as an option.

Is this guy any good, full international for Espana????

In short, yes. Hence why I laughed rather hard when I heard that we were interested.

I'd have never have thought we'd have the financial clout to buy someone like him. But all things considered, it seems like Sevilla are in the perennial "shit". One of the most sought after strikers in Europe.

I just still can't believe that he's a genuine target.

Even goal.com reporting on this now. http://www.goal.com/...ws&ICID=HP_BN_1 Thats both Goal and the BBC, can there be some truth behind this? Or is this a tactic to turn twente around on Fer? (let us have him at the revised offer)

I laughed out loud when I read his name on here this morning but a lot of medias (https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=negredo+Everton&oq=negredo+Everton&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8) are running this.

Edited by Peter H

Everton chief executive Robert Elstone looked like a man steeling himself for another busy day at Goodison last night. If the last 24 hours weren’t hectic enough, trying in vain to resuscitate a deal for Dutchman Leroy Fer after his medical issues, the contacts book has been taking a battering ever since.

Seville’s Alvaro Negredo is the top target today, although discussions with Real Betis regarding midfielder Ruben Castro have also taken place. Barnsley right back John Stones has also been discussed.

For manager David Moyes, it’s a fine line between finding the right addition to maintain the top four push and appearing desperate as the deadline approaches. It’s European pedigree he is after, not just bodies to make up the numbers.