IGNORED

Patrick Bamford

I know it's the Daily Mail but this is an interesting link. The lad can play up front or off the striker and certainly seems to know where the net is after good loan spells at Derby and Middlesbrough (19 goals last season):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3126481/Everton-interested-Chelsea-forward-Patrick-Bamford-bolster-strikeforce.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I know, but thought it was worth mentioning. Looks like his decision will be between a new deal at Chelsea and going out on loan again, or moving on to start afresh.

I thought he'd signed a new contract with Chelsea before his loan to Boro but I must've imagined that!

I just think after the way we used Atsu, the fact we mostly play with one up front, Martinez talking up Kone, and us having less games this season, it just wouldn't make sense for Chelsea to send him to us (even if we're interested). I think he'll go to a Prem side but not to us.

I thought he'd signed a new contract with Chelsea before his loan to Boro but I must've imagined that!

I just think after the way we used Atsu, the fact we mostly play with one up front, Martinez talking up Kone, and us having less games this season, it just wouldn't make sense for Chelsea to send him to us (even if we're interested). I think he'll go to a Prem side but not to us.

Boom-Design-new-500.gif

A side like Bournemouth would be ideal for the lad don't get me wrong I'd happily have him here over Kone anyday and he's probably a step ahead of Henen etc but for the above reasons I can't see it happening

Hopefully for his sake he goes elsewhere permanently before he fades into obscurity

Edited by EFC-Paul

• 1 month later...

very true but that didn't stop mourinho for blaming us in the media and saying he didn't like his lack of playing time.

If he wanted to give him time on the pitch he should have kept him and played him himself.

He can't select the starting XI for the rest of the premier league no matter how much he'd like to.

If he wanted to give him time on the pitch he should have kept him and played him himself.

He can't select the starting XI for the rest of the premier league no matter how much he'd like to.

completely agree mike, but mou is a fickle man and i don't think after all that he wants to start sending players our way just yet, maybe next campaign, but he holds a grudge (even if it's a completely unreasonable grudge).