IGNORED

Cricket Thread

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think they've got any chance of winning the second Test batting last chasing this huge score.

Stumps at 67 for 1.

They probably won't win but they were very competitive restricting India in the second innings. Hartley and Ahmed were great.

They need an exceptional innings from someone. Pope and Root will be key, I think.

2 hours ago, Formby said:

Stumps at 67 for 1.

They probably won't win but they were very competitive restricting India in the second innings. Hartley and Ahmed were great.

They need an exceptional innings from someone. Pope and Root will be key, I think.

They're more than capable of one or two having a cracking innings, but every single one of them is also capable of getting out to any ball :lol:.

47 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They're more than capable of one or two having a cracking innings, but every single one of them is also capable of getting out to any ball :lol:.

I think that's why I enjoy them play so much these days!

9 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think the very fact that we're chasing 399, away to arguably the best team in the world, and are still not viewed as out of it (CricViz gives us a 12% chance) shows that we've rewritten the test match rulebook, exciting stuff.

51 minutes ago, MikeO said:

I think the very fact that we're chasing 399, away to arguably the best team in the world, and are still not viewed as out of it (CricViz gives us a 12% chance) shows that we've rewritten the test match rulebook, exciting stuff.

Without a doubt.

In the past you’d know they’d just shut up shop and hope they could keep India at bay for as long possible but that they would eventually get blown away and lose heavily. Now you know that they’re going to come out and go for it tomorrow. They may still lose but they believe they can win.

Jimmy said that they were told that even if India get 600 we’re going to go for it!

On 18/02/2024 at 11:32, Romey 1878 said:

Root and Bairstow need to be questioned now. The pair of them are in terrible form and I think we need to be thinking about replacements, whether permanently or temporarily.

Bairstow definitely needs to go. A bit torn on Root but can't complain if he's dropped.

India giving youth a chance is the way to go.  

10 minutes ago, Formby said:

Bairstow definitely needs to go. A bit torn on Root but can't complain if he's dropped.

Indian giving youth a chance is the way to go.  

I think Stokes and McCullum are a bit too loyal at times and will stick with the two of them for a bit yet. Loyalty is good but you have to learn when it's the right time to get a player out as well.

Even just a game or two might help, it could light a fire in them. We know Bairstow usually performs at his best when he feels he's been wronged or written off.

9 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think Stokes and McCullum are a bit too loyal at times and will stick with the two of them for a bit yet. Loyalty is good but you have to learn when it's the right time to get a player out as well.

Even just a game or two might help, it could light a fire in them. We know Bairstow usually performs at his best when he feels he's been wronged or written off.

Bumrah likely out of the fourth test, so as good a time as any for someone to come in and stake a place. Lawrence?

On 20/02/2024 at 08:39, Romey 1878 said:

You mean like keeping Maguire or Henderson on the England football team? Continuity is important, for sure, but loyalty can be taken too far. There must be a ruthless streak in team selectors to build a legacy.