IGNORED

Cricket Thread

Pakistan have never successfully chased more than 345 in an ODI WC game. 

Much as though I'd like them to win, I don't see that changing. 

A win for Australia today and a win for England tomorrow would bring give all four teams (Pak, Aus, Eng and SA) a 2-2 record - all to play for! 

On 19/10/2023 at 04:07, Romey 1878 said:

I can’t see past India myself but I’d like NZ to do it as well. 

Same here. Always go for the kiwis over Aus, especially in the cricket - love the manner in which they play the game.

Wouldnt be upset in the slightest if Aus don’t make the finals, bunch of arrogant wankers.

15 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Hardly a surprise though. 

Nope, not after NZ and Afghanistan, but I wasn't expecting the multi-car pileup at the end of the SA innings. 142 from the last 10? 84 from 5?? What has happened to Wood? Bowling isn't doing enough, probably because we don't have the right bowlers (still think we should have risked Rehan Ahmed) and our much-vaunted batting looks so fragile. 

2 hours ago, Formby said:

What has happened to Wood?

I don't think anything has happened to him tbh, I think batsmen have just worked him out.

I've said it before but he just bowls as quick as he can without putting much more thought into it, and relies on the speed of his delivery being enough.

The likes of Starc and Cummins are quick bowlers but they're also very skilful with it. Wood is not.

A big part of our shit performances this tournament has been the poor off-field decisions - team selections, decisions at the toss etc. Just add another one to it now - we took Archer as a reserve but Mott has said if Topley is ruled out of the tournament Archer won't be replacing him. So now we'll have to bring someone who will have to travel to India.

Why the fuck did we take a reserve that wouldn't be able to be a reserve?! :lol: 

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

I don't think anything has happened to him tbh, I think batsmen have just worked him out.

I've said it before but he just bowls as quick as he can without putting much more thought into it, and relies on the speed of his delivery being enough.

The likes of Starc and Cummins are quick bowlers but they're also very skilful with it. Wood is not.

A big part of our shit performances this tournament has been the poor off-field decisions - team selections, decisions at the toss etc. Just add another one to it now - we took Archer as a reserve but Mott has said if Topley is ruled out of the tournament Archer won't be replacing him. So now we'll have to bring someone who will have to travel to India.

Why the fuck did we take a reserve that wouldn't be able to be a reserve?! :lol: 

Talk of Roy coming back - hopefully not to bowl!    

The one benefit of this appalling tournament for England is that it should be the end of Mott.

Hopefully it's also the end of Buttler as captain and we refresh the squad, because the squad we've took to this tournament is old and tired and it's showing.

The likes of Ali, Woakes, Malan, Stokes etc have got to be discarded and we bring in younger players and build.