IGNORED

Cricket Thread

1 hour ago, Formby said:

I'm actually getting bored of these big scores. India 397 for 4. The wicket is just so flat. Long for the days when 250 was a challenging score. 

I don't so much long for lower scoring games but, as I've said before, there just haven't been enough close games where it's actually entertaining and a contest.

If you're not even getting that in a World Cup semi-final something's wrong. Hopefully we'll get one tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Astonishing win, historic. We were beaten after two days then turned it on its head; taking the last three India wickets for no runs on day three was crucial in the end, they could've easily added 40/50 and it would've been gone.

They'd never lost in India when having a lead of over 100 in the first innings.

I think what I've most enjoyed about it all is the way Indian fans got all cocky after the batting innings and have been desperate to have reason to ridicule 'Bazzball'... now they're just crying :lol:.

Incidentally, I find how many people are angry about Bazball a bit bizarre. Not once have England or their staff said that's what we're playing (they've been at pains to distance themselves from that label if anything) and yet it's the ones that have actually coined the phrase that are the most offended by it :lol:.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Stunning win and it'll give the side even more belief in their positive play. Without that we don't get the win after the first two innings where India were well on top.

Massive congratulations to Hartley - he was taken to the cleaners in India's first innings but then tore through them in their second.

Amazing performance from him - and the team!

A great sporting fillip after Everton's dismal display yesterday.