IGNORED

Alen Halilovic

My fourth choice after a month of consideration is Alen Halilovic. Currently at Dinamo Zagreb. 16 years old and has already played in CL.

Thanks to you Pete, i've been keeping tabs on Halilovic and I have to say, he'd be a perfect foil for Barkley in a 'free' attacking 3 in front of Barry and McCarthy.

We'd definitely need an 'engine' on the other side though, to compensate the lack of pace in the midfield's defensive duties.

Glad to be first at something :D been watching Halilovic for a while now and I am very impressed.

If there is an ounce of truth and we can have him....

Mind-Blown.jpg

I'm sick to death with the loan market to me it's like we can't judge a player and sign him.

I've said before we're acting like a championship team I'm getting really pissed off with it.

Do we actually have any decent scouts out there.

I will repeat for the umpteenth time:-

"People will tolerate the board and the CEO and their tinpot organisation, their inability to deliver investement to create self sustainable revenue just on the basis that we aren't Portsmouth or Leeds - but they will only kick off when they realise other clubs are able to invest more readily in the playing staff"

I'm sick to death with the loan market to me it's like we can't judge a player and sign him.

I've said before we're acting like a championship team I'm getting really pissed off with it.

Don't understand the complaint at all. We get a look at promising talent who would normally cost a fortune with little risk if they flop. In the last couple of years, we've had 3 loans which we then bought. Alternatively, we could've paid over the odds and ended up with a Bily. It's just good business sense, whether we had loads of money or not.

I'm going to ignore the statement about scouts because it's just a ridiculous question to ask.

Edited by Matt

i just don't like the loan system it enables the top teams to buy young players then imediately loan them out at no cost to them rather than lesser clubs sign them and play them its not good.

from that point of view, I can understand.

i just don't like the loan system it enables the top teams to buy young players then imediately loan them out at no cost to them rather than lesser clubs sign them and play them its not good.

That's just a fact of life. When you don't have a billionaire to rely on, you must play smart. To my mind, loaning these top young prospects is very smart.

I know , the loan market has never worked for us

Arteta, Ferguson, Rom, Delefeou etc

i never said it didn't work for us I'm just sick of it.and while we are looking to loan players teams around us are actually signing players with thier sky money,and I think some were supposedly martinez's targets.

dont tell me you were happy with last season's performance.

as it stands our squad isn't good enough.

No I wasn't at all happy last year but the season before when we had a few player in on loan was superb

We don't know what financial constraints he is operating under, or what players he is looking at. We do our business behind closed doors so until its about to happen we just don't know.

Patience is an essential virtue for Everton fan.

The problem is "we clearly do" some pay attention to the financials and cut through the spin the club spew out others live in ignorance and blind faith that the tooth fairy is gonna leave the £10-£20m that other teams with similar standings can generate from commercially generated income/ability not to lose "operating costs".

Some just accept there is no point getting upset about it as the idiots at the helm are not Turkey's that are gonna vote for Christmas.

Edited by Hafnia

i thought matinez would be good for us but I'm beginning to think he hasn't a clue.

I hope he proves me wrong or I can see moyes coming back in January.

The only good thing for me is we have some very good youth players coming through.

honestly i've wondered why moyes has stayed at sociedad, but you saying this now makes sense. maybe he's waiting it out to come back to everton if martinez has another bad year.

Edited by markjazzbassist

The problem is "we clearly do" some pay attention to the financials and cut through the spin the club spew out others live in ignorance and blind faith that the tooth fairy is gonna leave the £10-£20m that other teams with similar standings can generate from commercially generated income/ability not to lose "operating costs".

Some just accept there is no point getting upset about it as the idiots at the helm are not Turkey's that are gonna vote for Christmas.

I agree, which explains the financial constraints Martinez is under.

The club is poor at generating commercial revenue, but we do have the extra TV money. I haven't looked at last years accounts, when I get some time I will dig them up.

I agree, which explains the financial constraints Martinez is under.

The club is poor at generating commercial revenue, but we do have the extra TV money. I haven't looked at last years accounts, when I get some time I will dig them up.

i have, key places to look "other operating costs", and the loans page and trade debtors page. you'll see large jumps in difference there.

MATT - to your moyes point i don't know how unpopular it would be. even some moyes detractors on here are saying the football looked better than RM style. would be an interesting poll on here, well see how the start of the season goes before something like that appears.

Edited by markjazzbassist

if we have a poor 6 months I think martinez is gone and after 18 months of dross moyes would be a popular choice.

I hated moyes the last season he was here but I think all his thinking was directed towards the United job.

i agree that he would be a front runner to get the job and would want to come back here. i'm still undecided how i would feel if that happened. i haven't watched any real sociedad to see if he's evolved or if it's the same ole Moyes tactics, late subs, etc.

How much do we have to spend then?

How much do we have to spend then?

However much is left after they decide how much goes into "operating costs", that's how they usually do it Duncan... That's where the Arteta money went.

Operating costs is kinda like daddy getting a good weeks wages but mummy has to go to aldi because Daddy went the bookies. It went in his arse pocket but his justification to put bet Fred in his business expenses kinda avoided scrutiny.

It's ok though cos if mummy gets cross, daddy will just go and sell the tv, Xbox, sewing machine and washing machine to take them on holiday. The holiday is usually enough to eradicate other operating costs fiasco till next time.

Edited by Hafnia

However much is left after they decide how much goes into "operating costs", that's how they usually do it Duncan... That's where the Arteta money went.

Operating costs is kinda like daddy getting a good weeks wages but mummy has to go to aldi because Daddy went the bookies. It went in his arse pocket but his justification to put bet Fred in his business expenses kinda avoided scrutiny.

It's ok though cos if mummy gets cross, daddy will just go and sell the tv, Xbox, sewing machine and washing machine to take them on holiday. The holiday is usually enough to eradicate other operating costs fiasco till next time.

So in other words, you don't know either

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/everton-west-ham-dispuestos-pagar-millones-por-halilovic-4384855

According to Sport (which, honestly, is not a very safe source for me) Halilovic will leave Barça on permanent basis for a fee between 4-6M€. He's not keen on playing in Segunda B so he will leave for sure, whether it's on loan or buy option.Everton and West Ham are leading the race.

Barça will retain an buy option for the next two years.

Would be a great signing. A player still not mature but with lots of quality, and we really need quality players (Osman, peanuts, Mcgeady, Naismith, Gibson are okay but not quality players for a team like Everton)

I wouldn't say Osman and Peanuts are not quality players, but they are getting older and need replacing. This type of player could be bought now and they can be bleed into the team ready for why the likes of Osman do retire. Save us money on the long run and will make it an easier transition.

Edited by markiediow

So in other words, you don't know either

It's all up the the creative accountancy dunc.

We have a "black hole" where the difference between the clear ins and outs is... called operating costs. £11k a day increased to £38k a day all in a very short space of time. It's called bullshit.

Hey, we may get a few loans...

It's all up the the creative accountancy dunc.

We have a "black hole" where the difference between the clear ins and outs is... called operating costs. £11k a day increased to £38k a day all in a very short space of time. It's called bullshit.

Hey, we may get a few loans...

Or so the conspiracy theory goes!

Or so the conspiracy theory goes!

Conspiracy? Meaning the ability to understand "gaps" in the financials... Unless of course you actually believe finch farm costs over £30k per day versus bellefield at its inflated £11k...

It's all bullshit but your loyalty deters you from probing. These clowns rely on such naivety/loyalty/ignorance/apathy.